Notices

finally boosted after a horrible first attempt

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally boosted after a horrible first attempt

i decided i wanted to go turbo so i went for a built b16 assembled by ib. the package included je pistons(received wiesco),probe rods,balanced bottom end,new gaskets/bearings/seals,portflow 3angle head,si cams,ge sleeved block. when i got the motor, the head wasn't on the motor as promised and was lacking misc. parts like sensors,cam keys,bolts,colant tube,oil cooler,etc... after finding these parts on my own, i thought my troubles were over. i put the motor in and broke it in properly. when i went to the dyno, ($185.00 down the drain)i had poor results due to a bad leak down test. after removing the motor and taking it to a good shop i found out the crank had mismatching bearings and had nasty grooves in it. the cylinders had oil stains on them from blowby due to too much debri in the block during the ib build. for 4200 dollars i expected a little more from ib. they did send me new rings, but it cost me another 400 in parts to redue the job and alot of down time. this is the second motor i got from them and the first was top notch. i'm not sure if it had anything to do with them moving shops during this period or not but i learned a valuable lesson. if you want something done right, do it yourself!!! but anyways, i'm boosted again w/my revhard 2c kit but i have to break in the motor one more time.