Notices
AWD Conversion Forum This forum is to help with the recent advent of new AWD conversions. Got a question? Ask it here. Got an answer? Drop the knowledge here

DA-NINE's PTE6870 AWD Integra build thread - updated for 2019

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default re: DA-NINE's PTE6870 AWD Integra build thread - updated for 2019

with 44 chamber u get 12.2:1 compression..thats a nice setup
Old 03-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a thread I made way back when, when I used to be a die hard NA'er lol....expensive way to go slow for Honda's as it has been best said but they made my thread a sticky and so if you dont like the Zeal stuff of what ever else you have than you can do the math your self based on the math provided ....

https://honda-tech.com/all-motor-nat...ation-2476094/
Old 03-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HGEJ2
with 44 chamber u get 12.2:1 compression..thats a nice setup
yep, its a 47 with a with a taller deck gsr block which drops it.
Originally Posted by DC_Legacy
Here's a thread I made way back when, when I used to be a die hard NA'er lol....expensive way to go slow for Honda's as it has been best said but they made my thread a sticky and so if you dont like the Zeal stuff of what ever else you have than you can do the math your self based on the math provided ....

https://honda-tech.com/all-motor-nat...ation-2476094/
Im gonna plug my values in and see what i end up with.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DA-NINE
Im gonna plug my values in and see what i end up with.
You get the same result as with the Zeal Calc in the case where you take the same values from whats in your screenshot but try CC'ing the combustion chambers and use a dial bore gauge for the P2D clearance to see what you get compared to the assumed tolerances
Old 03-03-2015, 03:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You get the same result as with the Zeal Calc in the case where you take the same values from whats in your screenshot but try CC'ing the combustion chambers and use a dial bore gauge for the P2D clearance to see what you get compared to the assumed tolerances
I need to find a graduated cylinder to cc my head. Thanks for the tip
Old 03-03-2015, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I need to find a graduated cylinder to cc my head. Thanks for the tip
Ah yeah...haha, forgot about that...when I did it before my machinist loaned me his....full glass graduated cyl....felt like a chemist with it
Old 03-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Ah yeah...haha, forgot about that...when I did it before my machinist loaned me his....full glass graduated cyl....felt like a chemist with it
Old 03-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7
Looks like a moroso 5 quart fool
Looks totally different after its been painted/coated lol.

If you haven't yet I'd look into the Teflon fingered zero clearance crank scraper and windage tray from crankscrapers.com. it does an amazing job of keeping oil off the crank reducing parasitic drag, eliminates almost all of the windage from the crankcase (also reduces the amount of oil vapors your catch can will suck up), and helps keep the oil in the pan. People have seen an efficiency increase (mpg), the motor revs a bit faster, reduced emissions, lower oil aeration, etc.

I plan on using one on my Honda motors and my sr20s. We use one on the z06 with amazing results. The Honda guys that run them have nothing but positive things to say. Only reason I mentioned it it's like me you are very efficiency oriented and the name of your build will end up being efficiency.

Also is it weird if I've debated taking a mild compression b16 block and putting a ported and built p8r head on it along with a twin scroll evo based turbo and have a super fun 300hp motor that revs to the moon. Would definitely make for an interesting street/mountain car and is certain to **** people offlol
Old 03-03-2015, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
LMFAO.....yup
Old 03-16-2015, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not much to talk about, ordered an 18 dollar head gasket to check my clearances, thats about have to check my p2v, then button it up for good.

studs in

clay

tdc set with my paper print out degree wheel xD
Old 03-16-2015, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Doorman plug and h22 water fittings for crankcase ventilation

Old 03-17-2015, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good **** man, can't wait to see how this will perform.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DA-NINE Your set up is almost identical to mine.
I am using the same Manifold and Turbo. You might have to clock that compressor a lot more in order to clear intercooler piping if you are using a full size radiator.
I am almost finish with assembly on my car but it is in a dc shell and I will retain my AC
hopefully. I will definitely sub to this to see how you progress and lets see how your 2 litre spools it compared to my 1.8. My set up internally is Carrillo rods wiseco pistons and I am around 10.5 compression on a ported p75 head with crower 404 cams.
I drove it around for about 2000 miles before parking it to do all the turbo install and after a few street tunes it was a completely different animal just on motor compared to a stock LS. This should be a very fun build as boost should come in with the 9cm housing, I noticed you calculated a 9cm to be about .60 AR when it should be about .65 if I remember correctly.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:17 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The big question is have you fixed the intake manifold yet?
Old 03-17-2015, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wantboost
The big question is have you fixed the intake manifold yet?
Fixed? You mean the casting variations? Yea is already been addressed.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You end up CC'ing everything to get an idea on your compression minus what the calculators said?
Old 04-06-2015, 03:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You end up CC'ing everything to get an idea on your compression minus what the calculators said?
I did but cant find the sheet with my math on it.

I did however get my fuel injectors, clutch and other odds and ends to hang the motor in the car. Ended up with a set of Southbay Fuel injectors 1000cc's. Planning on running a walboro 450lph with a high base pressure.

Everything is starting to pick up now. have to pump whatever old gas is out of the tank of the car and lay the harness on the motor. should be running by this upcoming weekend if things go smoothly.

Injectors and rail

push locks all the way around

And when 2 of the studs in the exhaust manifold side of the head decided to give up.

helicoiled and back in action

Had to free the car from the ground, re-routed the light harness, installed my spare clutch master since the old one was rusted solid internally, and dropped the motor in.

the intake is not in place one of my friends thought it looked cool.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any special considerations with the intake? I will be going that route in the near future.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any special considerations with the intake? I will be going that route in the near future.
I have yet to decide on an intake or exhaust route.

If I were to use a head light opening i wouldnt really be able to run a filter other than a screen which i am not a fan of.

Second option would be to run a filter in a sealed box of some sort into the drivers side above the frame rail and use the opening to feed it.

Third option is to open up the hole in the frame rail and mount the filter in behind the bumper on the drivers side.

As far as exhaust I am thinking of just doing an up pipe with a recirculated dump pipe car is by no means a daily driver. second option would be out the side of the bumper.

up pipe will probably be the best as far as noise, either side exit and it will be bouncing off cars next to you along with barriers.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:15 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

As far as exhaust I am thinking of just doing an up pipe with a recirculated dump pipe car is by no means a daily driver. second option would be out the side of the bumper.

up pipe will probably be the best as far as noise, either side exit and it will be bouncing off cars next to you along with barriers.
I'd be careful of that idea really, especially if the car is going as semi-street status, where you plan to park and a lot of people are around. There are a LOT of Honda haters out there, and an upipe-style exhaust is just asking for someone to drop a bolt, screw, piece of anything into that up-pipe, rendering your turbine wheel of the turbo useless. Even at start up.

I've had a few people with microscreens over their upipes attached to the hood, to help at least deter this type of malicious behaviour, but it only works as good as the screen does and how often its shown off.

The worst ones to worry about are always the ones that come smilein' at ya' first..
Old 04-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
I'd be careful of that idea really, especially if the car is going as semi-street status, where you plan to park and a lot of people are around. There are a LOT of Honda haters out there, and an upipe-style exhaust is just asking for someone to drop a bolt, screw, piece of anything into that up-pipe, rendering your turbine wheel of the turbo useless. Even at start up.

I've had a few people with microscreens over their upipes attached to the hood, to help at least deter this type of malicious behaviour, but it only works as good as the screen does and how often its shown off.

The worst ones to worry about are always the ones that come smilein' at ya' first..
and with that i no longer want an up pipe, thanks for the insight. probably passenger side out of the bumper or something of that nature.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Rain would be a big issue too as you mentioned mother nature...as far as using a headlight intake, I think most any DC owner has considered this at one point but like you pointed out, if I were to do this I would want to route the incoming charge to a box that could allow particles and moister to runoff while giving the airfilter its own plenum encloser if you can picture how this would work....similar to a breather box kinda...baffling may be needed to prevent soaking the air filter if your caught driving through rainy weather....
Old 04-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan

Dang now you are scaring me about running no bumper on my setup D:
Old 04-17-2015, 03:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

People are ******** indeed. Only way I would run a hood exit is to have a flap on it I could put a padlock on or something. Maybe a screen even? Really sad =/
Old 04-20-2015, 04:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

People are ******** indeed. Only way I would run a hood exit is to have a flap on it I could put a padlock on or something. Maybe a screen even? Really sad =/
yeah one persons idiocy could kill your turbo and then some.

Got the motor in and running this weekend, fabbed my downpipe to side exit, just have to wrap it now. all the charge piping is done, trans seems to shift well so far,and the only leak i have is where my line to the oil pressure gauge cracked and started pissing everywhere....

Downpipe

mocking up the wastegate dump

Clears the clutch slave bleeder and the radiator just fine, pretty happy with my shitty welding

video was on a crap basemap with no wideband cranked over quickly after priming it.

Quick Reply: DA-NINE's PTE6870 AWD Integra build thread - updated for 2019