Notices

compression raito junk

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default compression raito junk

Hello everyone, I am in the process of building a motor and i need some help understanding exactly whats going on. So i drive a civic, i was running a gsr motor, turbo (17lbs) with 9:1 comp pistons. Unfortunately i ended up cracking the cylinder walls so its time to get it sleeved. I searching for a better understand of compression ratios. I am trying to figure out basically what my effective ratio will be given certain variables. I plan on using a stock HG. I want to figure out what setup will be best. Higher CR pistons and lower boost, lower CR pistons and higher boost? And once i am able to work out the effective CR, how can i decide what i can boost to safely on pump gas?
Old 10-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: compression raito junk (EJ8 GSR-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ8 GSR-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hello everyone, I am in the process of building a motor and i need some help understanding exactly whats going on. So i drive a civic, i was running a gsr motor, turbo (17lbs) with 9:1 comp pistons. Unfortunately i ended up cracking the cylinder walls so its time to get it sleeved. I searching for a better understand of compression ratios. I am trying to figure out basically what my effective ratio will be given certain variables. I plan on using a stock HG. I want to figure out what setup will be best. Higher CR pistons and lower boost, lower CR pistons and higher boost? And once i am able to work out the effective CR, how can i decide what i can boost to safely on pump gas? </TD></TR></TABLE>

its time for you to pick up your copy of

it will explain things very effectively for you and its pretty spot on.

but the reason you crack a wall is because of cyclinder pressures getting to high. you probably truely didnt know your CR, which happens from time to time
Old 10-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: compression raito junk (tony413)

ordered I have lost all my trust in any shops ability for build a proper engine, so this time if it goes to ****...ill have no one else to blame
Old 10-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ8 GSR-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ordered I have lost all my trust in any shops ability for build a proper engine, so this time if it goes to ****...ill have no one else to blame </TD></TR></TABLE>

so true

edit* i see your from van as well. whered you get your motor built??
Old 10-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also this might help you figure out your comp ratio's an stuff. been pretty helpful to me so far

http://www.zealautowerks.com/