Notices

Can someone please help me with this...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone please help me with this...

Ok, i am thinking about going F/I, but i am hearing different things, i read some posts, then i hear someone say different. I am just curious on what all i need 2 do 2 go turbo besides the turbo & pipeing. What exactly do i need?? I know i need bigger injectors, fuel rail, and i need 2 rebuild, but what else?? people tell me i need more, a lot more, and i dunno, it makes me not wanna go turbo. I will rebuild with a 9.5:1 c/r and get new everything on the bottom end. Then ill get skunk2 stage 2 cams, retainers and springs. But what else would i need besides the things i have mentioned. Then people tell me that since im a GSR my VTEC will hurt my power with the turbo, someone please help me, i really really wanna go turbo.... TIA
Old 05-22-2002, 05:45 PM
New User

Default Re: Can someone please help me with this... (TeamTooQuick)

Ok, i am thinking about going F/I, but i am hearing different things, i read some posts, then i hear someone say different. I am just curious on what all i need 2 do 2 go turbo besides the turbo & pipeing. What exactly do i need?? I know i need bigger injectors, fuel rail, and i need 2 rebuild, but what else?? people tell me i need more, a lot more, and i dunno, it makes me not wanna go turbo. I will rebuild with a 9.5:1 c/r and get new everything on the bottom end. Then ill get skunk2 stage 2 cams, retainers and springs. But what else would i need besides the things i have mentioned. Then people tell me that since im a GSR my VTEC will hurt my power with the turbo, someone please help me, i really really wanna go turbo.... TIA
Wow, your saying a lot of different stuff there.

Personally, I dont think you should worry about the valvetrain, or the cams. Dont worry about the fuel rail, or even injectors for right now. If your serious about getting a turbo, just get a drag kit, run it at 5-7 psi and make sure it runs as good as is possible.
From reading your post, I wouldnt worry about building your internals up, pistons etc., either. I dont think it would be worth it unless you have the money and a lot of time, patience and knowledge.
However told you that the gsr isnt a good turbo candidate, that is dumb, dont listen to them anymore.

In sum, just get a drag kit like a lot of other people on this board. Theres always that chance that something bad will happen no matter what you do, but you have to be ready to risk that.
Old 05-23-2002, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Can someone please help me with this... (Devin)

but if i do go turbo i would wanna rebuild since my engine has 114,000 miles on it, or do i need 2, cuz i can get the money for the rebuild if i should rebuild...
Old 05-23-2002, 01:49 PM
Better than steak

I have 120k miles and I had a simple set up. KISS(keep it simple stupid) is what I tell myself all the time.

art
Old 05-23-2002, 01:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buy a copy of maximum boost by corky bell ... good turbo info/foundation.