Notices

guide me through DSM injector install please..

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 12:46 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guide me through DSM injector install please..

i've search found some answers, but i hope this would help more, and help future people if they run into problems. Below is what i got, when i bought the injectors. I believe i'm missing some seals, and injector clips. I have an idea about the seals, homemade turbo injector install tells me to use napa seals, can i use my stock seals? where can i find injector clips and what kind of injector clips can i use? This is for a b18b. As for the rest of the install i will be using a resistor box. Is there anything else i'm missing? Also 2 of the black caps on the top is cracked
Old 12-18-2003, 05:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: guide me through DSM injector install please.. (integrx)

First, have these been cleaned? if not and you have the time/cash to do it, send them out to be cleaned. usually the pintle caps(things you say are cracked) get replaced in this process. If not, take the cracked ones off and install anyway.

You can use your stock seals...but new ones from Napa would be better...you have to bore out the seals to fit snuggly (not tight but not loose) around the injector.

The clips from my 91 integra were the same clips so I didnt have to change them...im sure you can find many people selling clips in the Classifieds section if you need them.

I believe with the b18b you need to install a resistor box or install inline resistors too.

I had to use the tops of my old injectors in my DSM injectors so that the tops fit into my stock fuel rail too...

That should get you started...search around too. I know Ive have seen install instructions with pics somewhere.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:00 AM

Default Re: guide me through DSM injector install please.. (xenocron)

You can just use the stock seals for the injectors but like he said its not the best available option. I did it that way though. The injectors are tough to get in and it looks like they hang out a little but they will be fine.

Are you talking about the clips that go on your harness and clip onto the injector? I'm not sure if all OBD I clips are the same but the ones on my 93 si just needed to be shaved a little on the inside and they fit great.

It's also a very good idea to send the injectors out to get cleaned and balanced. When I sent mine out and the results came back in, 2 of mine failed prior to the cleaning.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:52 PM
New User

thanks for the answers. As for cleaning, i need to get seals fit them and send it in. And the clips i'm talking about is what plugs into the blue part in the picture? Do i need to get obd1 clips or can i use mine, obd2.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:37 AM

My clips were OBD0 clips and they are a perfect match like i said.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have dsm clips for those injectors if you want em. 10$ shipped