Notices

BWR front mount manifold??? anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BWR front mount manifold??? anyone??

Is there any feeds back/reviews on the bwr front mount turbo manifold or any manifold they built?? I'm thinking about changing my set-up..?? any infor will be good..thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BWR front mount manifold??? anyone??

I know that you are looking to save money, but in reality you will end up spending more in the long run. Looks like you have a street car, so that manifold will take alot of abuse on the street and it will crack. Heck, we even had an AFI manifold on our race car and it cracked by the collector. That's why we are going with Full-Race now.

Just save your money now and get a better manifold.

We heard that Full-Race will be coming out with a front mount turbo soon...
Old 02-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks guys...will do...I have a full-race top mount t3 right now...but going to change to divided manifold..
Old 02-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're still on a stock block and making less than ~500whp, there is no need for a topmount or frontmount manifold. If anything, I would 'downgrade' to something with shorter runners...prototype, shorty, ramhorn, etc. With a setup geared toward the street, you want faster response rather than peak power. A few years back I ran a topmount with a GT3255b (similar to your 50 trim) and made 305whp/206wtq at 10.5psi...it cracked and I switched to a shorty ramhorn manifold. I was in boost about 1000rpm sooner and had full boost about 800rpm faster than with the topmount. It picked up nearly 50whp/50wtq with the shorty vs the topmount and made more power up top as well. The manifold choice needs to match the turbocharger and the use for the car. Something to consider when buying a manifold...
Old 02-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Schister66
If you're still on a stock block and making less than ~500whp, there is no need for a topmount or frontmount manifold. If anything, I would 'downgrade' to something with shorter runners...prototype, shorty, ramhorn, etc. With a setup geared toward the street, you want faster response rather than peak power. A few years back I ran a topmount with a GT3255b (similar to your 50 trim) and made 305whp/206wtq at 10.5psi...it cracked and I switched to a shorty ramhorn manifold. I was in boost about 1000rpm sooner and had full boost about 800rpm faster than with the topmount. It picked up nearly 50whp/50wtq with the shorty vs the topmount and made more power up top as well. The manifold choice needs to match the turbocharger and the use for the car. Something to consider when buying a manifold...
if you are looking at my signature....you just miss that i have a full-race top mount already with a gt35..on th post before this one and no its not going on the stock motor on the (signature)..I already know that a ram horn should spool sooner than a top mount....I'm just asking for review because i'm looking for a divided t4 so i can control the boost on the lower gears
Old 02-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have pretty many bwr products on my car. and they have done well by mee. There many companies out there that can ive make just as as products as full race. I even seen full race manifolds crack . when building your honda you buy parts that u can afford and that work for just cause a manifold is expensive or inexpenceive doesnt mean that it will bee right for your set up
Old 02-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redflaredcrx90
i have pretty many bwr products on my car. and they have done well by mee. There many companies out there that can ive make just as as products as full race. I even seen full race manifolds crack . when building your honda you buy parts that u can afford and that work for just cause a manifold is expensive or inexpenceive doesnt mean that it will bee right for your set up
wow... what?
Old 07-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Whiterice-gsr
wow... what?
I know it's super old, but made me laugh. Hard!