Notices

Help with fuel management PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with fuel management PLEASE!

Ok well currently i'm running SAFC-II and 550cc injectors, I was told this is called "AFC" hack, setup is for a DSM turbo, full race manifold, 3" piping & downpipe and fmic on a B18b in an EG hatch. My last motor was ruined because it wasn't tuned right (when I bought the car) and I just ordered a brand new B18b from Hmotorsonline.com I don't want this engine to be ruined as well, is this sufficent fuel management? I want to continue to run turbo but local shops that do dyno tuning told me I should get stand alone ($$$$ ) or greddy's e-manage wich they say is $350 just for the e-manage unit it's self. Any help is appreciated I've been with hondas/swaps for awhile but this is my first FI car.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:29 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Help with fuel management PLEASE! (aberfoyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aberfoyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok well currently i'm running SAFC-II and 550cc injectors, I was told this is called "AFC" hack, setup is for a DSM turbo, full race manifold, 3" piping & downpipe and fmic on a B18b in an EG hatch. My last motor was ruined because it wasn't tuned right (when I bought the car) and I just ordered a brand new B18b from Hmotorsonline.com I don't want this engine to be ruined as well, is this sufficent fuel management? I want to continue to run turbo but local shops that do dyno tuning told me I should get stand alone ($$$$ ) or greddy's e-manage wich they say is $350 just for the e-manage unit it's self. Any help is appreciated I've been with hondas/swaps for awhile but this is my first FI car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This doesn't look good for you, my friend. That AFC for what you're looking for is not going to cut it. You don't have to go standalone, but that hack is not going to give you the flexibility you need.

If you're complaining about $350 or so for decent fuel management, perhaps you should reconsider turboing the car. It's a rather costly venture. What specification is the turbo? This may be the reason you had to get a second motor

Cheap, Fast, Reliable... Pick 2..
Old 12-02-2004, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help with fuel management PLEASE! (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheShodan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This doesn't look good for you, my friend. That AFC for what you're looking for is not going to cut it. You don't have to go standalone, but that hack is not going to give you the flexibility you need.

If you're complaining about $350 or so for decent fuel management, perhaps you should reconsider turboing the car. It's a rather costly venture. What specification is the turbo? This may be the reason you had to get a second motor

Cheap, Fast, Reliable... Pick 2..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have about 1k to spend and I'm just worried I can't get it tuned, emanage system, and installation for the emanage with this 1k. I already have all the turbo parts minus boost controler.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help with fuel management PLEASE! (aberfoyle)

there are alot of standalone options out there for way cheap..

look at uberdata or something like that. it's basicly free and will be way better then the hack

the hack is supposed to be used with 450's by the way..

platinum.