Notices

High Mileage with Boost

Old 12-07-2002, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default High Mileage with Boost

Today I took my B18B longblock out and am beginning the rebuild. I Bought a B18A long block off of a friend for $350 for a temporary swap in my teg. The swap has 155,XXX miles on it and he did alittle street racing with it and had I/H/E. Maintenance was kept up ok from what I understand.
Now my question is would I be able to run 7psi on it for about 6 months or so? It will have everything on my old setup in my sig except the port&polish and n20 and it will be tuned. I only had 37K on my old set up, and I don't know the affect of boost on high mileage engines.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: High Mileage with Boost (RicerRacing69)

Today I took my B18B longblock out and am beginning the rebuild. I Bought a B18A long block off of a friend for $350 for a temporary swap in my teg. The swap has 155,XXX miles on it and he did alittle street racing with it and had I/H/E. Maintenance was kept up ok from what I understand.
Now my question is would I be able to run 7psi on it for about 6 months or so? It will have everything on my old setup in my sig except the port&polish and n20 and it will be tuned. I only had 37K on my old set up, and I don't know the affect of boost on high mileage engines.
first you should drop the motor in and see how it runs...if it runs pretty good turbo it...if its a little sluggish ...go get a compression test..ask your friend if the motor was in good shape before he took it out..