Notices

broken skunk2 cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken skunk2 cam

Do they take care of these issues? It broke in a very unusual spot, right where it connects to the distributor. I started it one cold morning and all i heard was a bad rattle. So I just turned it off and tore it down a few weeks later. Turns out that the cam broke where it connects to the distributor. The cam is for a sohc. And i got it like 2 years ago, but only installed it like 2 months ago.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: broken skunk2 cam (mattssi)

You definitely need to give those guys a call. Like all other vendors/shops, they'll try blame the problem on "install error", especially if you're trying to get them to pay for the whole engine repair bill. So you got to "prove" to them that you did a correct vam installation. It wouldn't hurt to take pictures of the broken cam either.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: broken skunk2 cam (green_GSR)

It couldn't be because of poor installation.. The part that broke off is the least likely spot.. I was expecting to see a lobe that was all messed up, or a complete section. It just really looks like it was a material flaw. Like it was made with cheap metals or there was a bad section. I don't know. I will send them an e-mail and post up some pics.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bad installs dont take 2 years to cause a problem. But they will still try to blame it on you though. Or say its out of warranty. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: broken skunk2 cam (Muckman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattssi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And i got it like 2 years ago, but only installed it like 2 months ago. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muckman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bad installs dont take 2 years to cause a problem. But they will still try to blame it on you though. Or say its out of warranty. Good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

almost muckman
Old 09-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: broken skunk2 cam (Si Shane)

I am at work and don't have access to pics yet, But do you all get the gist of it. It didn't break in the traditional place where a cam would break. It broke where the end of the cam meets the distributor... I mean, come on. I checked the dist. to make sure that it wasn't seizing, or hard to move, The dist is fine. The cam just let go. I haven't ever seen this before. I live in oregon too, so it wasn't that cold outside. Other than that, the cam is fine, no wear anywhere else. The motor still works good with the piece missing. It wasn't due to faulty install. I have heard that skunk2 is a beast when it comes to customer complaint resolutions. And that they are not verf fourth coming with fixing broken parts... Just wondering if i should even bother given the situation
Old 09-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: broken skunk2 cam (Si Shane)

skimming ownz me.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:25 PM
mike93eh

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattssi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do they take care of these issues? It broke in a very unusual spot, right where it connects to the distributor. I started it one cold morning and all i heard was a bad rattle. So I just turned it off and tore it down a few weeks later. Turns out that the cam broke where it connects to the distributor. The cam is for a sohc. And i got it like 2 years ago, but only installed it like 2 months ago. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hhaha good luck dude...because you just got owned...

junk2

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1356040
Old 09-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: broken skunk2 cam (mike93eh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hhaha good luck dude...because you just got owned...

junk2

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1356040</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i suppose there might be a better way to say it, but laughing at the guy will do.

j/p... but seriously, i wish you the best of luck w/ getting that replaced. but with punk2, thats kinda like getting crabs from a girl and trying to get her to eat them off.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: broken skunk2 cam (deeksmooth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by deeksmooth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but with punk2, thats kinda like getting crabs from a girl and trying to get her to eat them off.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That is kinda nasty. even for me. So basically what your saying is that once you purchase something from skunk2, That is where the customer service stops huh? Doesn't anybody else see a problem with that. It isn't like there small time or anything. People should start a boycott or something.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes sir, unfortunately that seems to be the case that more and more ppl are realizing. even on their own, without reading the thread mike93eh mentioned up a few posts ago in this thread.. i'll never buy any of their products again.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:18 PM

i know i said i wouldnt buy any skunk2 stuff, but an HT sponsor was selling springs brand new for 124 shipped, so I'm gonna have skunk2 springs on my car tomorow. sorry for being a sell out guys
Old 09-23-2005, 07:24 PM
mike93eh

Default Re: (happy_guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by happy_guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know i said i wouldnt buy any skunk2 stuff, but an HT sponsor was selling springs brand new for 124 shipped, so I'm gonna have skunk2 springs on my car tomorow. sorry for being a sell out guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

i hope they break on you and then junk2 wont replace them and call you a stupid bench racer.

Old 09-24-2005, 02:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (happy_guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by happy_guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know i said i wouldnt buy any skunk2 stuff, but an HT sponsor was selling springs brand new for 124 shipped, so I'm gonna have skunk2 springs on my car tomorow. sorry for being a sell out guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wasn't going to buy sk2 stuff either, but I found springs + retainers for $200 shipped so I jumped on it. Whatever, I'm broke.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: (EnzoSpeed)

**** SKUNK2 SAME **** HAPPENED TO MY STAGE 2'S. GOT IT OVERNIGHTED TO ME AND OPEN THE BOX TO FIND A BUSTED CAM.