Notices

Greddy downpipe broke :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy downpipe broke :(

After not hitting anything knowingly in the past few days, my car became very loud all at once tonite. It was fine at start up and as i pulled out of my parking spot, it just became ungodly loud. Come to find out the downpipe had broke at the flange at the top of the j-pipe. I think my best solution is to try to get it welded back up and if not, either order a kteller or spooling dp or build one on my own. One of my questions about this is, why did this happen? Was it due to excess heat or is it from me bottoming out on it? Anybody else had a problem with theirs breaking? The stock greddy dp has no flex pipe in it, could that also be a possible cause?
Old 09-24-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Greddy downpipe broke :( (PA MATT)

mine did that back in the dark days for afew resons; no hangers on the exhaust; thanks previous idiot owner... and the motor mounts with bolts missing; again thanks guy

Make sure your hangers are on there and aren't putting a load on the j-pipe; that thin wall **** can't take much abuse.

Also when you go to weld it back be careful that they get it lined up. i got it wrong twice... thank goodness for bandsaws... (this was before i had my welder; if i'd have had it then i'd have tacked it back in the car)
Old 09-25-2005, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy downpipe broke :( (ComputerJLT)

yeh, i indexed it when i took it off. I'm gonna try to get it welded up and might order kteller downpipe