Notices

Here's the plan, do I stand a chance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's the plan, do I stand a chance?

I am going to put this list of parts on my well running del sol and drive it from wisconson to north carolina within a week after installing. I am a new guy when tuning with a chipped ecu but I think I have a good understanding plus a good basemap from phearable. What do you guys think, will my car make a 1600 mile drive if I tune it enough so there is no detonation, and it doesn't run too rich or lean? I plan on getting it tunned professionally when I get to NC where im stationed. Or if you have any sugestions for this long trip please let me know.

t3/t4e 50/.63 stg3 5 bolt garrett turbo
turbo manifold (blox)
3" downpipe
n1 exhaust
wastegate (tial 38mm)
intercooler
fuel pump (walbro)
injectors (440cc precision)
chipped p28 ecu + chip burner + crome+datalog
limited slip diff phantom
rs blowoff valve
boost controller
lc-1 wideband kit w/gauge
boost gauge
Old 07-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Here's the plan, do I stand a chance?

That doesnt sound like a good idea to me. You might want to put atleast a few hundred miles on it first. In fact thats why Im sellin all my turbo crap, cant afford to have my DD break down.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

option 1) trailer
option 2) wait till you get there to install the parts

Despit what you say, you will get on it. Its hard to resist the temptation. Thats a bad thing when your untuned. A chip does NOT count as a tune, and if it seems like it is running ok you are even less likely to get it tuned when you get there
Old 07-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I PLANNED ON DRIVING IT FOR THE WEEK BEFORE I DRIVE ALL THE WAY TO NORTH CAROLINA. SO I AM HOPING THAT IN THAT WEEK I CAN GET IT TUNNED ENUGH TO GET ME HALF WAY ACROSS AMERICA. I AM ALMOST CONFIDANT THAT I CAN DO IT, BUT I JUST NEEDED TO KNOW OTHER PPLS INPUTS ON THE PLAN.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Honda4life777
I PLANNED ON DRIVING IT FOR THE WEEK BEFORE I DRIVE ALL THE WAY TO NORTH CAROLINA. SO I AM HOPING THAT IN THAT WEEK I CAN GET IT TUNNED ENUGH TO GET ME HALF WAY ACROSS AMERICA. I AM ALMOST CONFIDANT THAT I CAN DO IT, BUT I JUST NEEDED TO KNOW OTHER PPLS INPUTS ON THE PLAN.
If I almost confident in doing something with the likely hood of being stranded in inclement weather in the middle of nowhere, then I wouldn't do it.

If I were confident then yes.

I would also stop yelling!
Old 07-17-2009, 12:48 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you going to account for the mountains you will be driving through? Or are you just going to re-tune it right there while climbing up the mountain? Come on man think about it. Don't put those parts on until you get to where you are going then you will not have any problems with anything, simple as that.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be honest with yourself. Have you ever tuned a car before? do you know even the slightest bit about tuning a car? Do you know how to rebuild your engine?

If you answered "no" to any of those questions then you shouldnt install those parts till you get there. If you answered "yes" to those first 2 questions, then what the hell are you asking us for?

We've already told you our opinions and you didnt like them, so do want you want and QUIT YELLING. Just do us a favor and post some carnage pics with the pretty mountains in the background
Old 07-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here is a simple answer:

running a basemap isnt the safest idea first off. i ran one on my old car for a year, granted it was street tuned but it was basically a basemap.

now it ran awesome but i am willing to put money on it if i planned a trip it would blow up, thats just the way that kinda **** works out. why risk it? plus from your CAPS LOCK and your reply you seem like your mind is made up and trying to change other peoples opinion on here to make yourself feel like it is truly a good idea

when its not

no one wants your car to **** the bed so just wait.