Notices

Greddy Vs. Drag

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Vs. Drag

Now i know this has been asked prolly a million times, but i want to either get a greddy kit or a drag kit for my 98 integra ls. I plan to be running 9psi. Now i know hte 18g spools up quicker than the drag turbo...but does this earlier spool up time equate to the same performance as the drag turbo kit at 9 psi...not hp wise, but 1/4 mile time???
Old 08-12-2002, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Vs. Drag (integranator)

No.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:17 PM
New User

Default Re: Greddy Vs. Drag (mplex2000)

DRAG. enuff said.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Vs. Drag (dlplayboy)

Fair enough. What about fitment problems??
Old 08-13-2002, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

All things being equal the DRAG car will be faster in the 1/4. DRAG turbo kit flow more and spool slower, but they produce more power.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:44 AM

i have a LS with a drag kit, and the bigger turbo makes up on the high end major, with a stock kit and injectors i got my car to 150 mph. definetly go with the drag kit.
Old 08-13-2002, 04:34 PM

the greddy kit should bolt right up with out many problems, the drag does havesome fitment issues, but believe me it is worth the extra power!!
Old 08-13-2002, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Vs. Drag (tygsr)

The TORNADO!!!
Old 08-13-2002, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Vs. Drag (tygsr)

the greddy kit should bolt right up with out many problems, the drag does havesome fitment issues, but believe me it is worth the extra power!!

I had no fitment problems at all, except for the tight fit with the intercooler, you just have to make sure you mount the intercooler as far back as possible. other than that, it fit perfectly.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Vs. Drag (CDooMe2)

how do you feel about the drag on an ls??
Old 08-16-2002, 01:44 AM
New User

i got one. im sure the other guys who are givin you their opinions have one or at least know someone who has one. go for it dude. greddy shouldnt even be an option unless u wanna have turbo just to have it... cuz youre not gonna be satisfied with it.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:13 AM
New User

im happy with my drag kit. no fitment issues at all. If i could do it again, i prolly would get a custom kit..just cause it would be cheaper..
Old 08-16-2002, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd say go with greddy(if your a newbi to turbo) because think about it who is gonna fit your car if you have a minor problem....unless you have a really good friend who's good with cars. Also because it's a easyer installation, better for daily driving, spools faster, cheaper than the dragIII kit, provideds enough power to get you well into the 13s. Just my thoughts.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Greddy Vs. Drag (Charlie)

greddy is legal too
Old 08-16-2002, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got one. im sure the other guys who are givin you their opinions have one or at least know someone who has one. go for it dude. greddy shouldnt even be an option unless u wanna have turbo just to have it... cuz youre not gonna be satisfied with it.

I have drag on my LS. I wouldnt waste my money on greddy. As far as fitment...if you are any way mechanically inclined, you can do it, it just takes a little time. Turbo lag isnt bad at all, i reach full boost at around 3800 i believe, and thats on a restrictive 2.25 inch greddy sp. And I believe in order for greddy to be street legal, an authorized dealer has to install it. All in all, greddy makes great products. But if you are looking at power, dont go with greddy, you will make so much more power with the drag. I had no fitment problems, say if you do, what is an extra day of work? One day of scratching your head figuring out how to finish the install = hella more power than greddy.

Just my .02
Old 08-16-2002, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Vs. Drag (Charlie)

I'd say go with greddy(if your a newbi to turbo) because think about it who is gonna fit your car if you have a minor problem....unless you have a really good friend who's good with cars. Also because it's a easyer installation, better for daily driving, spools faster, cheaper than the dragIII kit, provideds enough power to get you well into the 13s. Just my thoughts.

Uh, you mean the basic greddy kit is cheaper than the drag? well unless it has changed, but greddy's basic kit comes with no intercooler and no blow off valve, how lame. i wouldnt drive a turbo'd car without a blow off valve, nor an intercooler.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:40 PM

I got a Greddy and I am happy with it. Spools plenty quick, and probably makes the car more "streetable". If getting down the 1/4 is the most important thing to you, get the drag, but if you only visit the track a few times a year, you should consider the Greddy kit.
Old 08-19-2002, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Vs. Drag (hatchy)

I got a Greddy and I am happy with it. Spools plenty quick, and probably makes the car more "streetable". If getting down the 1/4 is the most important thing to you, get the drag, but if you only visit the track a few times a year, you should consider the Greddy kit.[/QUOTE]

exactly.... but the drag kit is where the power is
Old 08-19-2002, 04:19 PM

So all things being equal am I safe to assume this?

Take 3 1999 stock ls's 5spds and do these to each one

Car 1: Greddy kit set to 9psi
Car 2. Drag 3 kit set to 9psi
Car 3: Rev hard stage 2 kit set to 9psi

Wouldn't Car 3 be the fastest quarter mile since its t3/t4 is a bigger turbine housing and AR in MOST cases (not all cause you can upgrade drags turbo yada yada)

My point is a greddy kit say at 13psi would net you some good times and power cause I've seen people post the hp and numbers and all things being equal at each kits various psi, drag 3 and rev hard say at 8psi and greddy at 13 psi could make ballpark the same numbers and 1/4 times.... My question is, is everyones beef with the greddy because the power falls off blatantly up top? Is that everyones problem?
Old 08-19-2002, 06:21 PM
New User

Default Re: Greddy Vs. Drag (shadowdawn)

Pretty much. Running higher psi, say 13 on the greddy kit compared to 9 on a drag, will still have you run out up top, you just have more unusable power with the greddy.

My point is a greddy kit say at 13psi would net you some good times and power cause I've seen people post the hp and numbers and all things being equal at each kits various psi, drag 3 and rev hard say at 8psi and greddy at 13 psi could make ballpark the same numbers and 1/4 times.... My question is, is everyones beef with the greddy because the power falls off blatantly up top? Is that everyones problem?

[Modified by Devin, 7:22 PM 8/19/2002]
Old 08-19-2002, 06:28 PM
New User

I got a Greddy and I am happy with it. Spools plenty quick, and probably makes the car more "streetable". If getting down the 1/4 is the most important thing to you, get the drag, but if you only visit the track a few times a year, you should consider the Greddy kit.
actually... i raced a LS with a Greddy kit 3 times. all 3 times, he got me off the line... but once i hit 3rd gear.. then 4th gear... i was almost a car ahead of him. if youre racing from stoplight to stoplight in the city.. then Greddy kicks ***. if youre racing longer than that... DRAG is gonna get ya!
Old 08-19-2002, 06:30 PM
New User

Default Re: Greddy Vs. Drag (deviant1)

greddy is legal too
yeah, if you like driving your car with a turbo that doesnt have a blow off valve or an intercooler. LOL
Old 08-20-2002, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

actually... i raced a LS with a Greddy kit 3 times. all 3 times, he got me off the line... but once i hit 3rd gear.. then 4th gear... i was almost a car ahead of him. if youre racing from stoplight to stoplight in the city.. then Greddy kicks ***. if youre racing longer than that... DRAG is gonna get ya!
Was the ls just a stock greddy kit? (i.e. no BOV, IC, stock boost) And how much are you boosting? Curious.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:08 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

greddy is legal too

yeah, if you like driving your car with a turbo that doesnt have a blow off valve or an intercooler. LOL
to top that off greddy has to install it to be legal
Old 08-20-2002, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Greddy Vs. Drag (CDooMe2)

didnt you have issues with the radiator fan?? MIne wouldnt fit with the turbo..I have heard of guys having to file their block down to fit everything right..

greddy kits are well engineered and are 50 state legal, and provide decent power, better for a daily driven street machine..though a drag kit can be reliable with the right fuel managment..that is my only gripe with the drag kit, sucky fuel managment..that fmu is a joke and the inline fuel pump as well..

but, I have never seen a greddy kit put down 400whp like a drag kit can!!

As far as the greddy being cheaper, I got my drag kit for 2600 brand new!! SInce I am a greddy dealer, I know that kit will cost you alot more than that with intercooler and BOV...

just my $.02

Quick Reply: Greddy Vs. Drag