Notices

Help Liam! VAFC Hack with Jackson Racing Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Liam! VAFC Hack with Jackson Racing Supercharger?

I was thinking about running the VAFC hack with my JRSC'ed D16Z6. I've read tons and tons about the set up so far, and I think I have a pretty good understanding of it. The only thing is that, everything I've read about it states that it's for use with turbos.

Here's my concern. On all the write ups and set ups with the hack and turbo set ups, there is positive pressure in the intake pipe and all the way up to the throttle body and into the intake manifold when turbos make positive pressure. The only thing is with the JRSC, there is no positive pressure at the throttle body as the roots supercharger sucks in from after the TB and then pressurizes into the manifold. Will the AFC hack still work? Will I have to run a vacuum line from the manifold to the MAP sensor instead of running a vacuum line from the TB in order for the MAP sensor to see the boost?

Help Liam!
Old 04-16-2003, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help Liam! VAFC Hack with Jackson Racing Supercharger? (Westsideboy)

yes you are correct. you'll have to fabricate a small plate to block off where the map is originally located, and then plug the map into the actual manifold so that it sees boost.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help Liam! VAFC Hack with Jackson Racing Supercharger? (keebler65)

Okay, sounds simple enough. I'll just pull the vacuum line that normally goes from the manifold to the FMU and re-route that to the MAP sensor when I give the boost dependant FMU the yank. And I'll plug up the provision for the MAP sensor at the TB to prevent leaks.

Do you know of any other problems I might run into?