Notices

got the wrong turbo from ssaauto*pics*

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got the wrong turbo from ssaauto*pics*

k i odered a kit from ssauto and was suppost to be .60in .63out in stead i got .50in .84 out is this going to make my car lag alot on a b16 also came with a nice 3in v band downpipe and vband adaptor also do you guys think i should bring this turbo to a rebuild shop to have it checked before installing it. its seem spin nice a free and doesnt have play on the shaft. i know its not the best turbo but thats all the money i had in paypal
thanks

Old 02-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got the wrong turbo from ssaauto*pics* (civel)

return the turbo and get your money back, it is not wise to invest in ssautochrome turbo
Old 02-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck with that turbo kit

i would get a shop to brace that manifold good
Old 02-02-2006, 02:59 PM

i know about there manifolds aready i already put the mani back up on ebay. i used there manifold on my last car it didnt last long but i had not one problem with there turbo. and yes i know there not good turbos i dont need to hear it. all im asking if the turbo is going to have a crazy amout of lag on my b16 and if maybe i should bring it to a turbo shop to be inspected
thanks
Old 02-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civel)

me and a couple people have had bad luck with the manifolds but I know a few buddies that have their turbos and havent heard any problems yet
Old 02-02-2006, 03:42 PM

thanks for not putting this turbo down
all i need to know is if the tubro is going to have too much lag and i know if theres anywhere im going to find this out it will be on here on h-t. someone knows this question
Old 02-02-2006, 03:44 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (LShatchie)

dont return it use it it will do good as long as u have nice feed line -3an w/restrictor valve and a nice oil return line-10an and last but not the least catchcan
Old 02-02-2006, 03:47 PM

i have a -3an line already where can i pick up a restrictor
Old 02-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (spoon95eg)

I'm kinda stumped here. The turbo says t3/t04E, yet it reads p-trim in addition to having 14 blades rather than 12.

I'd say return that POS and demand the POS you should have gotten If it is a t04B p-trim, it shouldn't lag much more, but won't flow as well as a 60/63 t3/t04E
Old 02-02-2006, 03:52 PM

so what your saying is that p trim means how many blades it has? is p trim only suppost to be 12 blades.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:39 PM

you were already getting the "wrong" turbo by buying one from ssauto
Old 02-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that turbo is enormous on the exhaust side, i have a B16 with a .63 stae 3 wheel and have issues with late boost.

i bet that turbo weighs a ton, that thing looks like it came off of a tractor trailer or somethin.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:52 PM

Default Re: (mrbsponge)

its actually not that big in size i think the picture makes it look alot bigger than it is. but what i want to know is if AR's are going to make me lag
ALL THE SS AUTO HATERS WHO PROBLEY NEVER EVEN OWNED THERE KIT
SIRIOUSLY IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT SSAUTO KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF I DONT HAVE ALOT OF MONEY, I DONT LIVE AT HOME WITH MOMMY, YES I HAVE A CAR PAYMENT AND I NEVER ASKED IF SSAUTO IS GOOD OR NOT IVE READ ENOUGH POSTS ON HERE BEFORE EVER BUYING AN SS TURBO. THIS IS THE TURBO I HAVE
ALL IM ASKING IS THIS TURBO GOING TO BE ALRIGHT ON A STOCK B16 AT 11 LBS IS IT GOING TO LAG ALOT. IF YOU CANT ANSWER THAT DONT POST. KEEP YOUR BULLSHIT OUT OF THIS THREAD
Old 02-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you don't have alot of money I would think you'd be more careful about throwing it down the toilet
Old 02-02-2006, 08:02 PM

Default Re: (The Original Whitey)

yes the .84 turbine housing will create undesired lag....return it.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:12 PM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: (InfamousDC2FI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by InfamousDC2FI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes the .84 turbine housing will create undesired lag....return it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed. i'd try to go a bit smaller if you can.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ALL THE SS AUTO HATERS WHO PROBLEY NEVER EVEN OWNED THERE KIT SIRIOUSLY IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT SSAUTO KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF I DONT HAVE ALOT OF MONEY, I DONT LIVE AT HOME WITH MOMMY, YES I HAVE A CAR PAYMENT AND I NEVER ASKED IF SSAUTO IS GOOD OR NOT IVE READ ENOUGH POSTS ON HERE BEFORE EVER BUYING AN SS TURBO. THIS IS THE TURBO I HAVE
ALL IM ASKING IS THIS TURBO GOING TO BE ALRIGHT ON A STOCK B16 AT 11 LBS IS IT GOING TO LAG ALOT. IF YOU CANT ANSWER THAT DONT POST. KEEP YOUR BULLSHIT OUT OF THIS THREAD</TD></TR></TABLE>

First of all, don't categorize me as a hater, and please don't consider this bullshit. I honestly don't understand the amount of these SSautoscammer threads lately. -----&gt;LOOK AT THE *******'S FEEDBACK!!!!&lt;-----

First go here:

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs

...then enter his/her Ebay user name. From what I've read in the past, I would NEVER, under any circumstance do business with this person. There are so many other options if you're on a budget.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can't comprehend why people how people still buy products from SS Autocrap. Seeing their manifolds break like twigs in the past turned me off, but their turbos splitting in twain, oil seal problems and sketchy wastegates are just hilarious. What do they charge for this crap anyway? If they were free it would be too much.

EDIT:
This has nothing to to with hating; they have proven time and time again that their products are worth less than the material they're made from. If they shape up I'd buy their products in a heartbeat, but the way things are going I seriously doubt that. Hell, do they even have a B-series engine to test their **** on in whatever "strange country" they are made?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Re: (Oyvind Ryeng)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Oyvind Ryeng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can't comprehend why people how people still buy products from SS Autocrap. Seeing their manifolds break like twigs in the past turned me off, but their turbos splitting in twain, oil seal problems and sketchy wastegates are just hilarious. What do they charge for this crap anyway? If they were free it would be too much.

EDIT:
This has nothing to to with hating; they have proven time and time again that their products are worth less than the material they're made from. If they shape up I'd buy their products in a heartbeat, but the way things are going I seriously doubt that. Hell, do they even have a B-series engine to test their **** on in whatever "strange country" they are made?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What an original post. What's so hilarious and sketchy about the SSAC wastegates? I'm sure you've used one... or atleast seen one - so you should have plenty to back up what you say... uh right?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know a few people that have ran their turbos without any problems. I also know some that have had seal problems, but most of those setups had a shitty *** return line setup that probably contributed greatly to it.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:01 PM

Default Re: (USE2B16A)

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bi...e.com

Holy ****.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:12 PM

Default Re: (beepy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
gsxr turbo headder will not ANYgsxr did ray charles weld this? waste of money
</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 02-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Formerly Mike@TSR

Default Re: (Kowalski)

Reply by http://www.ssautochrome.com: WHAT CHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS ? Installed all the time - GET lost - no clue fool

What an *******...Great customer service ahahahah
Old 02-03-2006, 05:10 AM

Default Re: (Mike@TSR)

its no wonders why ssac changed their ebay name to xspower or what ever....trying to cover up there crappy service.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:31 AM

Default Re: (InfamousDC2FI)

Ok.. I have heard of problems with these turbos.. But the only thing I have heard of is the compressor housing blowing apart..

Are there any other problems? How does the CHRA hold up? Is the exhaust housing made of strong enough material? Does it crack also?

I just dont get this company.. Like their turbo manifolds, I have heard of people making good power with them right before their wastegate falls off.. How much more money would it cost to make the materials thicker, then they would have a very good competitive product..

Quick Reply: got the wrong turbo from ssaauto*pics*