Notices

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please

Hey folks. I need your help.

I just boosted my delsol. Its a d16y8 engine. And is running 8psi of boost.and is tuned on Hondata S300 .On the dyno it made 243WHP and was running great.

When we took it out in the road we had problems.The car runs great up to 5k rpm ,then the boost comes on,the car pulls hard,then at 6k the vtec kicks in and the car runs like a bag of crap. Almost like it stops firing on all cylinders.
This only happens at the vtec point. We moved the vtec point and wherever we moved it to thats were the problem occured .
I started a thread on here and everyone suggested the plugs being the problem. So they were changed and its still having the same problem.
I'm running out of ideas and i dont want to have spent all this money and effort on car that wont run like it should.

Any help would be great. I know there are a lot of smart people on here that know there honda's inside out.and a lot of people with boosted honda's. Surely theres sumone that can help me figure out whats wrong with my car.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help please (crxd16)

are you sure vtec is actually engaging and working at this point? If not your car would definately run like crap after the engagement point.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is tune and it runs like **** when vtec hit? Maybe the tuner tune it without vtec. How can you tune a car on the dyno good and run like **** on the road. I just don't understand it. Take it back to the tuner.