Notices

Help with build.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with build.

New member here so of this is the wrong section please move.
Ok so I'm new to the Honda game and am starting a build. It's a 1995 Integra with a b18b1. I have alot of questions so bare with me. This car will be a track car that will see a little weekend street use. It will be trailered to the track and shows. There is really no budget for this as it has no deadline and take a while to get done. The only goals I have are as follows, high numbers 600+ hp, relabilty, a little street use, and to run in the 10's or faster in a 1/4 mile. I'm new to Honda's but not new to building. I've assembles two 302's and countless bikes. I also have Honda nut friends for help including a golden eagle b16 built coupe.
Parts I have are, complete ls swap, b16 bare block, b16 bare head, p75 ecu, p28 ecu, and an eBay 50 trim turbo kit.
Queations, to make this easier I will break it down by parts I've been looking at and questions after.
Engine: Laskey assembled with Benson sleeves, Manely turbo tuff rods, cp pistons, micro polished crank, all arp bolts studs etc. Now should I do a full b16, full ls, or ls vtec? What bore/piston size? What am I missing? Will this setup hold? Would a dart block be better? And is golden eagle better?
Head: Laskey assembled head with mirror polish, titanium valves, 3 angle race valve job, etc. What am I missing? b16 or ls? Does golden eagle offer head work?
Cam: web racing turbo cam. Are Kelfords better? What lift, duration etc do I need? Cam gears?
Manifold: Blueridge Motorsports forward facing twin scroll. Would a top mount be better? Is it worth wrapping? Is there a better choice?
Turbo: GT4294r. Will this make my goal? How do I select the right ar sizing? What's the difference between a t3 and a t4? What size exhaust is needed? (note that exhaust is coming out of hood or bumper). Whatsba better turbo?
IC: Was looking at water to air's. What all is needed for these? Cab I keep the stock bumper, lights, etc? Where to locate? Are air to airs better?
Wastegate: dual Tial 44mm's. Anthing better? Dumb tubes?
Bob: tial 50mm. Anything better?
Piping: what size?
Cooling:?
Ignition:? What is the best? Cops worth it!
Fuel: dual walboro 255, rc 1600's Is this over kill? What fuel rail? What tb? What intake?
Suspenion: ?
Ecu: s300. Anthing better?
Tranny: b16. What internals will I need? Better choice?
Tuning: Cft or blue ridge motorsports? Any better place?
I'm sure I'm forgetting alot of stuff. What else will I need? Thanks for reading this post and in advance for the responses.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help with build.

Also sorry for any miss spelled words, just got home from a 12 hour shift and my iPods screen is highly sensitive when I'm sleepy lol.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Should go full gsr with je pistons with custom wrist pins with 84mm and 9:1
Old 11-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think Efi 1000cc are d best and aem ecu is bad azz