Notices

Eagle rod part numbers

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eagle rod part numbers

Good evening honda-tech. I am having a small dilema here. I purchased used Eagle rods from a member here last March. I immediately noticed that the part numbers were different but thought nothing of it because the member advised me that his friend had run them. Three of the rods have 5394-BH0 and one has CRS 5394-B. In July when I went to put the engine together, I ran into an issue with the one rod that had a different part number. The crank would not spin with that rod installed. It turned over just fine with it out. I couldn't find the seller's info so I considered it a loss. I ordered some new rods and had no problem.

About a month ago, I noticed the member that I purchased the rods from in the classified section so I dropped him a PM informing him of my problem. I assumed that he mistakenly put the other rod in another box. He said he would double-check but later returned saying he got them secondhand from another user. He said he would try and find a rod that matched the part numbers of the three that I have. He was unable to do that, so he asked what I wanted to do. I asked if we could make a trade where I return the rods and he give me something of equal value. He replied that he didn't have many honda parts left over. After another few days I asked that he refund me since we could not come to any other solution. I gave him the date and payment method that was made. His response was

"Dude I can't give you anything cause it's been almost a year.. I've looked the rod numbers up you give me many times and it comes back as ls rods so don't know what to tell you...

I am a reasonable person, so I am asking that anyone with experience with Eagle Rods please assist me in verifying what these rods go to. I am not assuming that I am correct and that he is wrong, but I do not want to put these up for sale if someone else is going to have the same problem that I did. Thanks for reading. Give me your thoughts!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Eagle rod part numbers

http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/b-seri...-rod-help.html

is that the seller?

If you have time during the day and you dont get any answers right off here... call EAGLE. someone correct me if I am wrong but I think their number is 662-796-7373.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^that's what I did when I had a ?^^^^
Got an answer in less than a minute.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by twkdCD595
http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/b-seri...-rod-help.html

is that the seller?

If you have time during the day and you dont get any answers right off here... call EAGLE. someone correct me if I am wrong but I think their number is 662-796-7373.
I'm honestly not sure. The screen name is different but it seems too close to my situation to be merely a coincidence. If you notice the timeline, right around the time when the questions and bumps stopped, I purchased them.

I will try and call Eagle today on my lunch break and see what they have to say on the matter. Thanks for your input!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

have you them yet... and the different one?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sh4k3r
have you them yet... and the different one?
He is still waiting for that lunch break 3 years later...
Old 08-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Stupid noobs