Notices

CEL problems with IAT and IAC

Old 03-18-2003, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL problems with IAT and IAC

Hi,

Before all I would like to say that I used the search function but found nothing on these two CEL problems.
I really need your help cause German engineers are crap.
I put on a JRSC on a GSR engine. However CEL is always on and engine is really running poor. Honda guys read the error message and found out that it is about the IAT and IAC. As far as I know these are the two sensors located on the top of the intake. Also, the JR relais does not work properly. It switches all the time on and off very fast. It sounds like a fast clicking. May this be related? I cannot say yes because CEL is on even when the JR relais is not connected. We also thought that IAT and IAC are the two sensors on the top of the intake and may be misplaced. Both are looking same and can be changed.
In the JR manual they say to make the IAT sensor wiring longer. Is the IAT sensor the one on the same wire with a sensor located in the throttle body or is this the IAC sensor? We think that the IAT sensor is the one on the same wire with the sensor which was on a plastic canister underneath the intake which had to be left out. (oh man I hope you can understand my poor English).
Best would maybe be if somebody can send me a pic of a JRSCed GSR engine with all sensors connected. That would be really great. Any other help also very welcome