Notices

dyno tuning in OHIO?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dyno tuning in OHIO?

is there anywhere worth a sh*t. im in columbus and need to do some turbo tuning. i would like some place that can help me out a little since this is the 1st turbo car i have tunned..

i willing to drive a bit..

platinum.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:44 AM
a/k/a Jomo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (platinum00)

KS Motorsports

They are in Centerville. (937) 291-9430
Old 07-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (Mr Milano)

tight , thanks man

what kinda dyno do they have. and are they authorized hondata junkies'

i guess i can call.. thanks again

anywhere else...
Old 07-10-2003, 10:53 AM

Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (Mr Milano)

Uh, I don't think they are a shop, just retail. Kyle, has something changed?
Old 07-10-2003, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (Farnsrocket)

if you want to drive to detroit, you could check out http://www.payntechnologies.com
Hondata dealer too...
Old 07-10-2003, 11:41 AM

Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (Farnsrocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Farnsrocket &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Uh, I don't think they are a shop, just retail. Kyle, has something changed? </TD></TR></TABLE>

ya..hahaha..when did you get the dyno in kyle

your best bet is Payn tech......overpriced but o well....unless you want to drive 8 hours to get some of the nj/ny guys on here to do it.

or be liek farns and buy a wideband and start datalogging
Old 07-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (CzanSOHC)

o and while im at it

what is the best way to tune the cam gear.

i was thinking get max power you can from tuning at 0, then adjust the cam to try and get a little more. or shoudl i do it differently..

Old 07-10-2003, 11:48 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platinum00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">o and while im at it

what is the best way to tune the cam gear.

i was thinking get max power you can from tuning at 0, then adjust the cam to try and get a little more. or shoudl i do it differently..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

this on a SOHC? don't think it really worth it IMO. where do you live?...i'm in Columbus.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (CzanSOHC)

yea im in columbus as well.

what you rollin in...
Old 07-10-2003, 12:39 PM

there isnt **** in ohio really...theres quite a few dynos but no one i would trust with my car really...MAYBE buschur but thats only with aem (they are a certified aem tuner) or with a dsm....for honda, ide prolly just go with payn.

what kind of engine manegment are you gonna be tuning with?
Old 07-10-2003, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (gritsak)

just a vafc hack for now. nothing good..

what setup should i get.

s200, or something.. what about ghetoodyne or these uberchips.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platinum00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just a vafc hack for now. nothing good..

what setup should i get.

s200, or something.. what about ghetoodyne or these uberchips.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if your just gonna be tuning an vafc then you can prolly do it yourself if you are familiar with it...i would offer to help but i dont wanna mess up your car lol...ive tuned on a dyno w/wideband my old supra and took it from starting out at 480whp and took it to 650whp (with more boost of course)

they are really easy to tune, all you would do is tune in the high throttle map around when boost come on start trying to get the a/f around 11.5:1 - 12:1

as far as what engine managment in the future ide prolly go with the s200..seems like lots of people have success with it and its fairly easy to work with.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (gritsak)

yea i was thinking that. but i need a wideband o2. also why would i only tune the high throttle map. what if im under boost at low throttle.

another thing. sorry im new to this tuning thing. if i get a wideband, and replace my original for tuning, im gussing i wont be able to tune it correctly because doesnt the ecu change soem timing and fuel cures from the 02 reading. i was thinking of welding a 2nd hole for a bung .

a/f wont read right unless i have a wideband correct.

anyone is more then welcome to help. any knowledge on turbo tuning is better then mine.

free beer and you get to beat up on a civic.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platinum00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i was thinking that. but i need a wideband o2. also why would i only tune the high throttle map. what if im under boost at low throttle.

another thing. sorry im new to this tuning thing. if i get a wideband, and replace my original for tuning, im gussing i wont be able to tune it correctly because doesnt the ecu change soem timing and fuel cures from the 02 reading. i was thinking of welding a 2nd hole for a bung .

a/f wont read right unless i have a wideband correct.

anyone is more then welcome to help. any knowledge on turbo tuning is better then mine.

free beer and you get to beat up on a civic. </TD></TR></TABLE>

on widebands you weld in a second bung and the wideband has its own heat unit and display (if you get one) totally separate from the factory o2 sensor...you keep the factory o2 in place, the wideband doesnt even get wired into the ecu at all unless you tap into a rpm wire for datalogging

most dyno places also have a wideband at the shop you can use...theres a place called colletti motorsports in centerville ohio (like 20min away from me in dayton) that has a dyno with wideband. thats where i tuned my supra at. they really dont know whats going on too much with tuning but they have a dyno w/wbo2 so thats all that matters i guess.

you would only tune high throttle map because under most conditiops the stock o2 sensor is getting feedback and adjusting the fuel curve, but once it goes into open loop (which would be full throttle, maybe above a certain rpm)then you would start tuning there.

i could prolly help you out on your car if you want. if you took it to the place i mentioned, colletti i could defintely..

if i were you and have the money i would just buy a wbo2 setup. they are pretty $$ but well worth it. ive got an fjo wideband kit on my dsm and its awsome
Old 07-10-2003, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platinum00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
free beer and you get to beat up on a civic. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nothin in the world like free beer and beatin on cars Setting up a vafc hack is pretty easy for the low boost levels you wanna run. You can find good guidlines for initial settings using search on this board. Take it to a dyno and using their wideband tune it yourself or w/ a friend. I've also heard good things about Colletti, what about Passen Motorsports. There is a nice Mustang Dyno at Pauls Automotive Engineering in cincy, they specialize in stangs (nationally recognized). Kinda partial to tuning on MD's. Payn also does a good job tuning, I've made that drive twice w/ my car. If you go Hondata sometime you should consider Payn.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:31 PM

Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (GITWIDIT)

Passen is awful...stay away from that **** hole...they are clueless...i could help you out with your VAFC hack cuase i used to run it in my car but got tired of it( it's not good) and now I have Hondata s200...just waiting for a few more things then i'll be making a trip to Payn.

Old 07-10-2003, 07:36 PM
New User

i just had someone drive out to me from Toledo. A bit of a trip....
Old 07-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (GruvyTune)

How far of a drive was that from Toledo, I'm in cincy. Do you prefer tuning on a mustang dyno, dynojet, dynapack, or pure street? Just wonderin.....
Old 07-10-2003, 09:56 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (trboCIVIC&WRX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trboCIVIC&WRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you want to drive to detroit, you could check out http://www.payntechnologies.com
Hondata dealer too...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was going to say Payn too, but they are technically in Troy Michigan, not Detroit.

What you pay for is what you get. The only problem poeple seem to have about Payn is their cost.. but not their results. Payn is a nice place, Tom is a nice guy. Matt is too.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (Snafu-Si)

i already got the hack in place and runnig 7psi. i just got that intercooler and i guess you can run ~10.6 or so semi-safly, that's all im looking for right now. the one thing i wish i would have done is sleeve my block when i built it. how much boost at the stock sleeves hold with a block guard. i would like max out the td04 which i think is around 1 bar. and upgrade to a t3/t4 soon. but im sure going to need some sort or stand alone.

i guess for now im just shotting for 10 psi. i dont wanan blow my sh*t. so you think it's safe to run it just the vafc.

passen motorsports is close to me. but they are the worst place ever. there customer service is the worst, and they know nothing about what they are selling. if anyone goes there. DONT&gt;

i could prolly come up with a couple hundred bucks for a wideband setup. which is best. or does it matter. AEM &gt;&gt;
Old 07-11-2003, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

does this payn place tune it for you. or just let you use there stuff.

what is there pricing and how long is the average tune..
Old 07-11-2003, 04:44 AM
New User

Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (GITWIDIT)

9hr from toledo.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no not how long it takes to get there.

how long does it take to tune the car.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:09 AM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GruvyTune &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">9hr from toledo.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe on the slow BUS!!!!!!!!!

Cincy to southside of the D, 3 hours and 250 miles.
3.5 hours from Cincy to 9 Mile if driven at the right time (night!)

FYI after 26 miles into MI on I75, the road goes to hell!!!!!

Think I make this trip often?
Old 07-11-2003, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dyno tuning in OHIO? (Mista Bone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mista Bone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Maybe on the slow BUS!!!!!!!!!

Cincy to southside of the D, 3 hours and 250 miles.
3.5 hours from Cincy to 9 Mile if driven at the right time (night!)

FYI after 26 miles into MI on I75, the road goes to hell!!!!!

Think I make this trip often?</TD></TR></TABLE>
If you read earlier in the thread Gruvytune said someone drove to him from Toledo. I asked him how far of a drive it was. He was saying it's 9 hrs from Toledo to him, not to Payn.
First time I drove back from Payn's tuned we made it in 3 hrs (took 5 to limp our **** there).

Quick Reply: dyno tuning in OHIO?