Notices

Catch Can questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catch Can questions?

I went through a read a bunch of different posts about the catch cans. I was going to go with the greddy can but a lot of people in the threads are saying they suck don't go with them.

Is the new design any better then the old design? The only difference I see is one is round and the other is square and I see the two fittings are further apart, not sure if that helps with anything. Or why people are saying they are junk.

Also some people say to go with this catch can. http://www.visualnoise.com/fasttimes/breather.html

So what do you guy recommend and why? I have blow by and my fuel rail and injectors get coated in oil. I just want to get something that will work well. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2004, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Catch Can questions? (underpressure02)

All these smart people on here and no one knows.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Catch Can questions? (underpressure02)

A catch can works with increasing surface area to catch oil particles ... The Greddy will work but not that well because it is simply just a rectangle and thus does not have much internal surface area for the oil to cling on.

The Best design I have seen is the Moroso Catch can because it is internally baffled so the air flow has to go down the internal side and up through the middle creating more internal surface area and catching more oil particles through the baffled design.
Summit and Jegs sell them , buy the aluminum one....

If you purchase a non- baffled catch can then place one of those plastic bathroom shower scrubs your girlfriend uses in there to increase internal surface area for the oil to cling on.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Catch Can questions? (dasher)

oh and btw , I'm only guessing that your girlfriend uses those body scrubs ... I haven't been looking in through her bathroom window