Notices

going rev hard on 00 Si

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going rev hard on 00 Si

i got the upgraded wastegate (tial) map defuser 310 injectors what else do i need and would you recomendtrying to go it alone on instal oh yeah thats right i am a newbie give me some help here though
Old 10-28-2002, 09:27 AM
a/k/a Jomo

Default Re: going rev hard on 00 Si (00SIBOOST)

i got the upgraded wastegate (tial) map defuser 310 injectors what else do i need and would you recomendtrying to go it alone on instal oh yeah thats right i am a newbie give me some help here though
Well you will need an upgraded clutch. ACT XTSS is for turbo honda's, that's what I will be using for boost. for Tial wastegate. 310's are good, I went 440's just because A I will need them later on after my motor is built for more boost and B you cat tune that just as well with a Hondata. That's another thing. TUNING TUNING TUNING. Hondata, obdII-obdI harness and a P28 should work in your favor with a couple hours on the dyno. NGK BKR7E-11 spark plugs. Not a stock exhaust. I will be doing 3" downpipe, 3" carsound and 3" thermal. Probabaly adjustable cam gears and an adj. fpr would be nice. and a boost gauge. I guess that's all I would recomend to get started.

I would recomend for later, boost controller, turbo timer, upgraded t/b and intake manifold like a type r t/b and i/m or for more boost JG t/b and i/m. I'm planning on upgradeing to SKUNK2 springs and retainers and ITR intake valves, and possibly the SKUNK2 turbo cams. Eagle rods, JE 9:1's, a block guard, maybe golden eagle's if i get the time or extra money. Fluidyne and slim electric fan, Quiafe LSD and EGT and Oil Temp as well. Port match everything and get a good head job . Metal head gasket helps too. I guess that's just about everything. Incase you haven't noticed I've planned this out significantly before I do it. I wanna do it right the first time.

By the way better luck next time at the track.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:30 AM
a/k/a Jomo

Default Re: going rev hard on 00 Si (Mr Milano)

P.S. Throw the MAP diffuser in the trash and get a Hondata and a 3BAR map sensor. Also by "go at it alone" you mean install it yourself? David come on now, would you feel comfortable drilling a hole in your oil pan and welding in the return line? Or maybe hacking away at your bumper and support for intercooler clearence, or maybe shaving your block away so the turbo fits right. I would have to go with a negative. I don't. I think I may go to AAM in G-berg, MD. They impressed me with there 11.72, 400+whp full interior, streetable 98 coupe. Think I'll see what they have to say.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:31 AM

i just ordered the same kit for my Si minus the injectors

do i really need to get those injectors or will my stock ones be good for now?

Old 10-28-2002, 09:39 AM

P.S. Throw the MAP diffuser in the trash and get a Hondata and a 3BAR map sensor. Also by "go at it alone" you mean install it yourself? David come on now, would you feel comfortable drilling a hole in your oil pan and welding in the return line? Or maybe hacking away at your bumper and support for intercooler clearence, or maybe shaving your block away so the turbo fits right. I would have to go with a negative. I don't. I think I may go to AAM in G-berg, MD. They impressed me with there 11.72, 400+whp full interior, streetable 98 coupe. Think I'll see what they have to say.
the oil pan is annoying, but not hard to do. shaving the block is also annoying, but not hard to do.

don't get in the habit of just paying someone to do something. if something breaks, you won't have the slightest clue. you'll just be back there saying "uhhh it broke".
take the time do it yourself. find someone knowledgable to help you out. trust me, you'll learn a lot. that way when something goes wrong, you'll know why.
much much much more rewarding than paying somebody 600-900 to do it for you.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:39 AM

thanks for the tip and at the track yes yes a better time slip would be nice whoever this is
Old 10-28-2002, 09:44 AM

Default Re: going rev hard on 00 Si (Ruckus138)

good point should i get a haynes manual if i were to do it myself for help then?
Old 10-28-2002, 09:49 AM
a/k/a Jomo

Well you should always have some time of shop manual reguardless. I will bid you good luck. Me personally after doing basic stuff like I/H/C/E, valve adjustmetn, brake install, suspension install, timing, steering rack install, I still don't feel confident enough to tackle a turbo install. It may be easy, but I've never seen an install before. I understand the physics and logics and could probably figure it out, but I defenetly want an expert there with me. Plus I would never just drop my car off and say "Hey turbo's in the back seat, see ya tomarrow". I meant I would take it to a shop so you could be indoors, have a pro there and at the same time have a lift, which I don't have. Lifts are the best. Good luck man. What's Tolen's thoughts on this?
Old 10-28-2002, 09:49 AM

good point should i get a haynes manual if i were to do it myself for help then?
if the haynes can help you install a turbo then i say go for it.. i dont think they would tell you how to drill an oil return line for a turbo and how to shave some of the block.. but on another note they are good to have around
Old 10-28-2002, 09:56 AM

as for tolens thoughts he says take it to ben as he oes for most sff which isnt a bad idea except he deals with mostly superchargers but yeah AA in g burg isnta bad idea are they pricey jims
Old 10-28-2002, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What's Tolen's thoughts on this?
its tolland flapjack for the thousandth time
Old 10-29-2002, 11:52 AM
a/k/a Jomo

I like Tolen better. Easier to remember.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:02 PM

your gonna need something to idle em 330's. your idle is gonna suck. if your on a budget go afc hack,
if not

hondata
Old 10-29-2002, 03:36 PM

Default Re: going rev hard on 00 Si (fiaddictedsi)

i hope he goes hondata anyways..if jimmy has anything to say about it he WILL..right tolen
Old 10-29-2002, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

enough
Old 10-31-2002, 10:01 PM

Default Re: going rev hard on 00 Si (Jackson4Door)

ok free ballin...what are you MJ now? flyin high?
Old 10-31-2002, 10:42 PM

Default Re: going rev hard on 00 Si (WhoNeedsVtec)

im going with a revhard kit too... 2c with a 3 inch downpipe and 3 inch exhaust... anyhow here is what i have planned...

2c kit
fuel
550 rc injectors (just go to the RC site they have a formula for correct size injectors to match your needs.... )
inline 255 fuel pump (not sure if i really need this)

Ignition
6a

cooling
oil cooler
NPG+ coolant with C&R radiator

ACT clutch HDSS

Electronics
Aem Ems
TechEdge wideband O2
PROFECT B (i dont think i need the A)
greddy EGT Gage
greddy Oil Presure Gage

and this is all on a stock block for a 2000 si... FruiT3T4 and texan are gonna help me with the build up... this is all going down in jan ill keep you guys updated to what kinda gains i am getting... im sure ill be posting more then too...
Old 11-01-2002, 04:51 AM
a/k/a Jomo

Default Re: going rev hard on 00 Si (WestWorld)

3 inch downpipe and 3 inch exhaust
Yes.

550 rc injectors, inline 255 fuel pump (not sure if i really need this
How can you think you need 550cc injecotrs, but then say not sure if I really need a 255lph fuel pumpt to supply them? Do you think that puney 130lph SI pump is going to? PAH! Not hardly. Anyways since I see you don't have any internals listed it doesn't seem like you will be boosting high in the teens so 550 injectors are absurd. Hell 310's will be fine up to 10-11 psi. 440's are good for atleast up to 15psi. I haven't seen anything larger on a Honda unless it was a race only car.

Ignition 6a
Waste of money. All you really need is some NGK BKR7E-11 spark plugs. Stock ignition is fine. I guess if you wanna feel sucure you could get an MSD external coil, modified cap and wires, but stock ignition is fine. Save that money for something else.

cooling oil cooler NPG+ coolant with C&R radiator
ehh oil cooler is debatablue. stock b16 oil cooler is fine for moderate boost. i like the fluidyne also.

ACT clutch HDSS
I'd recomend the XTSS for turbo. While you are at it invest in a light flywheel. Group buy center has a special on the ACT/Fidanza combo. You will thank yourself for the qucik spool up. Espcially on the t3/t4 combo.

Electronics Aem Ems TechEdge wideband O2 PROFECT B (i dont think i need the A) greddy EGT Gage greddy Oil Presure Gage
Pretty good. I've heard good things about the EMS. I personally am a fan of the Hondata but to each his own. EGT and Oil pressure is good. I think Oil temp is just as important and you deffenetly need a boost gauge.

Later down the road I would invest in Eagle Rods, JE 9:1's, and at least a block guard if not sending it out to golden eagle for some fresh sleeves. New bearings and seals. Nice P&P everything. Nice t/b & i/m combo like the JG 65mm and their intake manifold. Quaifes are your friend too. Well good luck in your build-up.
Old 11-01-2002, 05:07 AM
a/k/a Jomo

Well I'm bored so here's what my plans would be for an SI provided not ALL of this has to be done at first, but this would make one hell of a street car.

SFP turbo kit w/ stainless steel tubular manifold
Tial external wastegate.
JG 65mm throttle body
JG intake manifold
Hondata manifold gasket
Custom 3" down pipe
Carsound 3" cat
Thermal 3" exhaust
UR Ultra R crank pulley
UR Ultra A alt pulley
NGK BKR7E-11 spark plugs
MSD external coil, modified cap and 8.5mm wires
RC Engineering 440cc injectors
Walboro 255lph fuel pump
AEM fuel rail with FP gauge
AEM 1:1 adjustable fpr with a base of 60psi
SKUNK2 turbo cams
SKUNK2 springs, retainers and cam gears
ITR intake valves
Portflow head
JE 9:1's
Eagle ESP rods
SFP block guard
solid rubber motor mounts
P28 ECU w/ Hondata s200 and adapter harness & 3bar map sensor
ACT XTSS clutch and UR or Fidanza flywheel
Quiafe LSD
Roughly 2hrs of dyno tuning and running around 13-14psi daily beaten.

Should be a nice daily driver don't cha think?
Old 11-01-2002, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you really think 310's would suffice? I disagree...310's are nice on NA motors, but won't cut it on boost. We (I am building this motor with him) are running with 550's because we plan to end somewhere around 340hp or so, and we want a little leeway on the injectors in case we decide to jump up some. Trust me on this one...the 310's will not do us any good.

As for the 6A...depends on who you are talking to. It's an aquired taste.

As for your motor, I would go with bigger inhectors if you are going with a full build, as noted in your list. You WILL turn up the boost, and you WILL run out of fuel on 440's soon after 14psi.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:02 AM
New User

I'm no boost expert, but if your going to have a standalone fuel management system, why not go with 550's? I'd take 550's at say 50% duty cycle over 440's at 80% any day of the week. Now if your using piggy back fuel controlers the situation will call for the smallest possible to fill the job. my .02.

BTW, roaming the various boards I see alot of people wishing they had gotten 550's or larger instead of the 440's. If you have total control over your fuel delivery why not leave yourself room to grow, because let's face it, your gonna turn up the boost.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: going rev hard on 00 Si (INeedBoost)

If you have total control over your fuel delivery why not leave yourself room to grow, because let's face it, your gonna turn up the boost.
That's correct. 310's will severely limit you...
Old 11-01-2002, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: going rev hard on 00 Si (MatT3T4)

Do you really think 310's would suffice? I disagree...310's are nice on NA motors, but won't cut it on boost. We (I am building this motor with him) are running with 550's because we plan to end somewhere around 340hp or so, and we want a little leeway on the injectors in case we decide to jump up some. Trust me on this one...the 310's will not do us any good.

As for the 6A...depends on who you are talking to. It's an aquired taste.

As for your motor, I would go with bigger inhectors if you are going with a full build, as noted in your list. You WILL turn up the boost, and you WILL run out of fuel on 440's soon after 14psi.
MatT3T4 has quite a bit of experience with turbo setups and what he's saying is very true. you make power by cramming lots of air into the motor then adding fuel. if the fuel's not there the motor will not make power, and even worse it could run lean and detonate. then it may be back to square one rebuilding the motor.

a lot of people go with the 440cc injectors to make good power, but if you want a nice large window for future increases in boost then go big on the injectors now and use Hondata to control them. then you won't run lean and can always make more power.

once you get the taste of 250-300 WHP you'll then want 400+ WHP and you need the fuel to get there. spend the extra $$ and get 550cc or 660cc (i think that's the next step up with RC) or even 720cc if you got a fully built block and want to make some really nice power.

Old 11-01-2002, 03:05 PM
a/k/a Jomo

Default Re: going rev hard on 00 Si (sweet)

Well to each his own. AAM in MD has a 472whp GSR motor in a 98 civic coupe on 440's all day long. Over a year old. Anyways I hope you guys don't plan on making that kinda power with no internal mods listed.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyways I hope you guys don't plan on making that kinda power with no internal mods listed.
Me? If so, yes...we are, we have, and we will again. No need to build for that kind of power.

Quick Reply: going rev hard on 00 Si