Notices

Finished my setup, Sorta :p

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finished my setup, Sorta :p

Finally got my sh@t together and was able to start the car for the first time. It started first try and idle fine on the basemap, but aparently I didnt have the oil tee fitting in tight enough so oil started coming out of the back of the block. After we fixed that problem, we noticed it had a solid CEL and it would rev past 3k. Turned out we were using the new version of the stable map on the old version of turboedit. Once we made the same basemap with the same verisons the CEL went off, but still not able to rev past 4k. Turned out we forgot to take launch control off of the new base. We changed some AFRs on the base map to get it to idle better. Then took it off the jack stand and went for a drive. We drove it easy for a little bit watching the laptop and everything looked pretty close(or at least within a safe range) So we layed into the throttle in first. It ripped the tires lose, then same scenerio in second, then it pulled hard in third toward redline and thats when the F'n clutch started to slip. We made a few more pulls and change chips a few more times but is time for a clutch. *sigh* So anyway I was very impressed with the car and cant wait to have it tuned with a new clutch and LSD.

<u>Setup</u>
Stock LS motor/tranny
Ramhorn manifold
14b turbo (8psi, going to be 12psi once tuned)
2.5" downpipe & exhaust
Johhnyracecar FMIC
HKS Bov
DSM 450cc
Chipped PM6 w/Turboedit
EG radiator w/ 10" slim fan

<U>Parts one the way</U>
LSD motorsports: Heavy duty pressure plate w/ a 6 puck
OBX LSD

My catch can(yes im making a better one)

My homemade Boost Gauge setup
Old 12-09-2006, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finished my setup, Sorta :p (slow hatch)

looks verry hacked together i love it

reminds me of the first car i did

where are you guys finding the jrc intercoolers?? i have been having trouble finding them for a while now
Old 12-09-2006, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Finished my setup, Sorta :p (aarontrini85)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aarontrini85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks verry hacked together i love it

reminds me of the first car i did

where are you guys finding the jrc intercoolers?? i have been having trouble finding them for a while now</TD></TR></TABLE>
why do you want a jrc intercooler? You can find a much better one on ebay for less than that. I've got a jrc and i wish i didn't.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finished my setup, Sorta :p (SOHC_MShue)

bought it from a friend who bought it a while back.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finished my setup, Sorta :p (SOHC_MShue)

not to get off topic but around the chicago area i here good things about them

what kind of issues do you have with them???
Old 12-09-2006, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finished my setup, Sorta :p (aarontrini85)

they dont flow as well as another equally priced IC on ebay.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn the 14b on my car spooled fast as **** (stock z6) i cant imagine how fun that turbo would be on an LS

I would look into the evo 3 big 16g's, they're a hair bigger and flow a little more, spool pretty much the same for me, and pull a hell of alot harder to redline, especially on a higher displacement motor like yours

I upgraded from the 14b to the 16g two days ago, i ******* love it, got it off ebay works great so i guess i got lucky. plus i only paid 175 bucks for it new

this is what i have : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem
Old 12-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AbitAvenger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AbitAvenger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn the 14b on my car spooled fast as **** (stock z6) i cant imagine how fun that turbo would be on an LS

I would look into the evo 3 big 16g's, they're a hair bigger and flow a little more, spool pretty much the same for me, and pull a hell of alot harder to redline, especially on a higher displacement motor like yours</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, that was my plan if this manifold holds together Probably in another month or two. I need to redo all my suspension first.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

slow hatch,why not get JK motorsports traction bars from mike at LSD, then you can run that radiator without doing the gangster lean.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Finished my setup, Sorta :p (93supercoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they dont flow as well as another equally priced IC on ebay.</TD></TR></TABLE> Do you have proof of that? Also, most of the ebay intercoolers are MASSIVE, I like having a properly sized intercooler for my power levels, not some 650hp Core for a 250hp street machine.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hatchboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">slow hatch,why not get JK motorsports traction bars from mike at LSD, then you can run that radiator without doing the gangster lean.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually i probably still would have to turn it. The freaking manifold sits the turbo out to far and the DP comes out right where the radiator would be. Thats why it is turned and tilted. I'll probably switch to a log once this one breaks
Old 12-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finished my setup, Sorta :p (dr_latino999)

its probably not too big of a difference, but there are smaller sized ic's on ebay that would be better, like the ssac