Notices

exhaust issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust issue

I have a 94 civic hatchback and the exhaust guy is telling me he can not put a 3 inch exhaust all the way back from the downpipe back becasue it hits the oil pan. It is a gsr motor, so any suggestions or pictures would be great

Thanks
Chris
Old 04-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: exhaust issue (eshlil)

Thats bullshit, he is either lazy or blind...

good thing you didnt ask him to do a 4in

and to prove he is full of ****, 3in from dp back, with exhaust housing on driver's side...
Old 04-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: exhaust issue (urbansi)

Any of you guys know anyone in southern Ca i went to speedway muffler surge said he couldnt do it i would still have a 2.5 inch under the oil pan then to a 3 inch.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

One of my biggest irritations is mechanics/exhaust guys that think they know everything and feel it's their obligation to try to convince you that they know everything.

I had a problem when I got my exhaust welded up, the guy argued with me about everything.

I finally just had to tell him that I know what I want, and if he's not willing to do it, then I'll take the car somewhere else. He then was like "geeze man! I'm just trying to help you out...".

Here's an idea, I know what the hell I'm doing and I didn't ask for your opinion anyways.

/rant

Old 04-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: exhaust issue (EJ1 wilcox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One of my biggest irritations is mechanics/exhaust guys that think they know everything and feel it's their obligation to try to convince you that they know everything. </TD></TR></TABLE>

My buddy brandon had a turbo D and when he brought it to an exhaust shop, the main guy argued with him and told him that the size piping after the turbo does not matter. It does not effect spool time or anything. Brandon told the guy he wanted 2.5" or larger, but when the car was finished, he had 1.5" piping....it looked like a dumptube!!

The mechanic was right though....it didn't effect anything!! A turbo D16 w/ a 14b is supposed to have full boost at 45-4800rpm

We quickly removed that POS and threw it away.....some people are so dumb
Old 04-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: exhaust issue (Schister66)

Anymore pictures on hatchbacks just so when I go to other places I know how it is setup. I got pissed off yesterday when he told me that.

thanks guys for the feedback
Old 04-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You just need to go in and tell him what you want. Tell them you have done your research, and know exactly how you want it designed.

It sucks, but in my experience, you really need to be the ******* to get what you want from these guys.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but when the car was finished, he had 1.5" piping....it looked like a dumptube!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

See, if you aren't an *******, then you will walk out of there with something that you don't want and had to pay for anyways.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: exhaust issue (EJ1 wilcox)

Damn i didnt know that most exhaust shops were all the same like that.

The same reasons that you guys are giving examples of is why i goto someone private who only really does turbo cars.

But yeah u are just going to have to tell him what you want, and when he argues just basically repeat yourself or tell him you will take it somewhere else.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: exhaust issue (urbansi)

Thats like telling the alignment shop that camber can be fixed w/ washers in the rear.

"But the manual says camber isnt adjustable, so it cant be done"

If u know what u want and are confident enough in the design, then tell them what u want, and if they dont do it, take it somewhere else.