Got caught by the COP!!!! =[

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!

i was driving in the mall parking lot and there was this cop spwaning and i passed by him at low rates of speed then all of a sudden he flash his lights behind me so i pulled over and he said my exhaust was to loud. Then he told me to pop my hood. And he wrote me down for loud exhaust and altered emission. (i live in so cali, by the way) so he gave me that ticket, BUT what i want to know is it correctable? because he checked NO on both of them BUT he told me to change it back to stock and go let the REF (BAR) run an emission test and go to the court for a hearing and prove that you have changed it back to stock. So is this a correctable ticket or not? And how much would the FINE be? (just an estimate) Also when i change it back to stock do u have to change my injectors too? i have 310cc injectors, will the stock ECU have any type of affect on the air/fuel?

Modified by ek9child at 5:37 PM 10/5/2006
Old 10-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got caught by the COP!!!! =[ (ek9child)

he didnt know i have turbo, he thought it was an intake......
Old 10-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can i use the 310CC or no???
Old 10-05-2006, 04:45 PM

the ref will know almost everything on your car. you have to put everything back to stock...
Old 10-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got caught by the COP!!!! =[ (vtec_racer_2kgsr)

I got a ticket for the same **** a few months back and I just paid the fine.

You can call the number on the ticket and ask them how much the fine is and just pay it if you don't want to bring you car to the ref. But, I was told by a "friend of a friend" you know how that **** goes, that if I get ticketed again the fine would double.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got caught by the COP!!!! =[ (BignevadaBoB)

i got the same ticket.

i called the number on the citiation (court number, not the BAR number) every day until my ticket was in the system. Ended up paying the citation (300 bucks) without getting my car inspected.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got caught by the COP!!!! =[ (boostedK20a2)

damn it...even though its a stock ecu? its only program to spary the stock amount...man
Old 10-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

but any how i dont understand why the officer marked NO for correction. when he told me to correct my car back to stock. SOOO is this a correction ticket? OR not?
Old 10-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how the hell do you guys get away with passing emissions in cali??? i just moved back to NY from Fla and am trying to figure out how im going to get around it... pay someone off to smog another car and give me clean inspection?? im not sure yet. how do you guys do it?
Old 10-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Got caught by the COP!!!! =[ (dartdc97)

Man I read these and feel bad for u guys, I'm glad I live up in washington, no emission laws at all. : ) In could run open headers all day long.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Got caught by the COP!!!! =[ (JasonST)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JasonST &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man I read these and feel bad for u guys, I'm glad I live up in washington, no emission laws at all. : ) In could run open headers all day long.</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1 same thing in florida. it has got to suck to have a mod'ed car out in california.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^Me too...nothing to worry about in ND
Old 10-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

i feel bad too im sorry
Old 10-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95dc2teg)

if all the cops in cali think like you guys, cali would be just as great...but sad to say its their not like you guys.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've had this happen a few times already, I live up in Northern Cali, The first time I got a ref ticket was whe I had Greddy evo Exhaust, and a FPR on the motor and everything else was either stock or C.A.R.B. legal. I left the exhaust but changed the regulator to a stock one and went to the ref station. the exhaust passed the sound (decible) test which is (or used to be) 95 Db at 20"'s from the tip at a 20degree angle from the end of the tip I believe at like 3000RPM or something like that can't remember the exact RPM it was at. it passed the smog test and visual test with flying colors but having modified emissions is a non-correctible offense so I still had to pay $381.00 even though my car was 100% legal!! Shitty!!

Then not to long ago I got another ref ticket in my hatch but this time I had B18C1 swap, Turbo kit, exhaust, cam gears, FPR, ETC. . .the works pretty much and I din't wanna waste the time, money or effort to try and put everything back to stock so when I got the ticket in the mail I just went to the courthouse and paid the $500 dollars and that was that!!!

You basicly have two choices if you get a modified emissions ticket (the judge can sign off the muffler one if it passes) you either correct it and pay almost 400 bucks or pay 500 and be on your way!! so I guess it depends, if you have a stock car with an illegal intake change it and save some cash, but if you have a fully built motor etc. . .payy the 5 bills and don't get caught again!! LOL
Old 10-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMLVR)

well like you said its a "modified emissions ticket" its says on the ticket "27156(b) V.C Smog device altered" and the other one is "27150(a) V.C loud exhaust" and they are both checked "no" under correctable violation. wat did the officer put on yur ticket exactly? becuase by putting altered smog device it could be ANYTHING, like a simple intake...ill probably just throw it all back to stock and sell my greddy kit. BUt i just want to know how much im going to have to pay and why isnt it check correctable.. Get back to me JDMLVR
Old 10-06-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Re: (ek9child)

just one more reason on the mountain of 'em already that i'll never live in california. i'll take early release from the air force before being stationed out there.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek9child)

sorry to thread jack, but what happens to people from out of state driving in cali? they get these tickets also for modded engines?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:00 PM

Default Re: (fastludeh22)

if you're just there on vacation, it's a toss-up.

if you live there for any period of time (including stationed w/military) you're subject to the local laws. shitty.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek9child &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn it...even though its a stock ecu? its only program to spary the stock amount...man </TD></TR></TABLE>

bigger than stock injectors on a stock ecu.. and its boosted. im amazed your car even runs

im guessing you have a missing link and an fmu too
Old 10-07-2006, 02:00 AM
GarageAlchemist

Default Re: Got caught by the COP!!!! =[ (wantboost)

you have to change EVERYTHING back to stock if you goto a ref station, they will pop the hood, look at everything aftermarket injectors, intake, filter, header/etc

if you show up with anything other than a setpu of ubber jdm mugen pedals you will fail

just pay the 300 or so bucks, cause even if you have an aftermarket intake thoose bastards will fail you.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Got caught by the COP!!!! =[ (GarageAlchemist)

cops cant pull you over on private property
Old 10-07-2006, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Armed Ferret)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Armed Ferret &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you're just there on vacation, it's a toss-up.

if you live there for any period of time (including stationed w/military) you're subject to the local laws. shitty.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i hope my idea works then. im going to "vacation" there for about 6 months. im just going to keep my ga lic and reg and just say im visiting.

i dont have one piece of emissions control on my car, lol...or anything stock for that matter...

to the op, sounds like i would just pay the fine to not go, and get a resenator or something to not get pulled over again.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:38 AM

Default Re: (fastludeh22)

As far as I know Cops dont have a right to check your emissions or make you pop your hood when your car is registered from out of state and your just visiting, because emissions laws are different from state to state and they cant enforce laws from other states.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (p0gi)

how long have cali cops been doing this...and he didnt know what a turbo was HAHA! FTW thats awsome. why in cali are emissions so damn important?

Quick Reply: Got caught by the COP!!!! =[