Notices

Cheapest Sleeves

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheapest Sleeves

It is actually a question for a N/A motor, but I figured you guys would have more info. I am looking for the cheapest sleeves for a B-series which can handle an 85mm bore. Or even a list comparing the prices. This motor will NEVER see boost or N20, but I want it to handle 9000rpms. Compression will only be around 11.5:1-12:1. These are for a B18A, but I will have a Block girdle (from a GSR). I know you get what you pay for, but a friend told me (when I mentioned I was going to use darton sleeves) that there are sleeves that are WAY cheaper. This is not a race car, it is my daily driver and most of the time it will only see 4000rpms or less.

TIA
Old 05-29-2003, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Cheapest Sleeves (Twenty36_1)

I dont believe there are such thing as a "cheaper sleeves". All the sleeves out there are made to perform to the highest possible situation.

We just released our Exospeed Sleeves recently and are at $290 for the set. They do require installation by an experienced machine shop. But overall, its best to just go with the sleeving service all at the same time. lets say if you go through us, the sleeving service is about $880 and includes the sleeves and all the machining. its up to you.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cheapest Sleeves (exospeedAMcrx)

if its a daily driver, why the need to go 85mm?? just get 81.5mm Endyn 12.5:1 pistons and they will yield similar HP mod for mod. we have run up to 13:1 on these pistons using 91octane pump gas. on 110octane we also run a 125shot without a proplem.
if you stay close to stock bore, there are straight repair sleeves which are much thicker than stock. it cost us $650 to have them installed vs $800+.
now the other factor is that you don't really need aftermarket sleeves with the application you discribed. the motor i discribed above runs stock sleeves.
now if cylinder walking is your concern. a block guard can help that.

Old 05-29-2003, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cheapest Sleeves (trickeng)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> We just released our Exospeed Sleeves recently and are at $290 for the set. They do require installation by an experienced machine shop. But overall, its best to just go with the sleeving service all at the same time. lets say if you go through us, the sleeving service is about $880 and includes the sleeves and all the machining. its up to you.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

How much would you charge me if i sent you my short-block assembled. Than you do the sleeving and install after market pistons and rods? Thanks
Old 05-29-2003, 06:30 AM
New User

Default Re: Cheapest Sleeves (exospeedAMcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by exospeedAMcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont believe there are such thing as a "cheaper sleeves". All the sleeves out there are made to perform to the highest possible situation.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I saw at Pep Boys the APC sleeves.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cheapest Sleeves (brryder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brryder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How much would you charge me if i sent you my short-block assembled. Than you do the sleeving and install after market pistons and rods? Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>
if we tore down the block, resleeved and in stalled new stuff. its pretty much a new fresh rebuild. look on our website on prices on the diff stages of race blocks.
http://www.exospeed.com