Notices

greddy e manage

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy e manage

anybody using this setup, is it worth spend more $$ and get hondata??
Old 12-05-2003, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: greddy e manage (blacksi-t)

E-manage is great if your gonna stay stock boost with the kit. If you want to change your boost and make more power then go with hondata. E manage is not scaleable.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: greddy e manage (Lucky_Smurf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lucky_Smurf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">E-manage is great if your gonna stay stock boost with the kit. If you want to change your boost and make more power then go with hondata. E manage is not scaleable.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you saying you can't use emanage with boost controllers?
Old 12-05-2003, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: greddy e manage (Dr Pooface)

No you can but you can't up your fuel tables with an e manage. It's plug and play but not tune. So sure up your boost but you will run lean.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:38 PM

I believe the emanage can be tuned with the "e-manage support tool" software. I know that my greddy profec-e01 can act as a frontend to the programming.

-PHiZ
Old 12-05-2003, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: greddy e manage (PHiZ)

True it can be but I'm not sure how good it's fuel table tuning and timing tuning is. Never actually used one myself. Bottom line Hondata is better if your looking at the two of them.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:53 PM

its nice that you comment on a product that youve never used.
The emanage has a 3 bar map sensor option, 16x16 fuel table +-50% which is based on throttle position and rpm, 16x16 ignition table +-20degrees based on pressure and rpm, and a 16x16 additional fuel table that is 0-100%+ to pulse the injectors beyond what the ecu will pulse based on map sensor readings, and is based on pressure and rpm . Its a nice piggy back unit, that has alot of features.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: greddy e manage (p0gi)

Well there we go fuel table are a lot more advanced than I have heard. Everyone I've talked to that has used it didn't like it much. Could have been they're own ignorance though. What about injector sizing or does it only allow use of hte stock 310cc that come with the kit? What about timing? are you able to adjust that as well or no?
Old 12-05-2003, 11:09 PM

e-manage is quite tunable...not Hondata, but close. I know of cars running high boost w/ Emanage. Lucky-smurf might be thinking of the blue box(not tunable) which comes w/the turbo kit from greddy.

edit: you can run big inj., at least 440's not sure what the limit is
Old 12-05-2003, 11:10 PM

the emanage can control up to 150% larger injectors, and timing control is +- 20 degrees , 16x16 map based on pressure and rpm. I think your thinking of the blue box that used to come with the greddy turbo kits, they were only adjustable by greddy, and ran very conservative. Im currently running 550s with my emanage
Old 12-05-2003, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your right I was thinking of the blue box. My mistake. What's the cost on the emange with the tunable software vs. Hondata? I know the hondata with boost and the tunable software will run you around 1400 for everything you need. Quite the pretty penny. If your not gonna tune yourself then about 6-700 for what you need.

Modified by Lucky_Smurf at 1:38 AM 12/6/2003
Old 12-05-2003, 11:14 PM

Hondata doesn't cost that much more than E-man so if you know a Hondata tuner get HD. If you don't know a Hondata tuner but you do know a E tuner get the Greddy. At least thats what I would do.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:15 PM

Id say somewhere around $400+ with the optional harness and support tool but without the boost sensor and about $520-530 with it. You can run up to the limit of the stock map sensor before you need to get the 3 bar. If you dont plan to tune the car yourself you can save the cost of the support tool which is about $100-120
Old 12-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like a pretty good piece then for then for the self tuner who isn't looking for huge power. Thanks for the correction guys.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:39 AM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lucky_Smurf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No you can but you can't up your fuel tables with an e manage. It's plug and play but not tune. So sure up your boost but you will run lean. </TD></TR></TABLE>

uhhhh the emanage is the exact same thing as hondata....just an obd2 version , you can tune everythnig with emanage , hondata is the same as emanage , there both piggybacks
Old 12-06-2003, 03:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: greddy e manage (Hella_JDM)

Does anyone know of an e-manage 101 site to read more information on it? I noticed a lot of people ditching the basic e manage that comes with the kit for little to nothing.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:10 AM

Default Re: greddy e manage (dabrown)

http://groups.yahoo.com/subscr....y=24

this is the yahoo group for emanage

Old 12-06-2003, 07:50 AM

Default Re: greddy e manage (Hella_JDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

uhhhh the emanage is the exact same thing as hondata....just an obd2 version , you can tune everythnig with emanage , hondata is the same as emanage , there both piggybacks</TD></TR></TABLE>

You need to quit answering peoples questions on here. You have no idea what you are talking about. Hondata is not a piggyback in any way shape or form.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lucky_Smurf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your right I was thinking of the blue box. My mistake. What's the cost on the emange with the tunable software vs. Hondata? I know the hondata with boost and the tunable software will run you around 1400 for everything you need. Quite the pretty penny. If your not gonna tune yourself then about 6-700 for what you need.

Modified by Lucky_Smurf at 1:38 AM 12/6/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>
The Emanage now comes with the Greddy turbo kits, just to let you know. I personally consider Emanage a piggy back, and Hondata as standalone, but this debate has been put to death many times. Emanage controls fuel and ignition indirectly via volt currents "after" the ecu in the harness, very similar to the AFC hack. Hondata controls fuel and ignition "directly" from the ECU via an Eprom Chip in the ECU. Even though Hondata still utilizes the ECU and doesn't replace it all together like the AEM EMS, the fact is that it still controls the ECU "directly" You gotta think of it this way. Your replacing the stock chip in the ECU with all of the stock fuel and ignition maps with a "programmable" Hondata Eprom chip, thus its controlling the ECU. Where as the Emanage or Hack is a "piggy-back"---"add on" it changes the fuel and ignition maps by volt currents spliced into the ECU harness. Its not controlling the ECU in itself, its just changing what the ECU spits out.

Khoi
Old 12-06-2003, 09:46 AM

Default Re: greddy e manage (Sohc Driver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sohc Driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The Emanage now comes with the Greddy turbo kits, just to let you know. I personally consider Emanage a piggy back, and Hondata as standalone, but this debate has been put to death many times. Emanage controls fuel and ignition indirectly via volt currents "after" the ecu in the harness, very similar to the AFC hack. Hondata controls fuel and ignition "directly" from the ECU via an Eprom Chip in the ECU. Even though Hondata still utilizes the ECU and doesn't replace it all together like the AEM EMS, the fact is that it still controls the ECU "directly" You gotta think of it this way. Your replacing the stock chip in the ECU with all of the stock fuel and ignition maps with a "programmable" Hondata Eprom chip, thus its controlling the ECU. Where as the Emanage or Hack is a "piggy-back"---"add on" it changes the fuel and ignition maps by volt currents spliced into the ECU harness. Its not controlling the ECU in itself, its just changing what the ECU spits out.

Khoi</TD></TR></TABLE>

-PHiZ
Old 12-06-2003, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: greddy e manage (PHiZ)

Thanks Phiz, most of my knowledge regarding this matter is contributed to you.

Khoi
Old 12-06-2003, 10:46 AM

Default Re: greddy e manage (Sohc Driver)

I think the deciding factor is what features in the system are you looking for? The emanage is basically a step up from a vafc because it can control the injectors beyond the ability of the ecu and can control ignition timing. But it cant overcome things like closed loop mode, shut off knock sensors, raise the rev limiter, like stand alones can.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well this thread has been informative for me. I know quit a bit about the hondata seeing as how I"ve had one for a year or so but I didn't know that much about the e manage. Just what I've heard from people. So thanks to those of you who have them and have chimed in. I'm not the original question asker but reguardless it's good to get the right info on stuff.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:27 AM
OG triple OG

Default Re: greddy e manage (hoggy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hoggy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You need to quit answering peoples questions on here. You have no idea what you are talking about. Hondata is not a piggyback in any way shape or form. </TD></TR></TABLE>

by definition a "piggyback" alters stock ecu signals correct???? what the **** do you think hondata does..... hmmm????? hondata is not a stand alone , its a chipped stock ecu which alters stock signals.

so obviously your a dumbass

aem ems , motec etc is a true stand alone
Old 12-07-2003, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: greddy e manage (blacksi-t)

the Emanage is good only if u get the E-01 to use with it. then u have an electronic boost controler, and u have fuel tables to tune your emanage unit with. basicly makes it a piggy back with tunable fuel maps like a standalone.

its tsill a piggy back but it has maps like a stand alone.

it also have ignition timming controls, and u can control extra injectors with it and it can be used with any honda computer or any multi point fuel injection car. in IMO its a great setup if u are obd0 or obd2, and hondata IMO is almost pointless if u don't have a tuner local to your area, because u will get a base map not a setup u can tune for your exact car unless u buy the stage 4 or all the extra peices u need to tune it. if your running obd1 then get urberdata. because its free and easy to tune, and u spend 100 bucks to get your ECU socketed and and buy a burner for 100 bucks then any turner with a dyno or WB can tune your car.

oh yeah Emanage also has 3bar map suport with the E-01 and u have a digital display of sensors with it. very nice when the 2 are combined.

Quick Reply: greddy e manage