Notices

Good direction with b18b and Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good direction with b18b and Nitrous?

n00b question here, but I have to ask.

I have an obd1 b18b in my ek coupe w/ I/E, clutch, lightened flywheel.

I need some direction on putting together an effective system of parts thats works, I don't just want to throw parts at it and hope they all work well together. Also, I'll probably be keeping the bottom end stock for now just because of time, money and this being my only car. So what's a decent set-up for nitrous on a b18b?

I'd like to run a wet kit, but I'd like to have some direction on header, intake, IM, TB, tuning, etc.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Good direction with b18b and Nitrous? (NickW)

I am currently rollin in a b18b w/ a 55 dry shot zex, stock bottom end. Since you say you are keeping the bottom end stock, basically all you need to decide on is what size shot you want to run. With a dry kit you can jet usually from 50-75hp, all with a simple nozzle swap. If you want to run 60-65, drop 2 degrees timing. If 75, drop 3 or 4 degrees. Retarded timing will make daily driving a biatch, so grab a MSD box if you plan on going over 55shot.

As for header, any quality street header should do you well. Make sure to get a high flow cat to complete your exhaust system. I put my N2O setup in my car a week before my DC 4-1, test pipe, and cat-back, and the difference was night and day. I think a good header will help u a lot when you're on the juice
Old 12-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good direction with b18b and Nitrous? (Greenery18)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Greenery18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am currently rollin in a b18b w/ a 55 dry shot zex, stock bottom end. Since you say you are keeping the bottom end stock, basically all you need to decide on is what size shot you want to run. With a dry kit you can jet usually from 50-75hp, all with a simple nozzle swap. If you want to run 60-65, drop 2 degrees timing. If 75, drop 3 or 4 degrees. Retarded timing will make daily driving a biatch, so grab a MSD box if you plan on going over 55shot.

As for header, any quality street header should do you well. Make sure to get a high flow cat to complete your exhaust system. I put my N2O setup in my car a week before my DC 4-1, test pipe, and cat-back, and the difference was night and day. I think a good header will help u a lot when you're on the juice </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking about running a 50 shot, MAYBE a 75 with the fuel and spark to support it. Thats another one of my questions, what about larger injectors? Can the stock ones handle a 50 shot with the stock fuel pump? Anything over 50 and I'd probably want to get a bigger fuel pump and bigge injectors, right?

As for the exhuast, I have a test pipe right now connected to a tanabe racing medalion which is soon to be replaced with a RS*R ex-mag.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any help
Old 12-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well I ran a NX kit for a year in my civic with a b18b and had no problems. I had a NOS kit but when I called them up and asked what size of jets for a 75 shot they said it was impossible and I would blow my motor in a sec. Well I bought the kit from my friend with a integra ls "b18b" and he had the jets already in it from when he used it and I told them the jet sizes and they said it was a 110 shot. I never knew they had a 110 shot before and so I asked how to make it a 75 shot that was all I neede and they hung up on me. WTF I got hung up 4 times by different people that day and went down to my NX dealer and told him about it. He went crazy called Jeremy from NX "the guy that is at all the NOPI events helping people with NX kits" and told him and Jeremy said people run 75 shot with their setup no problems. I left the shop with a NX kit and put it on my car and loved it. I sold it to a friend and now I'm going with boost.

Pretty much NOS can kiss my *** my friend ran that NOS kit in his car for the entire summer and never blew it up but they said it was impossible LOL

I never had any problems with the NX kit plus who wants their N2o ran off the vaccum lines? If one blows off ur fucked. IMO I'd get NX they're nice people and hooked me up great. I have MSD 6a with wires, coil, ETC. , intake, exhuast and factory manifold. I dropped a full second with the NX kit. U'll love it. and good luck
Old 12-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ohh and I had a fuel pressure regulator, stock everything else
Old 12-17-2004, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dan_w_82)

Yeh, i had planned on the NX kit...up
Old 12-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you get a wet kit, you shouldn't need larger injecters. I would get a 255lph HP fuel pump and you dont have to retard your timing untill you go over a 75 shot. Header, Intake, Exhaust, and some good tires should also put you in the 13s easy if you can drive.

Also dont run platium (if thats how you spell it) spark plugs. Get some good old copper NGKs or Iridium spark plugs and make sure there some atleast one range colder. Check your spark plugs offen as well to be safe. You also dont really need an ignition system either but a grounding kit for your car wont hurt.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good direction with b18b and Nitrous? (rhamlinii)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhamlinii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you get a wet kit, you shouldn't need larger injecters. I would get a 255lph HP fuel pump and you dont have to retard your timing untill you go over a 75 shot. Header, Intake, Exhaust, and some good tires should also put you in the 13s easy if you can drive.

Also dont run platium (if thats how you spell it) spark plugs. Get some good old copper NGKs or Iridium spark plugs and make sure there some atleast one range colder. Check your spark plugs offen as well to be safe. You also dont really need an ignition system either but a grounding kit for your car wont hurt.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thnaks thats great help. Thats what I'll probably do, I just waned some feedback before I started spending more money.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

as said above is exactly what I did besides the fuel pump and had no problems. Depending on where you live but Autozone and other auto sores couldn't get me colder plugs I had to special order them from my NX dealer and stock up incase you might need extra. I got 2-3 steps colder on my setup. NX reccomended it so I went with it. GOOD LUCK
Old 12-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: (dan_w_82)

i had a nitrous setup all planned out based off a nx wet kit. 2 step colder ngk plugs, stock timing at distributor, and an aem fpr to raise my base fuel pressure up to around 60 psi. i went boost instead, but that should have been all i needed as far as fuel and spark. this was going to be a 50 shot
Old 12-18-2004, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (blackeg)

Nick, I have an MSD 6 BTM for sale locally if you decide to run one.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jfoster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jfoster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nick, I have an MSD 6 BTM for sale locally if you decide to run one. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have seen that, and I am interested, BUT..I owe blakes room mate some cash for the motor that he pretty much advanced me. However, I should have most of that paid off very very shortly and then I'll see if you still have it.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NickW)

up for the late night kids
Old 12-19-2004, 03:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i/h/e, ngk bkr7e plugs, msd digital 6+ with timing retarded 2 degrees on spray, b&m fpr w/ guage, walbro 190lph, california **** water 91 octane, with a NX kit on a 75 shot for about 2 yrs.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (raceACCORDingly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raceACCORDingly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i/h/e, ngk bkr7e plugs, msd digital 6+ with timing retarded 2 degrees on spray, b&m fpr w/ guage, walbro 190lph, california **** water 91 octane, with a NX kit on a 75 shot for about 2 yrs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, great short answer and I beleive I know what I need to get just to be safe and good working system:

NX wet kit
Larger fuel pump
MSD digital 6+
Colder plugs
Need to get a decent header
Get my RS*R put on
FPR with gauge

anything thing else?
Old 12-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NickW)

Last bump for any more info, but I believe I've got a idea on the route to take.

Thanks.