Notices

Civic si Kit ?'s PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic si Kit ?'s PLEASE HELP!!!

A guy wants to sell me a turbo kit for my 2000 si, I don't want to f'up my car so i thought i would check it out with you guys first, i want to know what else i need to make this kit work saftly and reliably and if there are any thing this kit is missing that i should know about, also if this is a good kit to buy for this car.

the kit comes with

DRAG TURBO MANIFOLD

TURBONETICS T3\T4 TURBO

DELTA 35mm WASTE GATE(7psi)

BLITZ SUPER SOUND BLOW OFF VALVE

2.5in DOWN PIPE

SPEARCO INTERCOOLER WITH POLISHED DRAG ENDS

SECONDARY 125psi FUEL PUMP

VORTEC FUEL MANAGEMENT UNIT

MISSING LINK(MAP BYPASS)

GOODYEAR OIL SUPPLY LINE

ALL PIPING IS INCLUDED WITH BOOTS AND CLAMPS
Old 06-09-2004, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Civic si Kit ?'s PLEASE HELP!!! (Benjithx)

sounds like it comes as it did when he bought it.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:04 PM

That kit is fine as-is for 7-8 psi of boost, but if you plan on building the motor or raising the boost you will probably want to go Hondata or stand alone.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Civic si Kit ?'s PLEASE HELP!!! (turbopimp)

so it is not necessary to upgrade the injectors and fuel pump. I would rather not.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does it have the oil return line kit?!

right now its not required that u upgrade injectors and etc...but when u up the boost, u will need it and a better fuel management.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Benjithx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so it is not necessary to upgrade the injectors and fuel pump. I would rather not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The inline fuel pump and fmu provided in the kit is fine for 7 psi.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:39 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Benjithx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so it is not necessary to upgrade the injectors and fuel pump. I would rather not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well it comes with a inline pump.
It's highly recomended that you upgrade to better tuning, but with what you have now you should be fine if you keep it below 7psi.
If you need a hand with the install let me know.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:04 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Civic si Kit ?'s PLEASE HELP!!! (turbopimp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbopimp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The inline fuel pump provided in the kit is fine for 7 psi. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I would STAY AWAY from that pump! ESPESIALY if its used! There JUNK, I have yet to see one last for more than 6 mo. or so. 125psi is just at the limit cause your press will be up to (12:1 * 7psi =84PSI + STOCK 40psi) =124psi at full boost.

Get a new fuel pump that will push ALOT of fuel.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Civic si Kit ?'s PLEASE HELP!!! (si2die4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si2die4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I would STAY AWAY from that pump! ESPESIALY if its used! There JUNK, I have yet to see one last for more than 6 mo. or so. 125psi is just at the limit cause your press will be up to (12:1 * 7psi =84PSI + STOCK 40psi) =124psi at full boost.

Get a new fuel pump that will push ALOT of fuel.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or get some sort of real tuning. Thats a better idea IMO.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:38 AM

whats up benji, I just recently bought that same kit for my EG6 hatch. I've ran the car for a couple of days with the in-line and fmu and missing link. The car sputters when I'm taking off, probably because the car is running rich all the time because of the pump. Next week i'm going to take those three things off and Jeff at BOSSTED HYBRID is going to tune my car. He told me that in time all that pressure going in, is gonna make the injectors seals go bad. He recommended that I get at least HONDATA s100, 550cc injectors, and a walbro in-tank fuel pump at the minimum.

Before the turbo, I was getting around 250miles on a tank , this week I got 125miles on a tank. Jeff told that after he tunes it and dyno's it, the should be getting normal fuel comsumption. I love my EG6 and I hate to it run sh1ty, thats why i'm going to spend the money.

EG6 4 life, or until I can afford a new benz
Old 06-10-2004, 10:15 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Civic si Kit ?'s PLEASE HELP!!! (b16ahybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16ahybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Or get some sort of real tuning. Thats a better idea IMO.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ya, do that. But then you need a hole lot more than just a fuel pump.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lexvdub1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The car sputters when I'm taking off, probably because the car is running rich all the time because of the pump. </TD></TR></TABLE>
This is proly not true, well I know its not true because of your fuel pump. Your fuel pump does not put more fuel in the engine. You must 1. Turn up the fuel press (your pump dont do that its you FPR AND Raising Rate FPR working togather to do that) or 2. tell them injectors to put mor fuel in there.
What is your static FP? I am willing to bet your not even close to as rich as you thind you are! You need to get a wideband and check this out ASAP.

Boostedhybrid is a Great Tunner, and you will proly get plenty of dyno time since he got that new dynapack. &gt;&gt;DROOL&lt;&lt;
Old 06-10-2004, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Civic si Kit ?'s PLEASE HELP!!! (si2die4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si2die4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is proly not true, well I know its not true because of your fuel pump. Your fuel pump does not put more fuel in the engine. You must 1. Turn up the fuel press (your pump dont do that its you FPR AND Raising Rate FPR working togather to do that) or 2. tell them injectors to put mor fuel in there.
What is your static FP? I am willing to bet your not even close to as rich as you thind you are! You need to get a wideband and check this out ASAP.&lt;</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually A high pressure fuel pump can and will raise your fuel pressure.
Not in all cases, but in mine when I ran a high pressure pump (still do actually) it raised my base fuel pressure from about 36psi to about 59psi. And my car was running rich, really rich. I had to get a aem fpr to lower the fuel pressure back down to stock. The high flow pump just flows to much for my stock fpr, causing it to raise the fuel pressure (restriction causing the higher fuel pressure).
Old 06-11-2004, 06:11 AM
Trial User

hey b16ahybrid, beers on me if you help me tune and install. I live like 10 miles away. I will probably have the kit in a week or two
Old 06-11-2004, 07:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Benjithx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey b16ahybrid, beers on me if you help me tune and install. I live like 10 miles away. I will probably have the kit in a week or two</TD></TR></TABLE>

Name the time and place.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Trial User

You are the man hybrid, email me at Ben_mitchell@juno.com and i will let you know whats up.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:48 AM

you've got mail