Notices

Greddy kits come with E-manage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy kits come with E-manage?

Is this true that the new kits are coming with the E-manage instead of the blue box? Whats the advantage or disadvantage to this? Is the E-manage tunable?
Old 01-20-2004, 03:27 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: Greddy kits come with E-manage? (breakneckvtec)

nope it comes with the blue box, not e manage.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Greddy kits come with E-manage? (HybridcivicLS-T)

http://www.greddy.com/products...=1303
Old 01-20-2004, 03:58 PM

Who cares that kit is the worst kit to buy. The manifold sucks and the turbo it comes with is small. It don't make no power either and its an internal wastegate garbage. Only good thing about it, its a nice looking kit but still comes with no turbo timers and things of that sort. So who cares if it comes with E-Manage the kit is a waste. I would just save my money or get a better kit.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:11 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

In direct answer to your question.. Yes, the new Greddy Turbo kits now come w/ E-manage as its management. The advantage is that when the CARB legal sticker is removed, the E-manage can be attached to a laptop or the profec E-01 boost controller to act as an interface to change 16x16 igniton timing and fuel timing maps. It is actually a fine piece of equipment that has a lot of potential FOR THOSE THAT KNOW HOW TO USE IT. The turbo itself is good to about 400hp, and is very quick to spool. It is a lot better than the standard blue box, because these maps can be changed, and there's no change in price.. It's actually not bad
Old 01-20-2004, 04:52 PM

Default Re: (TheShodan)

A shop should be able to fine tune it on a dyno for me?
Old 01-20-2004, 05:08 PM

Default Re: (breakneckvtec)

yeah. try to find a shop knows about the emanage. i'd get the profec e-01 too. its about 500 bucks it is a programmer and also a boost controller and it looks sweet. u would have to get all the small parts as well. just go to the greddy site and look at all the things they sell with the emanage. u need all of those to tune it well.

turbo tony- i have to disagree with u on the greddy turbo kit. the 18g for the prelude is a well sized turbo. it is capable of 350+ whp. the spool is almost non-existant. i have a buddy with the same prelude as me but has the drag 2 kit (t3/t3b). we have the same psi and when we race on the street i pull immediately about 1.5 cars and i keep that lead till we shut down. looks clean and installs perfect. so i would actually say this is the best kit to buy for a street set up, which most of us are. for drag racing i'd go with another kit. if i wanted 11's or lower i'd go with a bigger turbo.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:54 PM

Default Re: (18gLUDE)

i have to disagree with turbo tony also. I have the greddy kit in my gsr pumping only 7psi and i am in the 13.4's. Get your info straight before you start giving crappy info. Have you ever had a greddy kit? Probably not.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:35 PM

Default Re: (chicoteke)

Okay maybe you guys are right but all I know is I hear bad about it for people who are tying to make some good times at the track. For the street and everyday driving yes it prolly is the best and the install is easy.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboTony)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboTony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay maybe you guys are right but all I know is I hear bad about it for people who are tying to make some good times at the track. For the street and everyday driving yes it prolly is the best and the install is easy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It really depends what you consider good times.... and how much you enjoy waiting for your turbo to spool....
Old 02-04-2004, 06:05 PM

I feel as if i've been jipped.... i want an E-manage, dammit.

Wish they would offer a trade-in type deal
Old 02-05-2004, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Greddy kits come with E-manage? (VinceVTEC)

seriously i want the emanage for my kit
how much is it to buy and is it worth it
im runnin the bluebox now at 7 psi im afraid to go more without internals
Old 02-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy kits come with E-manage? (skierGT)

TurboTony::::lease dont hate if you dont have any first hand expierence with greddy products....Just check out my sig...Its there to make guys like u believe in the "little greddy turbos".......P.S.......................I luv u guys......
Old 02-05-2004, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Greddy kits come with E-manage? (99lspwr)

so overall do you guys think that the e-manage would be a good unit to keep with the greddy turbo kit? i am going to get a greddy turbo kit for my 00 si and i was thinking about scrapping the e-manage for a hondata. what would you guys do?
Old 02-05-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Greddy kits come with E-manage? (civicjdmgsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicjdmgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so overall do you guys think that the e-manage would be a good unit to keep with the greddy turbo kit? i am going to get a greddy turbo kit for my 00 si and i was thinking about scrapping the e-manage for a hondata. what would you guys do?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would not scrap the E-manage. I think its an underestimated piggy back. Just find someone who is familiar w/ tuning it... I am happy w/ my GReddy kit, but i wish i would have received the E-manage, bummer.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: Greddy kits come with E-manage? (TurboTony)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboTony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Who cares that kit is the worst kit to buy. The manifold sucks and the turbo it comes with is small. It don't make no power either and its an internal wastegate garbage. Only good thing about it, its a nice looking kit but still comes with no turbo timers and things of that sort. So who cares if it comes with E-Manage the kit is a waste. I would just save my money or get a better kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This coming from a guy who ran a 13.8 with a turbo LS at 10 psi.

So turbo kits need turbo timers and "things" to be good? The greddy turbo sucks because it's ONLY capable of over 300whp on a B-series? 300whp is "no power" to you? Please educate me on why the manifold sucks. Just because it's not a tubular Full-Race mani it sucks? Why is an internal wastegate so bad for under 300whp? Please give me proof.

Actually forget it. Go back to ClubSi, stunnA. You kinda suck at life.

Old 02-05-2004, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Greddy kits come with E-manage? (boostincoupe)

HAHAHA.. wow man... sheesh, some harsh replies

I will also have to agree that the kit is not bad at all... I ran it at 9psi and I ran a 13.5 @ 107 on my Civic Si in Puerto Rico... sold the kit to my friend.. who slapped 9:1 compression pistons on his car cranked the boost to 15psi and runs 12.6s @ 117 with drag radials on a B16 motor...

This turbo kit is capable... i just wish that they came with e-manage when they were originally available... Oh well.. I have another Civic Si now, maybe I should give it another try..
Old 02-05-2004, 12:50 PM

Default Re: (chicoteke)

greddy kit in my 95 GSR. perfect for the street. CARB makes it worth it.

yes there are faster setups but it did its job for me.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:55 PM

I don't really care for the greddy kit at all. I think if your going to get a built on kit with that same money you can get a drag kit. Which comes with more intecooler, turbo timer, better manifold, and the piping looks better.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This coming from a guy who ran a 13.8 with a turbo LS at 10 psi.

So turbo kits need turbo timers and "things" to be good? The greddy turbo sucks because it's ONLY capable of over 300whp on a B-series? 300whp is "no power" to you? Please educate me on why the manifold sucks. Just because it's not a tubular Full-Race mani it sucks? Why is an internal wastegate so bad for under 300whp? Please give me proof.

Actually forget it. Go back to ClubSi, stunnA. You kinda suck at life.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL....little harsh but that about sums it up....
Old 02-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy kits come with E-manage? (Cramerox)

You can not compare the quality of the drag kit with that of the greddy one...Yeah, the turbo is bigger and it has shiny pipes (that rust out), but thats all...The manifold is not all that durable either btw...I am not bashing the drag kit, it is great for the money...Its just funny how most people jump on the greddy sucks ban-wagon....I plan on going well into the 11s with the greddy kit.......Its ok turbo tony, I will show u what the tiny greddy turbo will do......Stay tuned..
Old 02-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboTony)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboTony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay maybe you guys are right but all I know is I hear bad about it for people who are tying to make some good times at the track. For the street and everyday driving yes it prolly is the best and the install is easy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

some people arent aiming for 11's
Old 02-05-2004, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Greddy kits come with E-manage? (TurboTony)

i know why u hate on greddy kits. if u look in his sig he has a cybernation kit. greddy and cybernation have been talkin **** to eachother a lot in clubrsx. thats cool though. i know i can run faster than 13.8 @6psi with my little 18g turbo.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: Greddy kits come with E-manage? (Cramerox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cramerox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL....little harsh but that about sums it up....</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL yeah can you tell I had just finished arguing with my GF?

I'm better now, so I"ll re-respond by saying: whatever floats your boat. You do your setup, I'll do mine. See you at the track.