Notices

Which Catch Can setup? Pics Included

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Catch Can setup? Pics Included

Theres so much info everywere, ive searched , Ive narrowed it down to these 3 setups, The first three are easier to do, so Im wondering if theyll do the job, running low boost ?

Any info u can share please do so.

setup 1

setup 2

setup 3

setup 4

Modified by SohcPower at 10:14 PM 8/3/2006
Old 08-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Which Catch Can setup? Pics Included (SohcPower)

set up 4
plus the 2 back ports on the engine block to another catch can or the same one if you want
Old 08-03-2006, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Which Catch Can setup? Pics Included (riceball777)

its an h22 if that helps ?
Anyone have any ifno on this

http://www.et-performance.com/turbo.html
Old 08-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Which Catch Can setup? Pics Included (SohcPower)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SohcPower &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">setup 1

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am not sure how familiar you are with all these catch can set ups so ill try to be as clear as possible. In this diagram you have two slashcuts placed in the pre turbo intake. To make it simpler run the valve cover breather into the catch can or do like in set up 2 and put a breather on it and no vacuum source.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SohcPower &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">setup 2

</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is a simpler version of number 1. I would run this before number 1 since its simpler and acheives the same thing.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SohcPower &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">setup 3

</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is just a simple breather for the valve cover. I personally would tap 2 in the front instead of 1 front and one rear. The one in the rear may have oil come out due to when you accelerate the oil gets pushed back and may come out. It is more beneficial to vent the block but anything will help.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SohcPower &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">setup 4

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know if the h22 has the vents on the back like a b series but this would be the best set up with a few changes. First you CAN NOT have a sealed catch can unless you have a vacuum source attached to it. I would forget the whole slashcut evacuation in the pre turbo pipes because it will get your turbo all oily along with your charge pipes. This is one of the reasons you make a catch can, to prevent oil contamination in your charge pipes. I would run an open breather. Here is an example of the set up I am running.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Which Catch Can setup? Pics Included (TurboEM1)

^ thank you