Notices

Good Buy??

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Buy??

OK Guys, Im looking for a honda, cant decide whether to do N/A or turbo (the eternal fight), i found this car and wanted your advice on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...82221

Ok guys I really want an honest opinion, I would prefer not to get flamed because its on ebay or whatever else, im just asking if its a good buy or even better if someone on this forum knows the guy!

-Also, how do I get rid of this "trial user" status, so i can send PMs, and IMs and such??

Thanks in advance guys! Always appreciate the help.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good Buy?? (is300racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> T3/T4 with a T66 wheel (custom T06)</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">500 cc injectors</TD></TR></TABLE>

well... huge turbo, average fuel = why

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Missing Link </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Piggyback engine computer </TD></TR></TABLE>

i really want to know what in gods name he's running for fuel management. "piggyback" couldn't be any more generic.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> 35mm Tial wastegate </TD></TR></TABLE>

uhh, no its not. not in the pics anyway. its a deltagate.

with a t66 wheel? omgboom2u

you use a missing link with an FMU. an fmu, uses stock, or 310cc injectors at the most, and generally is good only for low-power (low 200s tops) before it simply can't control the fuel enough. piggy back? what is he runing a blue box?

i dunno man... for 1000 bucks that it's at know, its a good deal- even if the motor was blown.

Old 03-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good Buy?? (pissedoffsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">-Also, how do I get rid of this "trial user" status, so i can send PMs, and IMs and such??</TD></TR></TABLE>

you need to post more
Old 03-01-2004, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Good Buy?? (pissedoffsol)

There is nothing wrong with buying a car on ebay. I have sold lots on ebay and as long as you are honest in listing it you wont have problems with a buyer. Look at their feedback number. If its under 10 I am careful. If they dont accept paypal DO NOT do business with them. Paypal protects their buyers.

You are trial user for 15 days. After that you can PM and post in classifieds etc.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Good Buy?? (RedTegLS)

I smell a ticking time bomb?....but if your into buying highly modified cars then get ready for some headaches, heartaches, and sadness....

Things to consider....you have no idea how this car was treated, you have no idea of the quality of work that when into the motor and everything else, especially for the long haul...And if i put all that time and money into a car why would I sell it???There is things in that mod list i dont like and dont feel that this car is worth even buying, cause if I did all that stuff I would not be running 550's, missing link, and a piggy back along with 3" intercooler piping....get real, That car sounds like its trouble waiting to find an owner to unleash all its uncertainties, but hey you like it cause it has cool parts i say go for it......I kno I would never buy it
Old 03-01-2004, 09:21 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedTegLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You are trial user for 15 days. After that you can PM and post in classifieds etc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have been a member for 25 days according to my profile, and how many posts does it take to lose this status?
Old 03-01-2004, 11:14 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedTegLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is nothing wrong with buying a car on ebay. I have sold lots on ebay and as long as you are honest in listing it you wont have problems with a buyer. Look at their feedback number. If its under 10 I am careful. If they dont accept paypal DO NOT do business with them. Paypal protects their buyers.

You are trial user for 15 days. After that you can PM and post in classifieds etc.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Paypal sucks. I lost so much money from them, and all they can say is the person does not have enough funds in there account to get your money back every time.. Sorry saw that and had to vent
Old 03-01-2004, 11:23 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts
Default Re: Good Buy?? (is300racer)

I just got off the phone with him...he said it's a "custom" computer that controls fuel made by Modern Performance or something like that.

Also about the wastegate, he said the one pictured is the one he has, and that sure as hell isn't a Tial wastegate, it's a POS deltagate.

If he's lied about that and has some "custom" computer, who knows if it really has that other stuff. I say stay away.