Notices

Fuel Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Delivery

So here's the plan. I'm purchasing a 92 CX. I will then be swapping a B18B into it and shortly after that, dropping a Max-Rev turbo kit in. I plan to run about 8psi daily driven. I'm doing my research now so I don't look like an *** later. I know just about everything there is to know about n2o setups, but now its time to graduate to boost. So here's my dilema...

Obviously fuel delivery is very important. Without fuel...*BAM*... I will most likely NOT be purchasing any Hondata or AEM management system due to the fact that I will probably NOT be running that high of boost nor would I want to get that involved. (...and even if I did get that involved I can always upgrade to it) Back to the point....for my setup, I am thinking of going with an FMU to raise fuel pressure, larger injectors to support the addition fuel being delivered, and a high flow in-tank fuel pump. I currently have a Walbro 255lph fuel pump that I use with my n2o setup...so, fuel pump is taken care of. Next, injectors....what do you all suggest? 310s? Will that be sufficient to handle 8psi? What if eventually I would want to upgrade to 12-14psi (after the rebuild of course)...would they hold? I'm guessing RC would be the ones I would want? Now finally the FMU. I have heard many a story about how unreliable they are but yet I have also heard many a story about how reliable they are. My question to you all is, what ratio would I need? Or should I get the adjustable kind that allows you to change your ratio? What kind of ratio would be ideal for 8psi? Im currently looking at the snazzy Comptech piece...

($279)

Or would a Vortech do me fine?

So, with all that said...any suggestions?

-ryan
Old 02-09-2002, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel Delivery (riot)

Old 02-10-2002, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Fuel Delivery (riot)

I suggest getting the adjustable FMU, and if you get 310cc injectors you could probaly get away with a 8:1 or 10:1 rise rate. But you will need some kind of fuel controller so your car will idle decent. Also the injectors should be safe to 12psi. just get that car on a dyno and check your air/fuel ratios at your diffrent boost setings to make sure all is swell. Oh and the intank fuel pump wont cut it with that high of fuel pressures. maybe 100psi. of fuel pressure max. If you run 12psi with the 10:1 FMU Settings that is like 155-160psi. of fuel pressure. I would suggest getting a good inline fuel pump to go along with your intank, like a Aeromotive, Bosch, MSD, etc. Then you will have on good running beast.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel Delivery (2000_Civic_Si)

Thanks for the help. Maybe I'll get something higher then 310cc because I don't want to just "get away with it" I don't mind going a little higher in case I want to up the boost.

8:1 or 10:1? Sounds good to me. What king of a fuel controller do you suggest? Are you talking about a VAFC?

As far as the fuel pump, it is the 255lph high pressure fuel pump...you're saying run an inline pump along with the intank?

-ryan