Notices

car bogging! need help asap!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 09:08 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car bogging! need help asap!

my car is NOT running right!

a few days ago... i was driving and i heard a pop from the exhaust. my car idled bad soon after and it shut off. i got it to start 5 minutes later and attempted to drive it home. i almost made it home til my car bogged again and shut off. i couldnt start it this time.

next day... i replaced the rotor and the spark plugs. i removed the MSD unit and hooked up the MSD external coil back to the stock ignition amp. so my car is back to running stock ignition with the exception of the blaster ss external coil. i started the car and WAHH LAHHH! it started up and ran again.

then today... i got in my car and headed to the bay for my daily hour commute. halfway there... my car started to bog! feels sluggish and it stutters alot. it bogs most of the time at lower rpms. i made it to school. after school... i started to work on it and it still bogs. i reseted the ecu. replaced the spark plug wires. tapped the metal near the cap to test the distributor (friend told me this trick). checked fuses. regapped spark plugs to .40 (bcpr7es11 NGK). spark plugs were white! running lean maybe.

I CANT FIGURE WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY CAR!
is it the distributor???!!!
Old 11-12-2002, 09:17 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: car bogging! need help asap! (dlplayboy)

I read ur other post and was gonna post what I thought it was but i thought u got the problem solved. what kinda fuel pressure regulator are u running?
Old 11-12-2002, 09:20 PM
New User

Default Re: car bogging! need help asap! (DIRep972)

I read ur other post and was gonna post what I thought it was but i thought u got the problem solved. what kinda fuel pressure regulator are u running?
stock fuel pressure regulator.
vortech fmu.

so you do have an idea what i might be? tell me! i need some comforting tech advice!

im stuck here at my girl's sister's apartment and she is offering to use her triple AAA card to tow my car back home, which is an hour away. if i cant fix my car because i need a new part, then ill have to tow it.

ill send u an IM.

[Modified by dlplayboy, 10:20 PM 11/12/2002]
Old 11-12-2002, 09:33 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: car bogging! need help asap! (dlplayboy)

welll, your symptoms sounds exactly like my car when my fuel pressure regulator busted. fuel all in the vacum lines, car bogging, stalled, hard starting. BUT, u said u have stock so i doubt thats the problem. at the very least i guess pull off the vacum line going from the FMU to the regulator and make sure its clean.

other then that. good luck
Old 11-12-2002, 09:36 PM
New User

Default Re: car bogging! need help asap! (DIRep972)

welll, your symptoms sounds exactly like my car when my fuel pressure regulator busted. fuel all in the vacum lines, car bogging, stalled, hard starting. BUT, u said u have stock so i doubt thats the problem. at the very least i guess pull off the vacum line going from the FMU to the regulator and make sure its clean.

other then that. good luck
will do. thanks for the suggestion.

im kinda worried it might be the distributor.