Notices

HELP ME (stay boosting!)!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2001, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ME (stay boosting!)!!!!!

As of today, I am still part of the darkside. I have the turbo sold, but it is still on my car. It's supposed to come off tommorrow, thing is, I'm having second thoughts. I can live off of water and bread till i pay my bills down, right?

I have until tommorrow to figure this out, so i need your guy's help in convincing me to stay a "turbomafia soldier."
I understand that its my decision in the end...but i could use a little encouragement.

Tom
Old 09-27-2001, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HELP ME (stay boosting!)!!!!! (Tomakit)

Well by all means if you could keep it, I'm sure you would have figured it out by now. Think of this though, in the future you could always go turbo again right? You've got a lifetime ahead of you so take it slow and easy, the darkside isn't going anywhere
Old 09-27-2001, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

one word "noddles"
Old 09-27-2001, 02:23 PM
New User

You can feed yourself for a buck a week. It's all about white rice and top ramen! How do you think the majority of us made it through college?
Old 09-27-2001, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP ME (mercury)

You can live cheap if you want to. I say stick with it! The bills will sort themselves out... they always do!
Old 09-27-2001, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP ME (dustin)

AHHH!!!

im pulling my hair out over here!
(not really, cause my head is shaved, but you get the idea!!!)

Tom
Old 09-27-2001, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP ME (Tomakit)

I once eat a ramen noodles for 3 straight months in a row in college, since I want it set of Sparco Viper Fang 16" really bad....

as a results, in three months, my GPA went up, I lost weight, I exercise to kill time instead of going out and I got my wheels.....

so, if there's a will, there's a way....just stay consistent, after you go through with this, nothing will ever be too hard to accomplish...

unless of course your emergency involves health or other critical issues...

good luck and keep your head up...

Old 09-27-2001, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP ME (flamenco)

need more help...
decisions!

Tom
(also woulda had another 13.xx run last night, but my exhaust leak kept me from seeing my usual 101+ traps. i had a perfect 2.206 60' (all season streets), but the pre-turbo exhaust leak kept me from seeing my 101 traps, and my 6psi. imagine!)
Old 09-27-2001, 03:27 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

JUST KEEP IT!
Old 09-27-2001, 03:27 PM

If you take the turbo off, i promise you you will hate your car because of how slow it is. And I agree with the Top Ramen idea, last year that's all I ate for spring term and surprisingly it saved me a ton of money for my turbo.
Old 09-27-2001, 03:35 PM
New User

Everybody is in debt... who cares if it is 1,000 or 100,000 dollars. It is still ******* debt.

Anybody who is debt free is actually stupid for not being in debt. I know that sounds completely ridiculous but it is so true, ask any economist.

Anyways, back to the topic. KEEP YOUR TURBO Turbo's fulfill those little tiny crevices in your soul that women do not... haha

[Modified by dragonsmp, 4:39 PM 9/27/2001]
Old 09-27-2001, 03:53 PM
Trial User

Default Re: HELP ME (dragonsmp)

I'm almost in the same situation.. and I say stick with the turbo.. kick back in the afternoons, spend more time on the computer, eat less/not out all the time, and stick with it..

My plans are... stop modding.. play more computer games and eating out less. Relax and enjoy life... after all you will always be in debt, it's just a matter of controlling how MUCH your in debt.

think of how much money you will get out of it compared to how much you spent and how much you will regret it.

I drove my girlfriends civic one day.. I had it to the floor and it went nowhere! I was sure there was a problem with the car.... turned out when I got back in the turbo teg... things were MUCH better and my faith in the turbo was restored!!!

Keep it.. you'll regret it.. then not only still be in debt, but slower!!!
Old 09-27-2001, 04:08 PM
New User

wish i had some encouraging words for you.. but the $3k i made selling my turbo stuff at the beginning of the summer really went a long way. Worst that can happen is when you get back on your feet you get a used kit for some other schmuck thats down on his luck.
Old 09-27-2001, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My vote: get finances together first.

The opportunity to play with your car will always be there. It's much more fun playing with your car when you don't have the load you have now on your shoulders. I know it may not be the answer you wanted to hear or the answer you'd expect from me but I believe in being happy and stress-free first.
Old 09-27-2001, 04:44 PM
New User

i'm in the same situation...except i don't have a turbo in my car...sold all my furniture, sold my bed...sleeping on a futon..i don't even have a alarm clock or a lamp...but i stuck through it...i know that if you want something buy it...don't hesitate...cuz next thing you know...other things will come up and you'll get jacked...i've invested over $5000 into my car...and i'm glad i spent every dollar...no regrets...the car is my pride, my integrity, my dream....
keep the turbo
Old 09-27-2001, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP ME (Leimokei)

well, tommorrow im going over to 00silverls's house to play with my car. when im there its either take the turbo off, or fix the exhaust leak and go terrorize rice all over rutgers.

i just ebay'ed my ps2, and found out that my school loans have been paid off by a "silent benefactor." its the school loans that were looming over my head, as i graduate in less than a year, and interest woulda started to kick in.

looks as though my finances are starting to fall into place. for now, the selling of the turbo has been delayed...
thanks for the kind, and sometimes sensible words.

Tom
Old 09-27-2001, 05:27 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just figure out your priorities, if having a fast car is REALLY important to u, u will find another way to fix your finances.. If selling your kit is an easy way out and u really dont care about your car either way then sell the kit, and the car scene will come back to u later in life..
Old 09-27-2001, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP ME (DIRep972)

keep it
Old 09-27-2001, 06:18 PM
Trial User

sell it
Old 09-27-2001, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP ME (DragIIcivic)

i second the ramen idea...
Old 09-27-2001, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP ME (redteg1)

i remember a lot of jake's posts when his motor blew about how cheap mac and cheese was...hmmm.

maybe i should take a before and after photo of what i look like after going on the "turbo diet"

Tom
Old 09-27-2001, 08:04 PM
New User

i almost sold my turbo too! u aint the only one who is in debt. one day youll pay it all off... just be patient. selling turbo aint gonna take care of all your financial problems. it will help... but whut are you gonna do about turbo fever!!!!

keep it... and pay off your bills slowly. im doin the same thing...
Old 09-28-2001, 01:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP ME (dlplayboy)

I'm also in debt badly. I still got 6 more fukin year to pay off my damn gsr and now I'm considerin to go turbo hehe. I guess my turbo will have to wait until Feb Fukkkkkk I was really lookin forward to be boostin like right now too. But finances stuff held me back. So just think of it like this your not the only one in debt and sacrificin for cheap food for your turbo is probably not really goin to make you happy think of how long you will always eat ramen noodle or whatever over and over. I'm sure you will get sick of it and can't take it anymore. But whatever is your decision good luck. Besides, its still never too late to be boostin later. Its just you can't have everything at once At least you guyz here have been boosted before and feel the adrenaline rush of turbo and the sweet BOV all I can do is just keep dreaming Hopefully things will turn out right for you and others as well. I wish you and others the best of luck!!
Old 09-28-2001, 07:30 AM
BoM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP ME (IgniteTeg)

KEEP it man!!! thats the one thing that will keep ur morale up in your whole situation...JUST be CHEAP in everyway, sell all the junk u have, parts not needed, don't go out alot, and try to nicely bum off friends alittle soo u get back on your feet, or taxi cab drive for a high price!
Old 09-28-2001, 09:13 AM
Trial User

Default Re: HELP ME

Sell It and get your finances in order.

Quick Reply: HELP ME (stay boosting!)!!!!!