Notices

Having regrets.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having regrets.....

Im at the breaking point with my car. I currently dont have a job, but could probadly get one pretty easy. Heres the situation, im thinking about maybe selling my Hytech turbo kit with my pwr cooler, and buying a bike (cbr600rr).

I dont know what i should do? Should i just get a job and finish my setup? is 500whp worth it? worth the hassle worth the money?

If i sell the kit and get a bike, ill probadly just get some boltons for my car. i/h/e and maybe a jdm front, and be done.

My orginal goal was 500whp, and try to make it in a magazine.

Give me some opinions fellas...

-Jordo
http://www.clanh2k.com/jordo
Old 08-18-2003, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Having regrets..... (Jordo)

If there's one thing turbo'd taught me.. its if you're going to do it, BE COMMITED.

Do it 100%, or don't do it at all, turbo's don't like half-assers!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Having regrets..... (VTC_CiViC)

man ive been committed for over 2 years .. I think im just gonna be a trooper and finish it.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

man o man , you think a CBR will be cheaper thna getting your car done ? i got news for ya, from what i remember you aint no older than me , and trust me insurance on a bike, will be thru the roof becuase of that . thats the reason i sold my bike and havent gotten a new one yet . i sold mine to finish my car.
and when did honda start making a 600RR? the RR's from what i remember were all 900 range, the F4i was the 600? no? i dunno its been a while since ive been into bikes.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Having regrets..... (itr206)

I've thought about quiting my build up as well and have the same concerns.... is it worth the hassle time and money theft..etc but I don't like to quit so I will finish what i started just keep your head high and you'll do it
Old 08-18-2003, 11:30 AM

Cars, bikes, turbo kits, are bad investments, they dont hold any value, but we do it because its our hobby, its what we enjoy. Like the people that collect old comics baseball cards, ect... They pay out the *** and spend $ on what others fell is stupid, but is priceless for you. If you enjoy it and love it then it will be worth it in the end

I feel like that sometimes especially after my first car was stolen. I got stuck with no car, no turbo, just credit card bills and hate toward the scene. I made a comeback and i bet after this weekend when im boosted ill have no regrets
Old 08-18-2003, 11:30 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man ive been committed for over 2 years .. I think im just gonna be a trooper and finish it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Amen

Once you have your setup finished, you'll be glad that you fully went through with it. If you want the perfect setup, you can't half-*** it.

Good Luck mang!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Having regrets..... (LiLOtaku)

Commitment is a big deal, I've been at it for about a year now and have been waiting on the builder for 7 mos. You gotta be patient bro!!!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Having regrets..... (Mikeyslude)

The first time i realized all the money i had spent was worth it was when i beat an ls1(my goal at the time) with his girl in the car. The win was great, but the girlfriend was the icing on the cake. After the race he was pissed and all she could do was smile and look at my car .
Old 08-18-2003, 11:50 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
and when did honda start making a 600RR? the RR's from what i remember were all 900 range, the F4i was the 600? no? i dunno its been a while since ive been into bikes. </TD></TR></TABLE>

they definately make a 600rr, I was gonna buy one about 2 months ago. They have the 600rr and the f4i now.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man o man , you think a CBR will be cheaper thna getting your car done ? i got news for ya, from what i remember you aint no older than me , and trust me insurance on a bike, will be thru the roof becuase of that . thats the reason i sold my bike and havent gotten a new one yet . i sold mine to finish my car.
and when did honda start making a 600RR? the RR's from what i remember were all 900 range, the F4i was the 600? no? i dunno its been a while since ive been into bikes. </TD></TR></TABLE>

im 18, im gonna have to check up on insurence.

i just recieved a call, i have another interview with compusa.. for a job.

im probadly just gonna finish my setup. and buy a bike in may
Old 08-18-2003, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude, youll easy pay 3k a year on insurance onthat thing, i checked for a new gsxxr 750 and minbe was like $4500 a ayear and im 23
Old 08-18-2003, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I never thought I would see a post like this from you. Finish the project! If you don't finish it just sell some of your parts and do a mild setup.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im probadly just gonna finish my setup. and buy a bike in may </TD></TR></TABLE>Nooo!! Get the bike and sell me your Hytech for cheap!!! :D
Old 08-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Having regrets..... (CheezeFrog)

cheap and hytech shouldnt be in the same sentence.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cheap and hytech shouldnt be in the same sentence.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you could put things on hold.. - until you get more money - the kit may loose value as you let it sit.. but if know you won't sell it.. then it won't matter..
Old 08-18-2003, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Having regrets..... (vtec.dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec.dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you could put things on hold.. - until you get more money - the kit may loose value as you let it sit.. but if know you won't sell it.. then it won't matter..</TD></TR></TABLE>

what do you mean put things on hold?
Old 08-18-2003, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

meaning wait till you get more money.. space things out and you might afford more stuff.. if thats what you're talking about.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec.dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">meaning wait till you get more money.. space things out and you might afford more stuff.. if thats what you're talking about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh yeah, thats what ive been doing, just me not working for 2 months, has brought this up..

I dunno though, all depends on when i start work, might just wait it out.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

honestly, I would keep on the car..not to jinx you or anything but I have lost 2 good friends on motorcycles...there coo and all but just not worth imo
Old 08-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im probadly just gonna finish my setup. and buy a bike in may </TD></TR></TABLE>

And you'll feel stupid for doing so, just like Speed PHreak. He bought a slow crotch rocket, too... his CRX has eaten an R1 from a roll.

Still, a bike is like a convertable - there's nothing quite like it - and bitches love them.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:10 PM

I have never seen your setup before, what do you drive...

I drive a cx hatchback, and I got sick of being teased about how slow it is, then I sawpped it. and IT STILL WASN'T FAST ENOUGH, and then I turboed it, and... ITS STILL NOT FAST ENOUGH... thats my inspiration I always want to go faster.it gives me commitment.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm in the same situation. i don't know if it's worth it anymore. for me, it's a hobby that became a Passion.

i have 1,800 miles on my semi-built motor. my drivers side motor mount just broke off the block and cracked it. i've been driving around for a week and now my tranny casing cracked yesterday. since the rebuild this is the second time that i'm taking the motor out.
since i bought the Turbo Kit i've had about 4 motors in my car which lead me to build my current motor.

i've been looking for a sohc swap until i can fix everything. i've thought about selling everything and giving it up for a couple of years.

BUT ! i got in contact with someone that owes me a favor and he is changing my tranny casing and i'm stripping my motor down so the machine shop can fix the block. DON'T GIVE UP SO SOON BUDDY, IT'LL BE WORTH IT IN THE END !
Old 08-18-2003, 10:16 PM
New User

Default Re: (Killer_B)

If you want 500whp, you'd better be super committed is all I have to say. I mean, it's alot of work to make a 500whp Honda reliable.

What it sounds like is you want something faster with less work than turboing your R. If you want a faster car with less work, sell the R and get something that is faster stock. Probably won't be faster than a 500whp R, but I dunno if anybody really needs that much power for the street!

Old 08-18-2003, 10:17 PM

WoW sounds like what i went thru. If i could do it all over again i would do the turbo first cause i had a turbo kit but put it on hold got a bike. Sold the car had the kit sitting for 3 YEARS i just bought a new car 2 weeks ago dropped in a gsr engine and am throwing the turbo on. I love bikes but INSURANCE will screw you very bad and thats with a clean record and your getting a brand new bike it will be insane. And any one who says bikes will get you chicks is wrong thay dont most woman are afraid of being on the back of them unless its a harley.

FINISH what you started you will love the boost. Get a bike later on. And how is it you have money to buy a bike but not finish what you started?

Quick Reply: Having regrets.....