Notices

Compression ? Hard to start

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compression ? Hard to start

I just finished putting my motor in about a month ago the car just started given me a problem. its dam near impossible to start? I turn it over and it wants to go on the first crank but then it dosent turn on then I have to keep cranking it for it to start about 15seconds it start eventully but now im getting map and tps check engine?? so i finally took the turbo setup off i thought possibly my missing link was causing the problem but still same problem. i swapped the sensors same problem. I changed the T/B same prob any suggestion I was going to buy a new T/B with new sensors but I figure i cant be the only one with the problem. Should I check my wiring harnes ive never spliced it so I doubt I have a short ???? Also did a comperssion test make sure i didnt break anything all cylinders were at 170 except for 3 it was at 220 ?? alot higher then the others not to mention I have 9.1 je forged pistons in a gsr block forged rods head has dual tension valve springs and titanium retainers .
Old 05-11-2007, 11:07 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Compression ? Hard to start (slvrcvc93)

Did you just build the block and then this problem started? What EMS? How many times did you do the compression test? Was the motor warmed up? Are you sure you set the timing correctly?
Old 05-11-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Compression ? Hard to start (slvrcvc93)

Man horrible news and I'm sorry to hear it. Did you have your block sleeved by ge? It sounds like you have a crack somewhere in your block. If you ever figure out what happened to the block pm me or reply to this thread because I'm very curious to know what happened.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Block was just recently built stock ecu with the fmu. The timing I checked over and over it is dead on I did get it started and it ran like a champ no hi low idle nothing i turned it off then back on turned on with no prob this is at 6 pm at 10 I tried again same problem when it was turned on though i still had the check engine light for tps and map Ive been doing this for a while and im even confused and before anyone ask i did swap the main relay just in case anyone is thinking that. I have a new dizzy NEW not rebuilt New plugs new wires I did pull the plug and they were black as **** though im gonna swap the plugs in the morning see what happens let me give you a desciption of what the block has i might be messed up some where Stock GSR compression I belive is supposed to be at 170 number 3 at 220 im am thinking about if im gonna compression test it again Im lucky i have all my own tools lol.
99 gsr motor legit
dc sports polished spark plug cover
new honda oil pump
new honda water pump
ss autochrome turbo manifold
turbonetics t3/t4 drag trim turbo
custom 2 1/2 stainless steal downpipe
front mount intercooler
turbosmart wastegate
turbo smart manuel boost controller
polished turbo housing
hondata intake manifold gasket
64 mm custom intercooler piping
blitz dd blow off valve
vortech 12-1 fmu
aem fuel regulator
golden eagle cam gears
golden eagle hd head studs
je forged pistons
crower forged rods
block guard
New distributor
New driverside axle
New Starter
polished oil filter plate feed oil to turbo
supertech titanium retainers
unorthadox racing crank pully
findanza aluminum flywheel
clutchmasters stage 3 clutch
golden eagle triple cam seal
skunk 2 intake manifold
stock 00 type R cams
walboro 255 fuel pump
custom 2 1/2 exhast
magnaflow muffler
torqflo lite wieght narrow radiator fan
New fan switch
I took the turbo setup off though all i have on it now are all stock engine parts with my jdm headers
Old 05-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (slvrcvc93)

I think I would laugh if it turned out to be washed-out rings from the FMU. 1/3 of that list could have been sold & paid for Hondata w/a tune. Live & learn I guess.

My guess is that with the FMU and 255lph pump, its somehow dumping a ton of gas into the motor at startup. While I was fiddling with my battery injector offsets (different fuel multiplier based on voltage), it was starting with a 10:1 or richer ratio, and barely turned over.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: (HiProfile)

When you actually get it started does it idle at all or does it die as soon as you left off the gas?
Old 05-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr.Hankey)

You were almost right not enough Fuel my Aem regulator was tampered with lol the car starts now with no problem but now i still have to deal with the check engine light Im almost positive I have a wiring harness problem im gonna swap it out this weekend if i can find one. But now im having a new problem car is overheating. I swapped the thermostat and a new fan switch (cracked it a while back) still overheating i let it run till it was above-the middle fan turned on as it should car still overheating check this one out my engine was steaming hot air into the reservoir i pulled the upper hose off and it was like it didnt take in the antifreeze. Any ideas on this ???? I checked and rechecked the hoseing to the block heater core and out to the Head then to the radiator everything looks correct im gonna pull the hoses to check for blockages i might even pull the thermostat out to check if it will stop the problem. gotta start somewhere