Notices

EBAY TURBO SET UPS

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBAY TURBO SET UPS

ok i recently ended up buying a ebay turbo kit it came with drag style headers tubo external wastegate blow off valve everything basicaly except for oil lines payed 700 for whole kit the turbo is t3/t4 what do u guys think about ebay kits? my local shop here says its junk they wont even hook it up they say the turbos are sum cheap japn turbo that fall apart and the headers are cheap where u can see threw them when they get hot just curious on what u guys think about the ebay kits i have herd good things about them and people doing well with them im not looking for crazy horse power the set up is going to go on my crx d16z6 and only push 8 pounds basically the shop here in my town said box it up and send it back get my money back from them and there wanting to sell me a kit that runs around 2100 they say that if i stick the kit on there ill blow my engine or the kit will fall apart or that the turbo will suck my oil pump dry and not give enough to the engine and blow it bucks the comapny i ended up buying it from is now not in buisness suposibly there phone is disconected and no longer there should i put it on ebay and sell it before i mess with it any more i realy wana boost just have a low budget for doing so the the turbo is t3/t3 a/r.50 i have pics but cant seem to get them on here SOOOO WHAT DO U GUYS THINK ABOUT EBAY KITS???????

Modified by 1990hondacrx at 12:29 PM 9/27/2007
Old 09-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: EBAY TURBO SET UPS (1990hondacrx)

hp or psi does not break ebay parts, ebay parts break themselves . The kits a cheap and horrible, your taking a big gamble and I can understand why the shop does not want to be in charge .
Old 09-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EBAY TURBO SET UPS (RCautoworks)

what if i by a totaly difernt turbo? but use the rest of it?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the intercooler piping is ok to use, the bov your on a 50/50 chance, the manifold may crack, the braces may break so unless you feel like dealing with that go ahead bro!
Old 09-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Number one, how about using a period at the end of a sentence. Number two, the shop is just trying to help you out, they don't want to be responsilbe if the turbo or manifold falls apart. Do some research and piece together a kit - you can do that on a budget. GL
Old 09-27-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: EBAY TURBO SET UPS (jmm96gsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jmm96gsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Number one, how about using a period at the end of a sentence. Number two, the shop is just trying to help you out, they don't want to be responsilbe if the turbo or manifold falls apart. Do some research and piece together a kit - you can do that on a budget. GL </TD></TR></TABLE>

some people have had a great amount of success with ebay turbo kits and others have not. a lot of people assume they are crap without ever having had experience with them its all hear say. the best way is to do your research and like jimm96gsr said you can put together a much more quality kit for the same price maybe a lil more that will be far superior gl
Old 09-27-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: EBAY TURBO SET UPS (jmm96gsr)

wassup man...honestly if your on a bugget and since you already bought the kit i say use it. I personally have expirence with the ebay turbo kits and the only problem ive ever had was either a bov that leaks or a manifold that will get hair line cracks after couple months.

like i said i got personal expirence with these kits and never had a problem other than i mentioned..i got tons of friends down in the city that run ebay turbo kits and they run like champs

here are some advise i would do to have a good running ebay turbo kit \

#1 bring the manifold to a welding shop and get the welds Re-welded and brace it
#2- use a oil restrictor because if not your turbo will start to burn some oil
#3- get a set of good couplings the ones i got would splice in half after getting on it

and last but not least make sure you get a decent tune

also you can install it yourself its really not hard just need the tools and someonoe to help you out on a weekend
Old 09-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Man U FTW

save yourself the headache and buy something that isn't complete ****
Old 09-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ebay kits are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one Buy as many as you can as fast as you can
Old 09-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1990hondacrx
ok i recently ended up buying a ebay turbo kit it came with drag style headers tubo external wastegate blow off valve everything basicaly except for oil lines payed 700 for whole kit the turbo is t3/t4 what do u guys think about ebay kits? my local shop k i recently ended up buying a ebay turbo kit it came with drag style headers tubo external wastegate blow off valve everything basicaly except for oil lines payed 700 for whole kit the turbo is t3/t4 what do u guys think about ebay kits? my local shop here says its junk they wont even hook it up they say the turbos are sum cheap japn turbo that fall apart and the headers are cheap where u can see threw k i recently ended up buying a ebay turbo kit it came with drag style headers tubo external wastegate blow off valve everything basicaly except for oil lines payed 700 for whole kit the turbo is t3/t4 what do u guys think about ebay kits? my local shop here says its junk they wont even hook it up they say the turbos are sum cheap japn turbo that fall apart and the headers are cheap where u can see threw them when they get hot just curious on what u guys think about the ebay kits i have herd good things about them and people doing well with them im not looking for crazy horse power the set up is going to go on my crx d16z6 and only push 8 pounds basically the shop here in my town said box it up and send it back get my money back from them and there wanting to sell me a kit that runs around 2100 they say that if i stick the kit on there ill blow my them when they get hot just curious on what u guys think about the ebay kits i have herd good things about them and people doing well with them im not looking for crazy horse power the set up is going to go on my crx d16z6 and only push 8 pounds basically the shop here in my town said box it up and send it back get my money back from them and there wanting to sell me a kit that runs around 2100 they say that if i stick the kit on there ill blow my here says its junk they wont even hook it up they say the turbos are sum cheap k i recently ended up buying a ebay turbo kit it came with drag style headers tubo external wastegate blow off valve everything basicaly except for oil lines payed 700 for whole kit the turbo is t3/t4 what do u guys think about ebay kits? my local shop here says its junk they wont even hook it up they say the turbos are sum cheap japn turbo that fall apart and the headers are cheap where u can see threw them when they get hot just curious on what u guys think about the ebay kits i have herd good things about them and people doing well with them im not looking for crazy horse power the set up is going to go on my crx d16z6 and only push 8 pounds basically the shop here in my town said box it up and send it back get my money back from them and there wanting to sell me a kit that runs around 2100 they say that if i stick the kit on there ill blow my japn turbo that fall apart and the headers are cheap where u can see threw them when they get hot just curious on what u guys think about the ebay kits i have herd good things about them and people doing well with them im not looking for crazy horse power the set up is going to go on my crx d16z6 and only push 8 pounds basically the shop here in my town said box it up and send it back get my money back from them and there wanting to sell me a kit that runs around 2100 they say that if i stick the kit on there ill blow my engine or the kit will fall apart or that the turbo will suck my oil pump dry and not give enough to the engine and blow it bucks the comapny i ended up buying it from is now not in buisness suposibly there phone is disconected and no longer there should i put it on ebay and sell it before i mess with it any more i realy wana boost just have a low budget for doing so the the turbo is t3/t3 a/r.50 i have pics but cant seem to get them on here SOOOO WHAT DO U GUYS THINK ABOUT EBAY KITS???????

Modified by 1990hondacrx at 12:29 PM 9/27/2007
what?
Old 09-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn thats alot of writing
Old 09-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stockb18c)

i will buy that kit.Serious.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93supercoupe)

I will sell the whole turbo kit with a radiator out of a 95 civic and a d16z6 head the oil line kit boost guage and all for 1,100 obo
Old 09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So the common consensus is that eBay turbos suck... But what about charge piping kits?? ie: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...sting
Old 09-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C_EJ8)

Ebay started making products? Last time i checked, I see name brand on there also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

Besides that, If its YOUR car... build it to YOUR budget. If your goal is to spend 10,000 into your $1,000 honda... just to be low balled when you sell it. Go ahead. But its your choice.

do some search and you shoudl find some more answers besides, Ebay parts give you a double chin and herpes
Old 09-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C_EJ8)

happy biding guys

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...h=008
Old 09-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there is no way I am reading all of that, but the only problem with those ebay kits are mostly the turbo's and mani's...

which I know a person who bought a xspower kit and is running 16lbs on a stock b16 and has yet to have ANY problems, and its almost going on a year.. I am not saying that you'll have the same chances / luck.

but face the facts, wether you have a ebay kit or an actuall greddy, hks kit, you should make sure you have money to replace any thing that goes wrong, just because its not a name brand doesn't mean it wont do the same function, just liability(sp)
Old 09-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Couple of things
1) If you are buying an ebay turbo kit for $700, that means you will be replacing everything on that kit at least once with the exception of the piping. Woopty doo
2) Since you are planning on using that kit its most likely that you cant afford when **** breaks or when you blow your motor.. Turbos arent for people with 1k budget.. you will learn soon enough
3) If you plan on using this kit. PLEASE do not cheap out at least on engine managment. Use Hondata , chrome, or something besides an fmu
4) Save some money. Get rid of the kit
Old 09-28-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: EBAY TURBO SET UPS (civicsi13)

so far 2 cars with ebay kits.. 2 diff crx's.. both stock single cam motors with a 57 trim ebay turbo and all ebay parts.. one ran 12.7 spinning slicks till 3rd gear and other ran 11's... never had a problem with any of it.. the " ram" style SS mani will crack if its hot and u get it wet.. other than that i had no problems with any of it and both cars were daily drivers for months.. just install it right and u wont have a problem usually.. i have seen a few ebay turbos though that have bad seals out of the box but not all..
Old 09-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

punctuation?
Old 09-28-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: (ryan89crx)

def. stay away from ebay kits, and im telling you this from experiance. I picked up an ssac kit for my LS from a buddy for 500 bucks.. it was fine the first 800 miles, untill the wastegate broke apart from the manifold itself. not on a weld, but on the collector. I welded it up, and it just cracked again tonight after a week. what a pile of ****. i'm not complaining, because i was expecting it to happen. its your choice...
Old 09-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boostmywankle)

not to sound dumb or anything. But that $3,000 you saved on the kit, why not order a cast manifold or a reliable manifold from a vendor here.

some people cant afford to spend a lot nor do that want much. They more than likely just want to go from 15s to 13's... enough to make them smile ear to ear. Shoot... most people are happy by hearing the turbo spool and the BOV dump.

you have $20 hamburgers and you have $0.89 cent hamburgers.

you have sit in restruants and you have drive through windows.

This is America and things should be made for lower, middle and high class. Not just for rich people. sorry but thats my view.

Modified by JDMs1eeper at 9:56 PM 9/28/2007
Old 09-28-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: (JDMs1eeper)

i'm def. looking into just getting a cast manifold right now. everything else is holding up fine but the manifold. oh well
Old 09-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boostmywankle)

yeah the manifolds do suck. I've had to temp. fix about 15-20 due to material failure.

If you tune is slightly off (ETs), it'll make the manifold seem as brittle as ceramic.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: (JDMs1eeper)

yup.. it was braced and everything..oh well what can you do. im gunna rip it off...and temp. fix it for now till i get a cast.

Quick Reply: EBAY TURBO SET UPS