Notices

CM flywheel replacable friction surface?

Old 07-31-2005, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CM flywheel replacable friction surface?

Is anyone in here using a clutch masters flywheel and had to replace the friction surface? I'm getting ready to replace my clutch for a new stage 4 comp clutch and need to know if it is necessary to replace this. I've been using the CM stage 3 clutch. I know that you should resurface a flywheel when you replace the clutch but shouldnt this be stronger than a stock flywheel? Also i dont have alot of money so i really dont what to buy parts i dont need. So if anyone has any insight about this flywheel let me know. thanks.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: CM flywheel replacable friction surface? (theo99gsr)

no one has had experience with this flywheel???
Old 08-01-2005, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CM flywheel replacable friction surface? (theo99gsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theo99gsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is anyone in here using a clutch masters flywheel and had to replace the friction surface? I'm getting ready to replace my clutch for a new stage 4 comp clutch and need to know if it is necessary to replace this. I've been using the CM stage 3 clutch. I know that you should resurface a flywheel when you replace the clutch but shouldnt this be stronger than a stock flywheel? Also i dont have alot of money so i really dont what to buy parts i dont need. So if anyone has any insight about this flywheel let me know. thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Good question, once you get the clutch out of the car I would examine the flywheel for any warpage, put a straight edge down over the surface and check for day light between the surface and your straight edge. If you can see excessive gap you might want to get the replacable insert (only about $100).