Notices

dont no wat to do with motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dont no wat to do with motor

so yea i open a couple threads bout my new 2000 EK. it has a D16Y8 Vtec motor it is a SOHC, bone stock. i got the car from an old lady. it is 5 speed an a coupe. wat should i do bout a motor. should i keep the motor in it or wat motor do u guys think would be perfect for my daily car, but race car by night. this is a thread to give me ur opinions on wat motor i should get. my HP dream goal is 600hp which i no i wont get in a SOHC (idk if i actually can but if u no its possible please tell me) but i will be happy with 500hp.
please tell me ur opinions on wat i should do
money is not an issue. my parents gave me a 20,000 limit so yea. and dont ask me y i didnt get a faster car already with that money. i paid for the EK for 3000 with my own money, for a graduation present i get this amount of money instead of a trip to some boring *** place.
so yea please tell me ur opinions on wat i should do or should i keep the motor
Old 06-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: dont no wat to do with motor

Drop your car off at CFT or T1 in texas and hand them the 20k, and pick it up when they call you to say its done. /thread
Old 06-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: dont no wat to do with motor

personally id put that loot down on a house. i bought my house first then did my car. and glad i did.

also:

4. Tech related posts only
-No off-topic posts will be allowed. Use your common sense on this one. Do not create a thread with the purpose of something OT then later add something technical to it. There is also a forum specifically for Appearance/Cosmetic.
-Do not make threads listing your set-up then asking us what you should do next. It's your car, not ours. Everyone will list something completely different.
-Do not ask us how much your car is worth. Threads that offer to pay someone money for who ever diagnoses their problem are also not allowed.
-Do not start threads that can potentially start a flame war such as ‘Should I go with Company X or Company Y’? Blatantly obvious threads that are made to specifically show-boat a company’s product for free publicity are also not allowed unelss it has technical merit.
-No posts from companies listing public pricing.
-No bickering, flaming, name calling, or personal threats.
-No more calling out of people/shops/merchants for means of communication. Handle them In pm's. future threads will be locked or moved.

5. SEARCH FEATURE
Learn to do a search. Many times you can find the answers to redundant questions by just searching. When searching, simply enter your key words, choose the forced induction forum, then you may need to try both Recent content and Archived content for your data set. Choosing the archived content will usually end up with more results. Please also do not respond to threads with simply ‘search’ as answers.