Notices

Help! New SOHC setup with BogginG iSSueS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! New SOHC setup with BogginG iSSueS!!!

I Found my Problem and it has been fixed thanks guys!

Modified by Skank_aSS_Dara at 8:41 AM 4/25/2005
Old 04-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you need to get a wideband on that before you ruin a brand new motor

Edit: since it's already broken in, get a wideband on it and tune
Edit: Scratch the first edit
Old 04-21-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: (nonvtecD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonvtecD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[b]you need to get a wideband on that before you ruin a brand new motor[b]

Edit: since it's already broken in, get a wideband on it and tune </TD></TR></TABLE>

dammit i dont know crap about this wideband thing PM me and school me i need to know more about this

oh btw Im still breaking in the setup i only got about 35-30 miles on it
Old 04-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Skank_aSS_Dara)

PMed
Old 04-21-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: (nonvtecD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonvtecD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">PMed</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks!
Old 04-21-2005, 01:17 PM

dude i have the same prob...I've got a built sohc, ported head blah blah blah But its only running the greddy blue box&lt;---keep in mind that it was designed for 92-95 sohc with 240's, i have 310s and a walbro, fpr set at 35. I have the same symptoms, when ever i try to pass someone in 5th or even just keep up with traffic (especially going up small inclines) the car boggs like hell. I have an autometer a/f guage and yes i know they are not the best things on the planet, but i looked at it and whenever the car bogged the guage shot to green. So i'm guessing our cars are just running really rich in the low rpms and under medium to high load. I NEED TO GET THIS THING TUNED!!! hope that helps you
Old 04-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help! New SOHC setup with BogginG iSSueS!!! (Skank_aSS_Dara)

Its nothing to worry about. You just need to get your car tuned. I made my friend a basemap for his built b16 turbo setup the other day and he said it drove fine until he decided to get on it and then it would completely shut down and stutter. Turned out the basemap was way too lean(you really don't know until you have a wideband). I added some more fuel in and voila it pulled great.

I'm guessing your problem may be too much fuel though...
Old 04-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GET YOUR CAR TUNED
that fixed all my strange issues in my car
Old 04-21-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

thanks for replying guys but i found something that mae me felt stupid a bit............

the downpipe had no o2 bung so my o2 sensor is plugged up BUT not bolted into the downpipe maybe this can be the error??
Old 04-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That or your on a basemap choose your poison.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: (turbozxi)

i'll pick the o2 problem my basemap was working fine before when i was daily driving it and doing my quarter mile times
Old 04-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skank_aSS_Dara &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'll pick the o2 problem my basemap was working fine before when i was daily driving it and doing my quarter mile times</TD></TR></TABLE> I would say it is but please get it tuned, if recall right your last engine didn't last to long. Tuning is the key.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: (turbozxi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbozxi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I would say it is but please get it tuned, if recall right your last engine didn't last to long. Tuning is the key. </TD></TR></TABLE>

"Please get it tuned" get it tuned yadda yadda i hear it all dammit, im breaking in the motor first atleast at 5-800 miles before tuning jeebus i know already....... my last setup lasted for about 4 months before it went out, i had a bad block i used to come out what went wrong on it
Old 04-22-2005, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skank_aSS_Dara &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"Please get it tuned" get it tuned yadda yadda i hear it all dammit, im breaking in the motor first atleast at 5-800 miles before tuning jeebus i know already....... my last setup lasted for about 4 months before it went out, i had a bad block i used to come out what went wrong on it</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can break in the motor right on the dyno.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igo4bmx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you can break in the motor right on the dyno.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'd rather not yet but to cruise and seat my rings for my proper way
Old 04-22-2005, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skank_aSS_Dara &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'll pick the o2 problem my basemap was working fine before when i was daily driving it and doing my quarter mile times</TD></TR></TABLE>
yea this would be causing you to run very rich in part throttle if you don't have it in the exhaust.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:07 AM

Default Re: (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yea this would be causing you to run very rich in part throttle if you don't have it in the exhaust. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes i got two people agreeing to this part maybe 3 yes okay so i might just have found my problems for now guys i'll get it fixed and inform you guys!

-dara
Old 04-22-2005, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok first of all. you need that o2 sensor put in, but only for closed loop. WOT it just uses the map you have setup.

are you running a basemap for the DSM injectors? and is it setup for boost at all? or are you running a bsaicly stock map?

if you don;t have the boost portion setup you may be flooding or running way to lean in boost. you should be breaking in the engine with the wastegate open so it bleeds off all boost, so you don;t see boost until the breakin is finished.

personaly i would have left the DSMs out and use a stock map, and stock injectors for the breakin to make sure you weren't running to rich or lean.

Old 04-22-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Re: (Snail Tuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Snail Tuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok first of all. you need that o2 sensor put in, but only for closed loop. WOT it just uses the map you have setup.

are you running a basemap for the DSM injectors? and is it setup for boost at all? or are you running a bsaicly stock map?

if you don;t have the boost portion setup you may be flooding or running way to lean in boost. you should be breaking in the engine with the wastegate open so it bleeds off all boost, so you don;t see boost until the breakin is finished.

personaly i would have left the DSMs out and use a stock map, and stock injectors for the breakin to make sure you weren't running to rich or lean.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

well basically im still using the basemap that was setup for me already from projekteg from hmt.com he did the setup for me inputting the info i provided him awhile back, so yes the setup is for a boost basemap, and o2 sensor was just a doh-doh mistake i forgot to do when the downpipe was made so i found my part of the bogging issues thanks for replying all!

-dara