Notices

Help with b18c1 turbo choice!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with b18c1 turbo choice!

I have a B18C1 in my CRX, which is at the moment being turbo built, and will be completed in about a week. Now i need a turbo. Id like to run 20psi or more if i could. My mechanic isnt too familiar with turbos, so i took the initiative being the owner to be the idiot and ask "what do i buy?". I need a full turbo kit, price isnt really an option, i've saved up enough money. Although id like to stay under 5g if possible. I was looking at the revhard kits, but i'm still not well informed on turbo's. Itll be going into a CRX with a full titanium chassis (custom made) aswell as a titanium reinforced, and fully carbon-fiber body. I'm a body technician, so that much i know. I work on CRX's full time as a body tech, and my friend works full time on the mechanics, so i know a bit about bodywork, but not much about turbos. If anyone has any info thatd be great!

Justin
Old 03-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well if your looking to buy a turbo kit i say get fullrace or peakboost kit.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:48 PM

Default Re: (IGotVTECyo)

Check out the gt-series turbos. The gt30r will get you 550whp and a gt35r will get you 650whp. I'd go with the gt30r myself, plenty of power to get 10's. So unless you want faster and more power I'd go with that.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:53 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: (beerbongskickass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Check out the gt-series turbos. The gt30r will get you 550whp and a gt35r will get you 650whp. I'd go with the gt30r myself, plenty of power to get 10's. So unless you want faster and more power I'd go with that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There are also custom configured applications that can be used that don't break the bank and can be used VERY effectively. PM me. Perhaps I can really be of assistance.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:42 PM

Default Re: (TheShodan)

cant really figure out how to PM here, maybe i'm just dumb? but hit me up on aim at rtnlsltn or e-mail at wasobi33@new.rr.com. your assistance would be highly appreciated!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:47 PM
476 whp / 323 tq @ 17 PSI

Default Re: (rtnlsltn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rtnlsltn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cant really figure out how to PM here, maybe i'm just dumb? but hit me up on aim at rtnlsltn or e-mail at wasobi33@new.rr.com. your assistance would be highly appreciated!</TD></TR></TABLE>

CLICK on the "IM" logo under the s/n to the left of the post where you see our s/n, location, # of posts, and avatar to PM them.

well i would go for the GT35R
Old 03-20-2006, 09:49 PM

Default Re: (JDM turbo DC)

Error
You do not have permission to use instant messaging.

Although, i dont see the b18c hitting anything over 450 unless im using an full shot of nitrous all the time... but then wont my turbo spool only be worthwhile while im spraying?
Old 03-20-2006, 09:59 PM
476 whp / 323 tq @ 17 PSI

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rtnlsltn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Error
You do not have permission to use instant messaging.

Although, i dont see the b18c hitting anything over 450 unless im using an full shot of nitrous all the time... but then wont my turbo spool only be worthwhile while im spraying?</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh yea, you are considered a trial member so you will have to post a couple times til u can have that feature. you are going to squeeze with turbo?? i wouldnt recommend that, you can squeeze to spool up the turbo but there are too many things you would be risking. for up to 450, you will be good enough with a GT30R but if you are lookin for more power might as well pick up a GT35R. you will definately need to decide what will be your maximum desired power range.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:21 PM

Default Re: (IGotVTECyo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IGotVTECyo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well if your looking to buy a turbo kit i say get fullrace or peakboost kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

full race kits = over price!! its soooo expensive and its not evan a tru bolt on kit its like still 3/4 of what you need and already really expensive
Old 03-20-2006, 10:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM turbo DC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

oh yea, you are considered a trial member so you will have to post a couple times til u can have that feature. you are going to squeeze with turbo?? i wouldnt recommend that, you can squeeze to spool up the turbo but there are too many things you would be risking. for up to 450, you will be good enough with a GT30R but if you are lookin for more power might as well pick up a GT35R. you will definately need to decide what will be your maximum desired power range.</TD></TR></TABLE>

got them GT series turbos here
Old 03-20-2006, 10:22 PM

Id prefer NOT to spray in order to spool all the time. But spraying with the 500hp+ turbo while only running 450hp with a 200hp shot of nos...wont that kill the turbo? Really im not sure the power ill be getting out of the whole setup, but its getting the best parts, so im hoping for atleast 400. What do you guys think? I know defanitly with a bigger turbo it wont spool as well being it is larger, meaning less overall performance.

That's just for the turbo though in your sig, how much for the rest of the stuff? Like i siad i don't know too much, i know the basic parts (intercooler, wastegate, bov, turbo) but after that im in the dark.

Modified by rtnlsltn at 9:54 PM 3/21/2006
Old 03-20-2006, 10:39 PM

You will have full boost by 5000rpms with the gt30r and it will go to redline, very sweet powerband.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:23 PM

other then the turbo your gonna need alot more stuff like...
Injectors, Fuel pressure regulator, Fuel pump, Intercooler, piping and downpipe, BOV, wastegate, oil lines, water lines (for watercooled turbos), Manifold, optionals such as boost controller, turbo timer. and whatever engine managament u want to use with a good tune
Old 03-21-2006, 08:56 AM

Default Re: (zeroz)

yeah i think im goin EMS, not sure which one yet, maybe AEM since it seems to be the most popular.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeroz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

full race kits = over price!! its soooo expensive and its not evan a tru bolt on kit its like still 3/4 of what you need and already really expensive</TD></TR></TABLE>
full race kits are not over priced. for the money you get just about every mechanical part to a turbo kit and everything is built with the highest quality. if you wanna save money go to ebay and buy some bull **** parts from like ssautochrome and save your dough. if you want a reliable turbo car full-race turbo kits are the way to go. grabted after the kit you need fuel system upgrades along with engine managment upgrades but no turbo kits gives you good quality parts for those. yea greddy does a decent job but with greddy and turbonetics and revHard, companies liek that, they sell off cheap parts to keep customer costs down plus with a ful-race kit you'll put down twice the power those other turbo kits would give you. if you want a reliable and fast turbo car buy a full-race kit and piece together your fuel system and engine managment needs. granted its not the cheapest way but doen the line when **** starts to break because you have lets say an EBAY special SSAUTOCHROME turbo manifold you're gonna wish you spent the little extra cash for qualty parts. thats just my opinion and i dont mean to attack ne one but thats just how i feel
Old 03-21-2006, 09:11 AM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

you can piece together a turbo kit for cheaper i would think, but you have to know everything you need to get it done though, bye the way i have a NEW GT35R i will sell for $950
Old 03-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tannerLSt)

GT30R
Old 03-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sp00led)

60-1/t3 no nitrous needed!
Old 03-21-2006, 03:40 PM
95GSRTT

Default Re: (HondaHead211)

I like full race just as much as the next guy, but swing on their nuts much?? Its a huge difference bettwen SSAUTO and FULLRACE so just the suggestion of having to go with ssauto to save money is retarded.

You will make good power with fullrace, but you will also make power with your own custom kit, a peakboost, a drag, a revhard.

Just remember fullrace is just like any other good brand. While they make good products, you are still paying for the name.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Re: (95GSRTT)

TheShodan

hit me up on aim or in e-mail

Rtnlsltn

Wasobi33@new.rr.com

i cant PM yet :- |
Old 03-21-2006, 09:22 PM

Default Re: (HondaHead211)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaHead211 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
full race kits are not over priced. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ok i take it back they are not OVER priced they are just damn expensive lol
Old 03-22-2006, 09:21 AM

bump so the shodan can contact me!

Apparently all the other forums think i'm full of ****. Well thanks for the help again guys, looks like ill be trying to piece together my own custom kit to make the power i need. Hopefully TheShodan can help me out!

Modified by rtnlsltn at 12:38 PM 3/22/2006
Old 03-22-2006, 10:57 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

AIM sent
Old 03-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

titanium reinforced carbon fiber body on a titanium chassis.....
Old 03-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Aquafina)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Aquafina &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">titanium reinforced carbon fiber body on a titanium chassis..... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I kno, sounds wicked huh?

Quick Reply: Help with b18c1 turbo choice!