Notices

ebay kit(searched got nothing)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay kit(searched got nothing)

ok so i just saw this kit on ebay. i hear alot of people run the ssauto kits, but their manifold scares me. so after looking around i saw this kit with a cast manifold. i was wondering if anyone is running this set up or has any info on it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem
Old 03-07-2007, 04:57 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: ebay kit(searched got nothing) (boraVr)

r you serious????you looked at the kit and the only thing that scared you was the manifold? how bout the actual turbo itself(internals cheap parts???)
Old 03-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That is just scary to look at. That manifold looks like a bad copy of a Greddy cast piece; the wastegate placement is horrid.

The turbo is a typical Ebay piece. If you buy it, get the seals/guts replaced with normal Garrett pieces.

I would just spend a bit more elsewhere, get good stuff.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:08 AM

the whole overall kit is G.A.R.B.A.G.E
Old 03-07-2007, 06:13 AM

how many of you guys have acually seen or ran one of these ebay turbo kits?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought an ebay turbo. it lasted 27 miles and then the compressor wheel exploded. no exaggeration.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how could you have found nothing?!?!

I've said it 1000 times by now...these kits are garbage which you shoudl be able to tell by the price on the damn thing
Old 03-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

manifold seems to hold up fine...

-turbo is a turd (well, some hve luck some dont, at least run an oil restrictor)
-from my experience, the boost controller is junk
-i wouldnt use the boost guage, because its too important to have a good one
-the piping will most likely need to be cut some and refitted to work perfect
-the wastegate is a toss up, but should work fine (altho proly wont be sprung for the amoutn of boost they say it is)
-the couplers are thin, but work fine, tbolts work fine...
-and the front moutn will work fine
-the bov should work fine also...

it really depends on your hp goals on some of it too...

dont expect much customer service, altho i had a friend buy that boost controller and it didnt work from day 1 and they let him keep it and gave him a refund lol...
Old 03-07-2007, 07:36 AM

turbo applicatinos were never meant to be cheap, quality isthe only way to go, if you have ot cheap out go with all motor, turbo isnt your scene. you will end up spending 10xs more doing it the wrong way than spending xxxx and doing it the right way the first time
Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay kit(searched got nothing) (b18sihatch)

Anytime someone post up the SSAC or any other ebay turbo kit, their monitor should blow up or something.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Man U FTW

This hobby costs a lot and people underestimate that.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

i understand all the garbage you all keep saying. but my question was how is the kit? its easy to say its garbage but have you ran the kit? if not your opinion isnt really valid. i could look at anything and say its garbage, but without any personal experience it doesnt mean shi*. i just read trough the ssac thread and people had had alot of good setups, yea some bad but whos to say that wouldnt happen with a greddy kit?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:09 AM

that is one ofthe truest statements ever.

people think they can just jump into the FI world and just go, and they dont understand that relieability lies within the parts you use for your motor and turbo kit, and short cuts cost more than doing it right the first time.

it amazes me that even tho there are like a billion post about ebay setups and billions of people said they are junk , there are still people trying to buy them.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Man U FTW

Go ahead and waste your money....tell us how it works. No i havent run the kit, are you retarded?? I bought ONLY parts that were built by companies like Garrett, Tial, RC, Exedy, and so forth. I'm not about to waste my time with a setup that "might" last. I dont like to gamble.

One thing i've learned which is something you should listen to and take to heart. Spend the money and do things right the first time or dont do them at all. Everything that i tried to save money on with my first setup is being replaced. I would have saved myself more money in the long run by buying what i wanted/needed originally rather than making due with what i wanted to buy. Having said that, my setup was pretty stout.

If you want to buy the SSAC kit and see if it works for you, all i say is good luck and let us know what happens. The reason we're all so hardcore about this subject is that we've seen a number of people have serious problems with this setup and we want others to avoid the same problems.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:13 AM

Default Re: (boraVr)

draw your own conclusions from it, you have to have expierence with quality to know something that isnt quality.

a company that exploits people to make a buck is that something you really want to support?

tial puts thousands of dollars into research and devlopment into their products and you have cheap chinda knock offs come in, drop the price of their crappy product to sell to people who want the looks of tial but not the engineering.

you dont ave to have personal expierence with the kit to know its garbage, how can you trust a turbo that is a knock off? cheap internals,cheap wheels all around cheap.

anyone with common sense will tell you a knock off turbo is garbage, and a turbokit revolves around the TURBO, so if its garbage what is it to say about the rest of the kit?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you look the manifold picture after the description is says "B16 Manifold (keep AC and steering wheel)" -----> damm u can keep your steering wheel WTF

These ebay sellers don't give two ***** about what they are selling they just wanna get paid and they feed off of people who either don't give a **** or don't know wtf they are doing.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Man U FTW

Default Re: (dizzyek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dizzyek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you look the manifold picture after the description is says "B16 Manifold (keep AC and steering wheel)" -----&gt; damm u can keep your steering wheel WTF

These ebay sellers don't give two ***** about what they are selling they just wanna get paid and they feed off of people who either don't give a **** or don't know wtf they are doing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good points...

It would be pretty bad if you couldn't keep your steering wheel....lol
Old 03-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go ahead and waste your money....tell us how it works. No i havent run the kit, are you retarded??
</TD></TR></TABLE>

never said i was going to buy it. i was just curious, i always see ssac threads never one for this. i love how the same people keep responding to this thread. better watch what you say, never know who might have a close family member who might be mentally handicapped. choose your words wisely and dont be some ebully!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:39 AM

so out of all these replies only one has used and has actual experience with ebay turbo stuff.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (joshfish79)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joshfish79 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so out of all these replies only one has used and has actual experience with ebay turbo stuff.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have had over 10 customers bring me their car with ebay turbo kits.
Several have had the exhaust manifolds crack
90% of them have the turbo fail within the first 500 miles

The kit listed in this thread shows a cast manifold that may work just fine.

You get what you pay for, bottom line.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i like how the pics show a greddy bov but in the listing it says hks bov?????? anyone catch that
Old 03-07-2007, 12:09 PM

i used it on my y7 and ran a 12.3 @116 and its holding up fine on my buddys car to this day same exact kit .. didnt use oil restrictor.. i think those kits are great except for the turbo .. the turbo is a hit or miss sometimes i win sometimes u loose owell take a chance and buy a brand name turbo later
Old 03-07-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: (THEDirtyDseriesWOOT)

I am personally using an ebay kit right now, im not saying there great, im just going to tell u what i have, so people dont start with ur negative replies, im just answering the question for him. I did have to cut the charge pipes, i had to reposition the downpipe, i have been driving it for 8months , and no problem, had to change the wastegate, kind of my fault though, its a t3/t4 , .63 A/R, .50 A/R, its a boosted stock LS, i did 255whp and 238wt @13psi, 210whp, 208wt @9 psi, 237whp,243wt @ 11psi, i dont regret buying the kit, but i also got really lucky,because with all the expletive ups that come with the kit, if i had to pay someone to install it, it would have cost me alot of money.That was with a 2.5" exhaust that bottle necks into a 2".
Old 03-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Man U FTW

i'm not going to argue with anyone about this crap anymore....if you want to try it and you're so hell bent on doing it, then go right ahead. At the end of the day, my car will still run while you're having problems with the cheapo Chinese turbo setup that you decided to buy.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:36 PM

Ebay turbo kit = junk.
You get what you pay for.
Just know that these people are getting rich off all you cheapskates.

Quick Reply: ebay kit(searched got nothing)