Notices

Couple Questions....

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 07:37 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple Questions....

Hi,
I am planning on turbo'ing my 2000 LS Integra. The motor has 90,000 KM's on it and I am only planning on making 250-275whp so I figure the internals should be good as long as I don't beat the crap out of it. I am pretty sure I will need cams and lifters but do you guys think I need to port and polish the head? Also what kind of axles and clutch do you guys suggest for general street use at this hp? And I think the general concesous is that the Uberdata and the Hondata are the best for engine mangement but which would you suggest for this application? Any other suggestions for weak links I should upgrade would be great as well. Thanks,.

Ben
Old 12-06-2004, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Couple Questions.... (Team Underground Teg)

you can run the Crower turbo cams and upgrade your valvetrain. You don't have to port your head. Stock is just fine. I've seen some people made 475whp on stock head. You can get the ACT Xtreme pressure plate w/ street disc, this clutch is all you need. You can keep your stock axles. A lot of people here ran 10's w/ stock axles as long as you know how to use them at the track. If you want to upgrade them, go w/ Gator axles. Contact Flamenco-t or Stan for the axles. I suggest to get the Hondata S200b.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Couple Questions.... (boostedb20vtec)

All that was stated above is great, but the engine management all depends on your pocket. If you have the extra cash to shell out for hondata then do so if spending more cash gives you a better feeling about a product, but if you want something that is about as good as hondata for a whole lot less check into uberdata, program is free and with a lil more cash to get ur ecu chipped your well on your way.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Couple Questions.... (FOrSfEd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team Underground Teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi,
I am planning on turbo'ing my 2000 LS Integra. The motor has 90,000 KM's on it and I am only planning on making 250-275whp so I figure the internals should be good as long as I don't beat the crap out of it. I am pretty sure I will need cams and lifters but do you guys think I need to port and polish the head? Also what kind of axles and clutch do you guys suggest for general street use at this hp? And I think the general concesous is that the Uberdata and the Hondata are the best for engine mangement but which would you suggest for this application? Any other suggestions for weak links I should upgrade would be great as well. Thanks,.

Ben</TD></TR></TABLE>

internals will be fine as long as the car is tuned properly...the crower cams are really good i also like jg's cams( a lot of others dont)...if you do have the money to spend on axles spend it on something else, with 250-275 whp axles arent a big worry also i am sorry but ACT is **** i have had nothing but issues with every act clutch i have used and my friends have used. 2 different clutches ripped the teeth and 2 shattered nevermind my friends. The best clutch i can recomend would be exedy. My girls turboed 02 celica gts runs the exedy clutch and we love it. I run a twin plate exedy clutch and havent used it but have got positive feedback about it
Old 12-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Couple Questions.... (9SECQTR)

also at 11 psi with a drag kit, stock block, jg 1001 turbo cams, P&P, s-afc, and 310s i made 309 whp on my ls motor so it is very possible
Old 12-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Couple Questions.... (9SECQTR)

Alright thanks for the info so far. Bump it up.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Trial User

Well after doing some research, I think I might go with Full-Race Stage 1 kit, Uberdata, some bigger injectors, and cams. Is there anything else I should be considering? Oh yeah a Exedy clutch as well.

Modified by Team Underground Teg at 1:39 PM 12/6/2004
Old 12-07-2004, 07:56 AM
Trial User

Bump