Notices

Hey tuners.. how large a difference will this make?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey tuners.. how large a difference will this make?

The current exahust setup on my GSR consists of a Revhard 2.5" DP with a 2.5" flex pipe attatched to it, then to a 2.38" Apex'1 N1. Much smaller than the 2.5-->3" exahust I was running on the Civic, and being such a larger turbo (TD05-15G vs. T3/T04E 60trim) and an engine that flows so much more air (D16Y8 vs. B18C1), how much of a difference would going open DP or running an open cutout at the track make on the tune?

My fear is running overly lean under those conditions and it seems like the circumstances for the Integra to do so are better than for the Civic which was tuned with a 3" exahust from the begining.

So would you guys think a re-tune would be neccesary for a 3", or would the Hondata be able to interpolate enough to compensate for the difference?
Old 10-27-2003, 07:12 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey tuners.. how large a difference will this make? (VTC_CiViC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTC_CiViC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
My fear is running overly lean under those conditions and it seems like the circumstances for the Integra to do so are better than for the Civic which was tuned with a 3" exahust from the begining.

So would you guys think a re-tune would be neccesary for a 3", or would the Hondata be able to interpolate enough to compensate for the difference? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think your fears are right. You would lean out like that. A guy blew his motor from running open DP after he tuned it. i WOULD GET IT RETUNED
Old 10-27-2003, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dave,
with an open DP the car will go a littel bit more lean, it all will depend on how rich you are before you drop the exhauat, to determine how lean it will be.

Plus going from the exhaust you have to something bigger, or just an open DP the turbo is gong to come into boost alot faster, and may mess with your current tune some also.

just some things to consider.
Brian
Old 10-27-2003, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hey tuners.. how large a difference will this make? (TurbodCX)

Yea makes sense, thanks guys.. I'm gonna discuss with with Frank before he tunes my car and see what he thinks.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:22 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Yuo can go from Open Dp to full exhuast, you'll just run richer, but not full exhuast to open wiht out leaning alot more than what you expect. It also depends on how your tuner tuned it.