Notices

FMAX Group Buy FINAL Notice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2001, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMAX Group Buy FINAL Notice!!!

To Everyone

The F-Max group buy is ending real soon but its not too late to sign up! Howver, please take note that if you do sign up now, you
will need to contact our vendor right away to make arrangements to pay.

For those who are already signed up for the buy-in, you have less than a week left to get it all together and make the payment. According
to our vendor, it takes at least one week to clear credit card payments and two weeks for check payments. He was authorized by F-MAX
to be able make orders as they come in, so the earlier you order, the earlier you will receive your package. I know that in light of
recent events, many of you are choosing to make your orders at the last possible minute. My advice is the quicker the better, and it
will benefit all of us as well.

Finally, please keep in mind, that I have gave ample time for everyone to think carefully before buying. At this point in time, I would say
that it is too late to bail. We have already had two people leave and if we lose any more, we will be in danger of losing some of our buy-in
benefits. So if you are in, please call the vendor and complete your orders <u>now.</u>
Old 09-19-2001, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FMAX Group Buy FINAL Notice!!! (MiraiZ)

I was wondering why our current orders with F-MAX were going to take 5 weeks.
Old 09-19-2001, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FMAX Group Buy FINAL Notice!!! (ben@importparts.com)

Have no idea...I don't think it takes that long otherwise my vendor would have notified me...I'm personally anticipating delays because of the recent events...I'm sure UPS is backed up with late shipments
Old 09-19-2001, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

F-MAX told us they were back logged and I think it may be your vendor that is backing them up. That's good for your vendor, bad for us but our customers are patient.
Old 09-19-2001, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well, if your customers want it sooner then you can send them to me
Old 09-19-2001, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the offer but no thanks. We'll see how long your wait is.
Old 09-19-2001, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Shipping should not be a problem. I sold my SC and i droped the box off at UPS the day everything happened and the guy got it 3 days later from a canada /US shipment and i sent it the cheapest way i could

I have never got anything that fast before and i hate to wait
Old 09-19-2001, 08:06 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: FMAX Group Buy FINAL Notice!!! (redline)

Ben's right. I called FMAX and they said it should be about 6 weeks for my order to come in! I'm still going with it of course...it'd be dumb to not get it, just cuz of the wait.
Old 09-20-2001, 10:29 AM
New User

Default Re: FMAX Group Buy FINAL Notice!!! (00SilverLS)

To be honest, the f-max groupbuy people prolly won't see the kits until late october/early november....so i don't know if i'll have the kit installed this year or in january cuz it's gonna snow here in michigan. Another thing that concerns me is that we have to lay down $3k+ now for something we're not going to get for another month or so...and how reliable is this groupbuy? I'm not too worried that they're going to take our money and run, but what guarantee do we have that they won't? They're have been several groupbuy frauds already this year.....just a concern.
Old 09-20-2001, 11:08 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: FMAX Group Buy FINAL Notice!!! (smoothludey2)

Your credit card guarentee. If no product is delivered you don't pay your credit card bill (thats why you DON'T pay by check). But anyway, I talked to FMAX, they know of this supplier, I've also talked to him and he seems like a great guy. I highly doubt there will be any problems.

But yeah, the wait sucks!!
Old 09-22-2001, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

3 days left..only accepting orders from people who are ready to order today!!!...no cancellations accepted anymore...If you cancel as of today...I will publish your name to the rest of the group!
Old 09-22-2001, 11:19 PM
New User

mirai,
i don't know if you're up on current events, but we're in a bit of a recession...some of us have lost quite a bit of money in the stock market and others have had some bad luck in the job market.....i don't think you can blame people for pulling out of groupbuys these days. Honestly, you guys are just trying to get an $80 turbo timer for free, right? Cuz I remember that you only neede 5 people to make the groupbuy work and 10 to get the turbo timer. Besides, we have about a month and a half before most of us will see the kits...plenty of time to shop for a turbo timer.
Old 09-22-2001, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know the situation there very well, but that is not the type of reasoning I am getting. Again, I gave PLENTY of time to bail...and I even said NOT to join if there is even a slight chance of bailing...I hate hearing people using the recent unfortunate events as an excuse...because its going on 2 weeks since it happened and people are bailing today.

Again, those who have came to me early enough and had to leave because of unforeseen problem...fine...no problems...that cannot be helped...but those who found a better deal, or had a change of heart...there is no excuse! Its too late...take responsibility. you are letting down a lot of people for your own selfishh reasons.

After all the notices I gave out, bailing for no good reason is really a slap in the face to everyone who worked hard to put this together and contributrd to the buy-in.PERIOD!

[Modified by MiraiZ, 5:44 PM 9/23/2001]
Old 09-22-2001, 11:45 PM
Trial User

man,

i remember this is about the time i started finalizing my turbo kit deals too!

i didn't get it installed till december because drag took a month to get my manifold. THANKS BEN!

good luck to all you guys that are getting the kit.
Old 09-23-2001, 06:52 AM
New User

Well, like with any groupbuy, the number of people dropping out of it doesn't really surprise me. With something like a turbo kit, a fairly pricey purchase, this type of indecision is almost expected even if they decided at one point that they really wanted to go through with it. We have at least 5 people in the groupbuy, which is enuf to continue the order, however i kinda doubt we will get 10 orders for the turbo timers. If worse comes to worse and we can't afford turbo timers, we can always just sit and idle in the parking lot.
Old 09-23-2001, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well...yah...personally i really don't care whether or not I get the timer....its not like its a state of the art piece of equipment, but its more of the whole principal of the group buy. I was planning on throwing together another buy-in for a clutch kit, but my trust is wearing thin nowadays. By the way, for the 4 others who have paid and those who plan to and just haven't got around to it yet...I thank you and I will keep your names for some possible future deals!
Old 09-23-2001, 07:19 AM
New User

you guys working on this groupbuy have done a great job in putting it together...granted you didn't get all 12 or 13 orders, getting at least 5 solid orders by just posting on webboards is pretty good. I don't think you should lose too much face with the supplier, i think they probably anticipated the attrition.
Old 09-23-2001, 04:34 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, don't fret it. Rich told me today that he's happy he got the five. Granted he's not making lots of money on this but i'm sure he's happy to get the business nonetheless. Besides, he's a heck of a nice guy and takes plenty of time to assure customer satisfaction. I've been looking for someone like that to dole out all my hard earned money to. He at least takes the time to make calls and do the necessary research to make sure everything works out ok. I'll be giving him my business in the future if I can.

I can't wait for my Fmax kit.
Old 09-25-2001, 07:48 AM
New User

Default Re: FMAX Group Buy FINAL Notice!!! (GruvyTune)

Today is the last day of the f-max groupbuy!!!!
Order now or forever regret not buying.....
Old 09-25-2001, 08:51 PM
New User

I ordered mine today so count me in. I hope I don't blow the motor.
Old 09-25-2001, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FMAX Group Buy FINAL Notice!!! (DeeJay)

Sweet thanks Deejay.....c'mon guys last days...actually, our supplier is being nice...he will give you til the 1st of OCT...no more new people as of today unless you can pay right away!!
Old 09-26-2001, 06:25 AM
New User

mirai,

have you tried to post this groupbuy in other forums? i.e. preludeonline? If the groupbuy is gonna last till oct 1, does that mean our orders will delay another week?