Notices

Endyn AIR manifold problems, help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Endyn AIR manifold problems, help!

Hey, i just finished building my motor, setup consists of stock sleeve CP 9:1 pistons, Eagle Rods, ACL bearings, etc. My fan wasnt turning on, lower radiator hose was cold, so I thought it was thermostat, bought a new one, threw it in and still same thing. So I tested the old thermostat and it was fine, the only thing I can think of that is causing my problems is the way I have the coolant lines run on my AIR manifold and stock GSR TB. So I was wondering if someone had a diagram on how they suggest to run them with the remote mount IACV. I am going to try and get pics of how I have mine, but it is gonna be hard since it is so cramped. Thanks guys!
Old 12-29-2006, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Endyn AIR manifold problems, help! (RotiEatter)

You don't have an Endyn AIR manifold problem, you have air in your cooling system...

And the remote IAC mount more or less doesn't work, it doesn't respond fast enough to make up for the lines in between. If you're going to use it, keep it as close as possible to the manifold and use at least 3/8" line between it and the manifold.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Endyn AIR manifold problems, help! (tony1)

get the air out of the system if there is any
Old 12-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You don't have an Endyn AIR manifold problem, you have air in your cooling system...

And the remote IAC mount more or less doesn't work, it doesn't respond fast enough to make up for the lines in between. If you're going to use it, keep it as close as possible to the manifold and use at least 3/8" line between it and the manifold.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Another thing, Honda redesigned the B-series thermostat. I have seen a lot of problems with aftermarket thermostats (not opening, running hot).
Old 12-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You don't have an Endyn AIR manifold problem, you have air in your cooling system...

And the remote IAC mount more or less doesn't work, it doesn't respond fast enough to make up for the lines in between. If you're going to use it, keep it as close as possible to the manifold and use at least 3/8" line between it and the manifold.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats exactly what I thought air in the system, try letting the motor idle for a bit with the radiator cap off. That usualy solves the problem for me. Good luck.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Endyn AIR manifold problems, help! (Turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Another thing, Honda redesigned the B-series thermostat. I have seen a lot of problems with aftermarket thermostats (not opening, running hot). </TD></TR></TABLE>

..the Mugen low temp. thermostat seems to work nice.