Notices

Full-Race just got Probed !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full-Race just got Probed !!!!

Full-Race and Kooks just got Probed.. Yep, been whored around Honda-Tech, why not take it elsewhere eh?

http://forums.probetalk.com/sh...36594

Enjoy the mock up !!!
Old 12-22-2004, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full-Race just got Probed !!!! (Drag_On)

lol looks alot more like kooks than our stuff! is he going to use thickwall tubing instead? those welds look a bit hot, maybe have him turn his tig down a bit

edit: how do his traction bars work? i just went to the website and im not totally sure how they can work??
Old 12-22-2004, 06:36 AM

interesting read... man thats a good price for an equal lenght mani...
Old 12-22-2004, 06:42 AM

He's been notified of the post. Thanks for the tips to him Geoff, maybe Todd will come in and post here.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Full-Race just got Probed !!!! (Full-Race Geoff)

Jeff has turned me onto some of your products Geoff

I am very impressed with your company and all the technology that goes into your products. We are light years behind bar none. I can only wish we had the equiptment that you must have. Unfortunetly, we are just a small mom and pop shop that started out in our two car garage. We have soley targeted the Probe/MX-6 as our product line. So you can see that we will continue to be a small custom shop. My hats off to all that you have put into the sport compact industry
Old 12-22-2004, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Full-Race just got Probed !!!! (Precision Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Precision Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jeff has turned me onto some of your products Geoff

I am very impressed with your company and all the technology that goes into your products. We are light years behind bar none. I can only wish we had the equiptment that you must have. Unfortunetly, we are just a small mom and pop shop that started out in our two car garage. We have soley targeted the Probe/MX-6 as our product line. So you can see that we will continue to be a small custom shop. My hats off to all that you have put into the sport compact industry </TD></TR></TABLE>

Welcome Todd... Geoff is a great resource on the board, I'm sure he'll be MORE than willing to help. Jump into the Fab/Welding section and get ideas and opinions. You can post your probe parts in there too - true fabricators dont give a **** which chassis its going on.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:27 AM

lol, I couldn't help but check out one guys car on there, and look at this beauty of an exhaust manifold!

I see so many turbo probe's for sale, and if they wern't the ugliest car ever put on the face of this earth I might pick one up for a cheap daily beater.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full-Race just got Probed !!!! (turboEGsedan)

i like the oh say 170 degree backwards wastegate flow **** is tite dawg
Old 12-22-2004, 08:49 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboEGsedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

whatever works I guess, function over beauty I always say
Old 12-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Precision Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jeff has turned me onto some of your products Geoff

I am very impressed with your company and all the technology that goes into your products. We are light years behind bar none. I can only wish we had the equiptment that you must have. Unfortunetly, we are just a small mom and pop shop that started out in our two car garage. We have soley targeted the Probe/MX-6 as our product line. So you can see that we will continue to be a small custom shop. My hats off to all that you have put into the sport compact industry </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks man i appreciate the compliments. We started out in my parents garage, from there went to the backyard of our rental house, then rented the corner of someone's shop, and just kept working harder and harder, we finally have our own shop now, and we just recently got the robotic welder.

good luck with your niche, its cool to see someone making parts for such a rare vehicle. Im sure you have a loyal following yourself.

my only recommendation regarding your manifold is to either use a higher grade thinwall material (it looks like mild steel HREW seam tube) or a thicker 304 or 316 tube.

good luck
Old 12-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cant really see the welds in any of those pics
full-race
Old 12-22-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Full-Race just got Probed !!!! (-iLLuZioN-B18C1)

ive sen this style mani from pics that were taken a long time ago. Do you guys really think that full race was the first person to design an equal length mani like this before????
Old 12-22-2004, 09:44 AM

Thanks for the suggestions Geoff

We buy our pipe from Magnum Force. Do you have a good sorce for tubing you would be willing to share with us? It's been hard for us to locate tight radius bends. It would be great to find a supplier on the east coast. The shipping from the west coast can get rather costly.

Thanks
Todd
Old 12-22-2004, 10:07 AM

Your collector isnt a collector. Charging $550 for that should be a sin. Spend some time and money and make a real 4-1 collector instead of that stamped out piece of garbage. I'm pretty surprised no one noticed that the collector hollow.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:13 AM

Default Re: (willsnap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by willsnap &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your collector isnt a collector. Charging $550 for that should be a sin. Spend some time and money and make a real 4-1 collector instead of that stamped out piece of garbage. I'm pretty surprised no one noticed that the collector hollow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey Wil-
Its for a Probe dousche, not a Honda. This is the ONLY manifold made for this motor at the time..

And its $600 short of a FR manifold. Settle the **** down!!
Old 12-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[http://www.mcmaster.com]
Old 12-22-2004, 10:20 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Geoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol looks alot more like kooks than our stuff! is he going to use thickwall tubing instead? those welds look a bit hot, maybe have him turn his tig down a bit

edit: how do his traction bars work? i just went to the website and im not totally sure how they can work??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny Geoff, I was thinking the same thing. to a shitty copy.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (willsnap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by willsnap &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your collector isnt a collector. Charging $550 for that should be a sin. Spend some time and money and make a real 4-1 collector instead of that stamped out piece of garbage.
.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First you say the collector isn't a collector, then you say at the end of your post

{ I'm pretty surprised no one noticed that the COLLECTOR hollow.}
Old 12-22-2004, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Full-Race just got Probed !!!! (Bar'dEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bar’dEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Funny Geoff, I was thinking the same thing. to a shitty copy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Surprise to see your signature list FR..

This isn't a FR nut swinging contest.. Its a good design - people are going to use it.

Props to PRO for making a car with no aftermarket come alive again..

come visit us at http://www.forums.probetalk.com

Old 12-22-2004, 11:24 AM

Default Re: (dragline)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dragline &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

First you say the collector isn't a collector, then you say at the end of your post

{ I'm pretty surprised no one noticed that the COLLECTOR hollow.}</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool you are the first one to notice the star is missing.

The header in the pics is just a mock up. This is how I started when I designed our 2.5 V6 turbo kit. This way I can cut all the tack welds and take it apart to make the cutting fixtures. Everything is completely done by hand so we are forced to use fixtures instead of keyboards
Old 12-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboEGsedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol, I couldn't help but check out one guys car on there, and look at this beauty of an exhaust manifold!
I see so many turbo probe's for sale, and if they wern't the ugliest car ever put on the face of this earth I might pick one up for a cheap daily beater.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and of course all the manifolds posted on this site are works of art and engineering along with all the cars on this site, all of them are smokin hot

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Geoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
edit: how do his traction bars work? i just went to the website and im not totally sure how they can work??</TD></TR></TABLE>

to me just looks like a brace to help the deflection of the lca under hard accleration, but i woulda figured their pro tubular lca would resolve that?
Old 12-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drag_On &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Surprise to see your signature list FR..

This isn't a FR nut swinging contest.. Its a good design - people are going to use it.

Props to PRO for making a car with no aftermarket come alive again..

come visit us at http://www.forums.probetalk.com

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks Ill stick to my Honda and big turbos... You can keep your Fords
Old 12-22-2004, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Full-Race just got Probed !!!! (Sp00n'd Supra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sp00n’d Supra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
to me just looks like a brace to help the deflection of the lca under hard accleration, but i woulda figured their pro tubular lca would resolve that?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yah we have really bad lca's so we made these up to take some of the rearward deflection out when doing a holeshot. We had the Comp. Eng. style but they were to exspensive for these guy's. Our tubular lca's are the way to go for hardcore all out race.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bar’dEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks Ill stick to my Honda and big turbos... You can keep your Fords </TD></TR></TABLE>

ah there Mazda's with a Ford badge
Old 12-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Precision Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ah there Mazda's with a Ford badge </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, I know...
Old 12-22-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Full-Race just got Probed !!!! (Bar'dEK)

Thanks Ill stick to my Honda and big turbos... You can keep your Fords </TD></TR></TABLE>

You say that to a guy with an 01 GSR, Full Race mani and SC61...

GFU doushe. I'm a Honda guy..

to you for being closeminded.

Quick Reply: Full-Race just got Probed !!!!