Car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 12:19 PM
LST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start

I have a 95 LS and I have just chipped my ECU with Uberdata. I was able to start the car but it had a rough idle. I pulled out a bit and it died b/c I did not give it enough gas. Then I was able to start 'er up again, drove around for a minute or two then parked. Now I can't start it back up. I have a solid CEL with both the chip in and the stock ECU. The engine turns/cranks it just never starts. I still have the AFC hack on it with the inline pump and the stock map on the chip just to make sure the chip was working. Also, I don't hear the inline pump prime like it used to in the on position. Any suggestions?
Old 10-19-2004, 12:52 PM
LST

Default Re: Car won't start (johcipa)

The more I think about it, I think it is my inline pump causing the problems. For some reason, I think the new chip messed with the fuel pump turning on. I was able to start it b/c there was already a little fuel in the lines. Then after I ran it a while I used up the fuel and now no start. Any ideas why the fuel pump might quit on me after I chipped the ECU?
Old 10-20-2004, 04:58 AM
LST

I was thinking it was fouled plugs from all the starts in limp mode. I pulled the plugs and they were pretty black and looke fouled from too much fuel so I replaced them. However, the car still will not start. I have a solid CEL with both the J1 jumper hooked up and stock. I still can't hear my inline pump go on and I don't think the in tank is working (can't tell). I did cut the line in front of the inline and connected the power to the battery to test it and it did come on and fuel was being pumped. So I hooked up the fuel line again and kept the power to the battery while I cranked it and still no luck. It just turns...

I need help

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2004, 09:03 AM
LST

OK, now I am really getting frustruated. I disconnected the negative side of the battery and took out the blue 15v ECU fuse for an hour while I was at lucnh. Put the fuse back in and conencted the battery and.... not start. It still just cranks. I still get the solid CEL and the inline pump still does not start on its own in "ON" mode. I tried connecting the power on the inline to the battery to let it run constant, the pump turned on but still no start. More help?