Notices

Cams and Throttle response?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cams and Throttle response?

Hey guys I've been away for a while, with family issues and other BS... But enough with that heres my deal...

I've been so busy with work and my family that I never drive my 88 crx si anymore, and so I've decided here in the near future that I will be letting my registration expire and I will be getting rid of everything that will not help me on a Race track. I will have to trailer my car as I do have VIR about 4 hours from me...

So with that said here's what's in the car right now:

JDM B16 Y1 LSD (Had since 2001, about 40,000)
16" Kosei K1 with Parada Spec 2
B&G S2 complete coilovers
Place Racing Front Crossmember
DC JDM Type R 4-1 headers
Custom 2.5" mid-pipe with Catco Cat and 5Zigen axle back
Spoon strut bars upper and lower in both front and rear.
ACT Street Disc, HD pressure plate, and ACT streetlite flywheel
Fluidyne Half Radiator, with toggle switch for cooling fan.
HKS intake
And a **** load of interior stuff that I don't need like JDM rear seats and such... The Flared Mugen body kit is most likely be removed as the guy that did my original body work molded the kit on when I wanted it bolt on... But I still love the Lexus RX 330 Pearl white paint...

I guess it's worth saying I've had this car since 1996, and started messing with it in 1998 as this was my first car...

Here's what's sitting in the garage and waiting to go into the engine bay once I get a few more things like intercooler and boost controller...

LS/Vtec
B18b block with AC block guard(Don't know why I installed this as with proper tuning I'll never need it)
B16 head, ported and shaved valve stems
ARP Studs
GSR cams, Eldelbrock 5 bolt cam gears
Turbonetics T3/TO4E .63/.60
Custom Ramhorn manifold
3" downpipe, with custom 3" turboback with 14" resonator(No cat) to Meagan N1 style can.
SRP 9.1:1 pistons, 81mm
Eagle H-Beam rods
Hastings Rings
All new bushings
45mm Turbonetics RateGate
Synaptic BOV
Precision 880cc injectors
Omni Power Valve Springs/Retainers
255lph Walbro pump
ACT Extreme Clutch kit, with 6 puck sprung, and will be reusing the ACT Streetlite flywheel provided nothing is wrong with it...
P28 ECU with S200 Hondata, but looking to upgrad to AEM EMS...

My main question is with throttle response still the main concern for track cars, and especially circuit orientated cars, will I be better off sticking with the GSR cams for this turbo set up or look to purchase something more aggressive as I will not have to worry about launching like in drag?

Keep in mind I want to turn this from a nice street car to a track car that can get the **** kicked out of it, and put a huge smile on my face. So with that said I'm not worried about looks much anymore I'm over that BS, but I want the best throttle response possible short of redoing my new set up... And don't say Supercharge it or rebuild it for N/A... And yes I still have a bunch more things I either didn't list or still need to buy, and I will be looking into installing at least an 8 point role cage...

I appreciate any positive input you guys can throw my way as I've been out of the "tech" **** for just about a year now... So any new camshafts or profiles that are new and worth looking into please let me know!

Later guys,
Old 07-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cams and Throttle response? (Mugencrxsir1)

What is no one awake yet? I guess most of you guys are still hungover...