Notices

Couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of questions

I just finished my motor and drag install and have a couple of questions that i am hoping you guys can help me with. First off when i started the car to let the motor idle and rings set i was watching my newly installed greddy EGT gauge and it is not working. The light is working on it but i am not getting a temp reading. I think it is the ignition wire (orange wire). Could someone let me know where they have it wired in? Next i am running the afc hack until i get my hondata in a couple of wks. Everything is idling and running find, what i need to know on the afc there is a setting where you have to pick the # of cylinders your car has and also the throttle signal. Could someone let me know what throttle signal to use. i would appreciate it .
Old 10-03-2002, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Couple of questions (dwilson)

Depending on where your egt sensor is mounted you might not get a signal at idle. You have to put a little bit of a load on the motor to build some heat.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Couple of questions (tony1)

exactly at idle unless the car is REAL warm you get no signal, you need load or to drive for at least a good minute...
Old 10-03-2002, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Couple of questions (shadowdawn)

even if the car is fully warmed up. My stock temp gauge was showing where it should be. Shadowdawn i trying your settings as well, since i seen you had your car dynoed. I know cars vary but i figured it would be somewhat close. Also do you know what your throttle signal is set for? There is one with the arrow slanted up one with it slanted down and then one that has ** if you are not provided a throttle signal
Old 10-04-2002, 03:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Couple of questions (dwilson)

ttt